Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

8 hours ago, HellasLEAF said:

K. Paps was solid on the right for what it's worth.  I don't see much wrong with that move in that moment I take him on the pitch any day when needing to defend vs Holebas and an attacking player is not what was needed at the time.  

People may not like Holebas omission from the start but after our early lead and injuries I very much agree he was not the right player to come in.  

It wasnt, he was forgotten up front at least twice in the dying minutes when he should just stick back and wait for the ref to blow in the end.

Even at that perfect cross from the Estonian Right Back that found noone, he was missing. Had there been someone in the cross end to put it in , he would be charged with the goal.

I believe Stafylidis should go Right Back and Cholebas to get subbed as Left Back when the whole Toro thing happened. This way only one of our defenders will be a B material, not 3.
Stafylidis-Manolas-Kyriakos-Holebas.

instead of

Kyriakos-Manolas-Oikonomou-Stafylidis. By that I mean Kyriakos RB totally looked T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E.

It will be very interesting to see if Skibbe holds on to a four man defence against the stronger teams of Bosnia and Belgium, or if he changes to a 5-4-1. Greece has at the moment four splendid centerbacks that would all be starters in any other team of the group. Obviously Tzavellas can play as a left back while Kyriakos can play DM, but both are best at CB. Having a fit Kyriakos on the bench is a luxury. I think this is the safest way to secure 3 points against Bosnia:

Karnezis

Manolas Kyriakos Sokratis

Torosidis                            Tzavellas

Maniatis     Samaris

Mantalos                            Fortounis

Mitroglou

Otherwise i wouldn't mind seeing this lineup either:

Karnezis

Kyriakos   Sokratis

Torosidis                            Tzavellas

Maniatis     Samaris

Mantalos       Fortounis     Gianniotas

Mitroglou

There wouldn't be anyone disagree given that Tottenham/Liverpool had Tzavella and Moras as CB, Vyntra with Cholevas fullbacks and a midfield in a triangle, of Maniati,  Tzioli and Katsouranis even today.

• Like it 1

The players that I would have in my team and start every time are Sokratis, Samaris, Kyriakos and Fortounis. Mitroglou and Manolas too but they both can be lost and be liabilities but they would definitely be in the 11. So far Mantalos is doing really well but is the RW position limiting his full potential?

Also the left flank is a problem. Stafylidis and Bakasetas should be given more chances. 

My big problem is as much as I appreciate Maniatis work off the ball I can't stand it when he has the ball at his feet. There is no ambition it's just pass and stop and he hasn't got the vision either. I think we should find a replacement for him. We need a player who has his work rate, speed, defensive work and will to run all day. But also need a player who has the vision and creativity of a Fortounis and Tachtsidis. If I was coach this would be my objective.

Someone like Karagounis would be a good example. Siopis and Kourbelis I don't know much about them. Maybe we put Stafylidis as a replacement. Even though I like to see Samaris and Tachtsidis start together I thinks it better for the team that one of them start and another one next to either Samaris and Tachtsidis to do the dog work but aswell have the technical ability and creativity. 

Does anyone have suggestions? Petsos could be the answer or maybe Mantalos. I'd still have Maniatis and Tzavellas as squad players and that's it. Even Tziolis but he would be my very last option. I thinks it good to have these 3 players in the team because it gives the younger players more of a drive to improve and progress and by having the 3 older players in team it gives the team some experience and balance.

The experienced guys to look up to for youngsters now must be Toro, Sok, Samari, Oresti, club Mykonos, even Manolas. That type of person is Not Tziolara.

A new Wiki leaks article came out that Tzioli used to do the dog work as a midfielder, then Kats got in his ear and told him to work smarter, not harder. And there you have it, the finished product today.

We need experienced role models, mine on here are the likes of La Mendel, Skanka, Aktriti, Ellas,Nick-d-Greek and G Lazo the DJ!

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

I know there have been a few mixed reviews upon K Pap`s performance vs Estonia, but keep in mind that there were a lot of absentees, especially after the injuries and he was playing out of position. The NT is just on another level when he is on the field. He is fierce, confident and hungry, and that rubs off. I am so happy to see him healtly and playing. Skibbe knows him well and will be relying on him a lot. If fit, he will be one of the most important players of the generation for the NT. 

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 2

15 hours ago, NikotheGreek said:

I wish Bakesetas could play Striker for our qualifying campaign 

he's super fun to watch when he's on his game. i think he'll find his groove eventually. if he can like things up for aek he can do it with the nt as well

watch him play for aek so u can get a better example of him at his best. he only played like 2 games for the NT I think he can become very important for us this campaign.

I like him so maybe i'm just making excuses for him, but a lot of players don't have his attacking iq on the NT so they misread his passes and don't get into proper positioning eg) Maniatis lol

1 hour ago, georgelaz said:

watch him play for aek so u can get a better example of him at his best. he only played like 2 games for the NT I think he can become very important for us this campaign.

I like him so maybe i'm just making excuses for him, but a lot of players don't have his attacking iq on the NT so they misread his passes and don't get into proper positioning eg) Maniatis lol

You're probably right, in all fairness I haven't seen a lot of him at all, and maybe it's the guys around him but so far my honest opinion of what I have seen of him is he hasn't looked good, but either of a lot of others. 

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic