Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

PAOK and La Coruna have come to an agreement for a 2 million Euro deal for Lucas. It will be made official when Karpaty Lvov gives the final ok.

Reports are that we are also after the Bosnian midfielder Gojko Cimirot (22 years old)

Well she did come to Salonica with him to check things out. It appears that something scared her away. I guess she did not want her significant other to indulge in the nightlife like some others (Noboa, etc.) for six months and then having to move on to other things.

They probably got a ride with a taxi driver who took them via Dendropotamos ....

PAOK and La Coruna have come to an agreement for a 2 million Euro deal for Lucas. It will be made official when Karpaty Lvov gives the final ok.

Sigh.  I knew this day was coming.  It's such a shame.

The one good thing about this season is the "clean out".  The logic (and I'm guessing) seems to be to get rid of players that don't want to be there and/or are not part of the long term plan.

In terms of wages saved, so far we have Noboa 1M, Lucas 380K, Maartens 700K.  That's 2.1M there.  Still to come, Rats 600K, Golasa  260K, Pereyra 300K.  That's 1.16M there.  The two combined is 3.2M ... not including tax.  Hopefully the savings from this is put to good use.  Plus we actually got 1.5M for Noboa and 2M for Lucas (minus Karpatys cut).

Having said that, we need to find replacements for the above and still have a way to go with our transfers.  And I'm relieved we didn't sign Rudnevs.  It never felt right and it was Maartens 2.0 in the making.

Any idea if we got a sell-on percentage clause with Lucas ?

Edited by Bananas

I think Blackhawk had confirmed that a few pages back.

We may be saving on salaries, but apart from Noboa and Lucas, we will have paid out substantial sums to terminate these contracts. Essentially the entirety of what we gained for Noboa, it seems to me.

Still, could be worse...

You wont find better players then Pereryra and Lucas for those salaries.

Why does Pereyra needs to go man?

I think we can, but even if we can't...that's not a big deal. The club can afford to pay some people better, it's all in who they find.

Pereyra wasn't exactly booted by the club. He wants to leave, apparently to Olympiakos. I say they send him out on loan to a team in Kyrgyzstan.

the only good release was that of Martens, for the others i doubt that we will be able to replace them, at least some of our youngsters this year will have a chance to prove themselves and get better for the future

I agree that Rat doesn't seem like a good choice to release (even though from what I heard, Korovesis was great today). We're way too thin at left back and center back, and getting rid of players in each position does not bode well.

Also if Dutch Eagle can read this, I'm in Amsterdam and I'm loving it so far

Hope you enjoy your stay. But for me (born in Rotterdam) there is only Rotterdam (really getting the place to be) and off course Thessaloniki.

Hope you enjoy your stay. But for me (born in Rotterdam) there is only Rotterdam (really getting the place to be) and off course Thessaloniki.

I would really have liked to see Rotterdam, if I was passing through I would. The last I'll see of Holland is Hoek Van Holland which I think may be one stop before Rotterdam unfortunately.

Edited by Pontos

Agreed, this came out of nowhere. Transfermarkt says he plays predominantly on the left wing, also plays as a right wing and striker. Not sure where all these people will fit in with Tudor's formations using two wingbacks and two CFs, when one of those guys is Kitsiou - maybe the below? It doesn't seem like any of these new signings are as good as Klaus.

--Kitsiou--                          --Mak--

--Rodrigues--Klaus--

If Jairo (or Rodrigues) is a good finisher, Mak is sure to feel nervous.

FK Sarajevo fan here.

Anything in the Greek media about the Cimirot transfer?

FKS football director is saying that there was a formal offer from PAOK. I'm guessing it was in the ballpark of 1m euros. It was rejected, and now the two clubs are negotiating.

Edit.

I don't get it. It looks like PAOK already has experienced DMs (unless these guys are on the way out or lack the quality that PAOK are looking for).

Edited by Ikande

Welcome to the forums

We more or less only have two DMs, one of which is great (Kace) - and might be sold to Fiorentina - and the other (Tziolis) is pretty poor. My assumption is that Tziolis is only there because we lack experience in midfield, and that once a suitable replacement is found he'll be let go.

I noticed your post in the Atromitos forum as well; PAOK would win a bidding war over Atromitos, but the question is whether or not this guy is worth over a million euros. It sounds like they're holding out for more money since they know the team has the means to pay it if they want him badly enough.

If Jairo (or Rodrigues) is a good finisher, Mak is sure to feel nervous.

As well he should. I  just don't believe some of the sitters he misses. Tudor should make him stay an additional hour after practice just to make him improve his finishing.

• Like it 1

Not only did he take his Italian Step-father's name but he also bought in to believe in everything Italian.

I doubt he'd come to play in Greece. Sure he'll play for a s#it Mongolbirligi club in Turkey but he'll laugh at the idea of playing in Greece for a club on the verge of Europa League.