Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Bakasetas needs more time. I believe he can play defensive mid. He has got a good shot on him and is strong on the ball. I saw the repeat of Asteras Tripolis vs PAOK just to see how Kourbelis played. He is far more useful than Tziolis and can play both CB and DM. Also I saw Tsoukalas. He is a strong player and has good touches. Ioannidis is a player to look out for also Koulouris played well.

Edited by Dean97

I believe Koutroubis neets to be given time. Pao is getting results and Koutrou has been a defence leader (Ofc Moledo is the leader but I mean he s established himself as a worthy starter at PAO) at good and worse years.

Zeca should be added to the squad. Why not. I believe Tachtsidis will be established as a starter, after SKibbe saw what he can do. Samaris Tachtsidis Fortounis midfield is the best we got.

As for Bakaseta, I  dont like repeating myself, but the fact that the boy wants to establish himself in the NT makes him run his assss off too much. His defensive duties are never left behind. Smart kid never forgetti, mama's spagetti.

BUT. Problem is that the fact that the best fullbacks Bosnians have are not even defenders but are actually wingers(aka they re playing with terrible players at the backline), A tachtsidis ball alongside a Gianniotas/Mantalos/Fortounis move could get the job done. Lets be realistic, chances are we re gonna lose in Bosnia, so we need a 3pointer here. I dont see Baka fitting saddly.
3 points here  and a draw from Belgium in Athens literally secures 2nd spot.

I expect Cyprus to give us the match as they wont have any hope to qualify and they cheer for Greece.

Gibraltar in Athens we gonna roast em.

Estonia in Athens gonna be tougher but we gonna roast em as well.

Aka: 4 points in our 2 upcomming matches (although a draw vs Belgium gonna be easier in Athens/due ppl or Belgium already having secured 1st spot when they come here) have us for 2nd spot and tryharding for 1st.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

wings should be fetfa and gianniota imo because they're true wingers. karelis cf. mantalos and fortounis free roaming AM

karelis doesn't seem to know how to utilize the wings properly. he gets closed out very easily. centre box is where he dominates. look at all his goals. they're all inside the box centre for the most part.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 2

I'd like to see Mitroglou and Karelis starting upfront together with Fortounis behind them as a number 10. 

Karnezis

Torosidis  Manolas Sokratis Stafylidis

Samaris

Mantalos                                    Gianniotas

Fortounis

Mitroglou     Karelis

By having 2 strikers it's easy for our midfielders to have more options. Also we got Fortounis doing most of the midfield work with Samaris supporting him. Plus we got wingers in support aswell, this is a very attacking style of football.

Edited by Dean97

Mean Dean, in a 4 4 2 formation you have picked the team dead on, the best the Pirates have. Gianniotas can't do anything more to get into this side, it's up to the German to have trust in him.

In a 4 5 1, Karelis sits out. Like the idea of trying on a Kaltsas.

22 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I'd like to see Mitroglou and Karelis starting upfront together with Fortounis behind them as a number 10. 

Karnezis

Torosidis  Manolas Sokratis Stafylidis

Samaris

Mantalos                                    Gianniotas

Fortounis

Mitroglou     Karelis

By having 2 strikers it's easy for our midfielders to have more options. Also we got Fortounis doing most of the midfield work with Samaris supporting him. Plus we got wingers in support aswell, this is a very attacking style of football.

You cant win the midield with one player. Playing with 5 attackers for a team with a defensive mentality is impossible. skip the 2nd striker and put a Tachtsidis/K. Papss on the midfield. Also Id prefer to see Gianniotas on his prefered side and Mantalos who is not a winger on the weaker side, since he is literally just filling a winger spot.

Personally, for the Bosnia away and Belgium Home match, matches we have chances of taking a draw Id field something like this:
Karnezis

Toro Manolas Sokratis Stafylidis

Samaris Tachtsidis Maniatis

Mantalos -Fortounis

Mitroglou

No wingers.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

1 hour ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

You cant win the midield with one player. Playing with 5 attackers for a team with a defensive mentality is impossible. skip the 2nd striker and put a Tachtsidis/K. Papss on the midfield. Also Id prefer to see Gianniotas on his prefered side and Mantalos who is not a winger on the weaker side, since he is literally just filling a winger spot.

I agree. But that formation I put up could be a formation we could use if we need a goal. Gianniotas can play LW. If we want to play with players in support when we are on the counter it's good to have 2 strikers waiting up there to receive and make runs.

I agree with the above posts about Karelis - if you play him, he's gotta be in the center, either as a CF or SS. He clearly works well with Mitroglou there, as well. There are other options who fit more naturally as wingers, and we should use them.

Like to see this vs Belarus in a 4 4 2

Kapino

Staf          Manolas    Kpaps (c)      Bakakis      

Kaltsas       Tachtsidis        Kone

Ninis               

Bakasetas      Karelis  

Subs:

Vellios  Fetfa  Bouchalakis Vellidis  Kitsiou

Edited by ausgreek

Guys the Bosnia game is so vital to our chance of qualifying I Think Skibbe needs to play the line he expects to use for the Bosnia game with maybe one or two tweaks. Let these guys play together as much as possible and work out any issues..

• Like it 2

Good call J-man, although, the Skibbe won't play most of  the top tier of the team for more than half a game, given the fact they play Hertzegovina 3-4 days later in a short turn around. These players should be seriously considered for the next squad anyway.

Also, they can expand the talent pool abit wider. This has to happen eventually, Feb friendlies are more ideal but this is an opportune time.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic