Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

On 10/1/2017 at 6:44 AM, georgelaz said:

no way he starts pelkas vs. belgium. he's shown he's conservative and in what could be one of the most pivotal matches of the campaign, no chance unless pelka gets a hat-trick against some big time team at paok

I dont think so, since he has became a starter now that rodriguez waved goodbye, Pelkas will be noticed, he assisted and I also believe scored against Fiorentina. All the boy needs is some regular time and he ll find a better self - IF he is worth it.

pelkas did not score or assist v fiorentina. That was rodrigues
In fact pelka looked off the pace when he came on in that game and turned the ball over a few times.

He scored the winner vs Levediakos last week and he missed a bucket load of chances vs pas on the weekend. 
In short he is not starting material for the NT, not yet anyways. Does he have a spot in the squad? perhaps.

• Like it 2

Pelkas is a bit more consistent can also play central...

However..yes in regards to NT...Pelkas,Platellas + Giannotas, just like Kolovos, Vlaxodimos ,Aravidis , Koutsianikoulis, (and Klonaridis) in the past...are not the solution...

We are screaming out for quick skillful players to play in these advanced wide positions...and anyone that shows glimpses of something..we are quick to grasp on to...

In reality you need players of the quality of Stelios, Mirallas, Galletti, Mak, Djole, Leto in these positions to make an impact..

To compare any of the  current Greek players above is beyond laughable...

That's why many  here are still hanging on to Kone,Lazaros, Ninis and Fetfa...as options....at least these guys have played in major tournaments and club football at a decent level..

• Like it 1

A fast wingman who is all up for hunting the through balls and not just keeping it on his feet waiting for others to come up will upgrade the team's total playstyle.

Even if he is as bad as Platellas and Aravidis, who can't even make it in the first X1 of this Aek.

We are a strong defensive team. Such teams hit on the counter. We can't hit on the counter with only Fortounis and Mitroglou. Mantalos can't play wide. He is a good offensive player but that's about it. He deserves to be in the starters but he clearly can't play winger.

If I was to choose anything to represent us as a winger Id go for Gianniotas on the Right and Pelkas on the Left. Fortounis on the Center and Mitroglou up front.

Mantalos could actually work on an offensive scheme that we should try vs Gibraltar, like 3-2-2-3. That would be fun.

• Like it 1

Can't wait for Kourbelis to mature a bit and have a  midfield of Siopis - Kourbelis-Tachtsidis in a 3-5-2. After all, a man can dream right?

Manolas - Kyriakos - Sokratis

Siopis - Tachtsidis - Kourbelis

- - Mantalos - - - - - Pelkas- -

- - - - - - Fortounis - - - - - - - -

- - - -Mitroglou - - - - - - - - - - -

now that i saw it complete, it probably sux. but how much worse can it be than Tziolis Maniatis

Anyways, point of the post is that if in 2-3 years Gianniotas, Kourbelis ,Siopis , Pelkas and Vellios don't end up as we hope, i clearly don't think we ll be making steps up but the opposite. In 2-3 years our current defenders will still be eligible , only missing a key player Torosidis, so if the players mentioned want it, we might actually end up better than expected.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Maybe add Lazaros Lamprou to that list. I know u ll start saying that "he couldn't even be a starter at Iraklis, the last GSL team, he probably ain't good". But I recently found out that the reason Lamprou was always starting after 60' is because a rule on his contract, that if he plays more than 30mins in each match he gets paid more. 

Now I know that Iraklis is not a hated team, at least for me, but after seeing this, I was wondering, then why the f*ck did u sign the player if u cant pay him?To destroy his career?

Karnezis

Manolas - Kyriakos - Sokratis

Toro -  Samaris -        Staf

- - -Tachtsi/Fetfa   - - - - Mantalos- -

- - - - - - Fortounis - - - - - - - -

- - - -Mitroglou - - - - - - - - - -

Let's think one tourny at a time. Toro will still be our best RB in 2018.

Edited by georgelaz

Siopis is very good in my opinion. I just saw the highlights of Atromitos vs Panionios, he works for the team, he is also fast and very agile with a good technique something we don't see in our national team's midfield. 

I haven't seen much of Kourbelis so I can't comment about him. I agree with Amorgos about needing to have runners in the midfield. Skibbe has played Maniatis and Samaris a lot in the midfield. Maybe it's time to play Siopis alongside either Samaris or Tachtsidis. 

Also Tasos Donis has potential to be in the national team for a few years. Retsos does too but our 3 defenders have it covered for the next 5-10 years. 

• Like it 1

If people are happy to pick players that play in the Chinese league, ie. Fetfa, as long as they are getting real minutes, then consider Samaras who plays in the NASL (same standard league, if not better), for LW for the pirates, where he has the most expertise over Anyone we have. He has more speed than Tzioli, Taxi and afew others.

we're not gunna see any surprises. basically skibbe's plan is

Mitroglou

Fortounis Mantalos

Staf Samaris

Tzav Sokratis Kpaps Manolas Toro

Karnezis

His 4 additional go-to's are karelis, tziolis, gianniotas tachtsi

it's not shabby at all just karelis at LW and tziolis in general are mistakes.

Belgium whole squad is pretty much in form tho, so we might get blown out.

we're talking naingollan, hazard, courtois, de bruyne, lukaku. exoun piotita

Edited by georgelaz

Lazo, Kareli is out for 12 months with leg injury. Who better for LW than proven world cup goalscorer Samaras? The Pirates must start to phase in wingers sooner rather than later, even with the risks involved. The first option is Giorgios. His troubled times are behind him now and he can play.

Edited by ausgreek

8 hours ago, georgelaz said:

we're not gunna see any surprises. basically skibbe's plan is

Mitroglou

Fortounis Mantalos

Staf Samaris

Tzav Sokratis Kpaps Manolas Toro

Karnezis

His 4 additional go-to's are karelis, tziolis, gianniotas tachtsi

it's not shabby at all just karelis at LW and tziolis in general are mistakes.

Belgium whole squad is pretty much in form tho, so we might get blown out.

we're talking naingollan, hazard, courtois, de bruyne, lukaku. exoun piotita

papadopoulos is banned for this match so we should not look strange if skibbe play with 5 in the back and he uses tzavellas as left centerback and stafylidis as left back and maniatis as DM. or just 4 in the back and 3 DM's.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic