Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

Your post says to me greekfreezer your an epl fan. Never been able to communicate with plastic fans.

What is so admirable about their youth set up? The worlds rop players have always come from either poverty or heavy compeition.

The coaching staff across the board in belgium are all 3rd rate coaches so i still dont get your point.

But i will agree the belgium league has managed to bring over hundreds of black guys and sell 3-4 a year to the highest bidder.

The Belgium league is way ahead of the Greek League I agree, their youth set ups are some of the best in the world and they do produce some quality players. The Greek teams struggle against Belgian teams when we meet them in Europe. Losing to Brugge as example isn't a bad thing or something to be ashamed about but on the other hand losing to Qabala isn't the best thing either. Yes Qabala went on a decent run in Europe but a team like that PAO should be putting them away, especially when playing them at home.

They have structures in place in order to succeed or go forward as clubs and as a league, what structures do the Greek teams in place in their academies? What long term goals do the Greek teams have? This is why Belgian Football is way ahead of Greece and always has been. Their teams may not make CL finals but they will always make decent money on selling players and good luck to them as what they have in place works for them.

Your post says to me greekfreezer your an epl fan. Never been able to communicate with plastic fans.

What is so admirable about their youth set up? The worlds rop players have always come from either poverty or heavy compeition.

The coaching staff across the board in belgium are all 3rd rate coaches so i still dont get your point.

But i will agree the belgium league has managed to bring over hundreds of black guys and sell 3-4 a year to the highest bidder.

You do understand the more you talk,  the more you sound like an ignorant racist right?

• Like it 1

My take on the Belgian league is that they do have a good system in place, but they have become too much of a feeder league to progress any further. The best players stay for a year or two and off they go to Germany, England or Italy. Players are sold and most of the money goes into the owners pockets and the club stays mediocre for decades. I don't want the best Greek players to be playing on Barcelona and real. I hate those teams and I hate how big a gap there is between the top 10-15 clubs and the rest. Uefa and Fifa are just as corrupt as EPO.

If the belgium league is light years away from the greek league

Why does not one of their stadiun sit 50,000 spectators?

Which club in belgium has iver 25,000 season ticket holders?

Why do they only have 5 european spots?

Their league value is only 100m on paper higher than ours and this cna be disputed as greek superleague does not have a god image, which affect clubs transfer outside of greece. Somewhere their league is much better than ours at selling players to their neighbouring countires something we have only really managed to often with turskish league clubs.

I still dont see how they are light years ahead of the greek league.

Only 5 European spots because the league has fewer teams. 100 million more actually proves our point even further. How a league with fewer teams can pull off having a hundred million more in value than ours shows the difference in quality. The stadiums in Belgium are smaller because the population in Belgium is not that high to begin with. Im sorry mate, but Belgian league is better.

There league has 16 teams same as greek superleague, their popularion is 11m

Wtf are you saying bud?

Not necessarily skill, talent or level of play. But just about every other metric they are ahead. Professionalism, organisation, facilities, development...it's the difference in culture or society in Greek there is a word called "Pedeia". Belgium on the whole is simply more modern and Greece is a bit of a "baxalo" in a lot of ways.

Nick, those are symptoms and signs that Greek football is a bordello but doesn't indicate Belgium is better in quality etc.

Although I think Belgium is overall better organised and more consistent over their top league, the quality is very similar.

By that I mean the top clubs in Greece can compete against their clubs and the players can move across both leagues without any difficulty.

In saying that though, I would love the goal for Greece's SuperLeague to be more like the Jupiler league in terms of organisation, ideals and goals. This comes from the governing body though and at present with the clowns in charge at EPO and the personal vendettas between these oligarch club owners and the media there will never be progress.

• Like it 1

Poawwhhhh i have know heard it all.

Belgium has better peadia tha greece.

Seriouslt wtf is wrong with some of you.

So much disrespect and covered up embarrassment about greece, greeks.and being greek.

Have any of you lived in belgium its a F***en s%$#! hole.

Didn't Anderlecht knock out Oly last season in Europe?

Belgian teams have always had the edge on Greek teams.

Overall their league is run better, they produce better players, they have better infrastructures and facilities than what Greece do, this alone just makes them better than the Greek League.

last season in Europa League Anderlecht eliminated Oly..

however lets remember that first leg finished 0-1 and second leg 1-0.

so after 180 mins..the teams were even..

The Belgian league is better..because Belgian society is better...

however  to those who say miles better is an over statement..

miles better would mean their teams 5-9 would be better than our teams 1-4....that's not the case..

Also Asteras and Atromitos would wipe the floor with their teams 10-16...

a comparison of teams 8-18 from Bundesliga, EPL, La Liga v Asteras and Atromitos would be very different..

although I know that Asteras recently eliminated Mainz

and not too long ago...

Aris defeated Socidedad, Atl. Madrid...Panionios v Socheux and AEL v Blackburn...etc etc..

If the belgium league is light years away from the greek league

Why does not one of their stadiun sit 50,000 spectators?

Which club in belgium has iver 25,000 season ticket holders?

Why do they only have 5 european spots?

Their league value is only 100m on paper higher than ours and this cna be disputed as greek superleague does not have a god image, which affect clubs transfer outside of greece. Somewhere their league is much better than ours at selling players to their neighbouring countires something we have only really managed to often with turskish league clubs.

I agree with most of this..

however I don't recall seeing a huge amount of Greek talent going to Turkey..

Not really the forum to debate what classification or 'world' the country of Greece is (First World obviously), but poor is relative and developing doesn't apply to countries that comprise the OECD of which Belgium and Greece are members.

Red Sheriff has used facts and non-bias to prove a point that many are either denying based on feelings and perceptions and definitely not reality. The leagues of Greece and Belgium are not that far apart from a technical level. End of story.

Are we seriously having this conversation (on the football sense)....

You guys are on a different planet if you don't think the Belgium league is MILES ahead of the Greek league in regards to achievements, player development, organization, respect on the Euro market

It's no coincidence that over the past 15-20 years the level of work they put into their youth development is now paying itself in MASSIVE rewards....  When is the last time Greece produced a Kompany, Courtois, Lukaku, Hazard?

The answer is never.....  

Aside from building on the success from 2004, they further destroyed the infrastructure of Greek football....

On the club level, they CONSTANTLY outperfrom Greek clubs....   Off the top of my head, the two wins Olympiakos has against Anderlecht are the only wins against Belgian sides that I think of...

On the flip side...

Olympiakos lost against Anderlect and got knocked out last year...

Panathinaikos has never beat a Belgian side to progress in a knockout side

AEK I believe got spanked by Anderlect a few years ago and was knocked out of a playoff match by some random Belgian side 5-6 years ago...

Additionally, Belgian sides CONSISTENTLY make a solid run in Europe every 2-3 years... Two years ago, Brugge made it to the semi-finals of Europa.... 5-6 years ago Standard made it to Quarters.... Anderlecht made it quarters in Europa last year...  

Greek sides consider it a MASSIVE SUCCESS if they make it to the round of 16 of CL.... PAO being the "most successful" Greek side in Euro compeittion has to search 10+ years to find a time they made it to quarters/semis in ANY competition.....

Bottom line, Belgians have built an infrastructure and they are seeing their brand of football pay dividends.. in player development, club recognition and overall success as a nation

• Like it 2

Mate waiters in greece have a paid off house & holiday house an your stuck in the us paying your mortgage.

German tourists in greece have a greek salad for dinner as they dont have.

The west plays with your mind, its funny how the east has more money.

But thats another topic.

Too many brainwashed ppl in here that actually believe the news and dont understand the reality of life.

Compare appls with apples.

The english premier league is light years away from the greek league.

Belgium is a country full of poverty with muslims everywhere, dont let the EU jobs and buildings filled with foreigners full you.

Go eat some fried chips and travel na mathies kati

I dont believe in the greek church and not a fan.

Being a hellene does not mean your xrusoi avgi. Go support hilary clinton then tell me you support your serbian brothers ade

Edited by PAOKSYD

Hows the deptession rates in canada?

Hows the weather?

Hows your family unit?

Hows you food?

Hows your life expetancy?

Your life is so good their that you dont travel abroad for holidays and you dont have a complex with america.

I meet alot of canadians last year who moved to sydney cause they couldnt pay their rent in canada.

Not saying canada is a bad country, but isd rather kneck myself than live their, and yes i have been to canada F***en boring dot.com

Sorry if my posts are too forward and honest for some of you. But one thing that lacks amongst most of you is something called tbe truth and reality. I get it i grew up in around the same culture as you. We are taught that we are the lucky ones our s%$#! doesnt smell and the europeans are all weird. It basically cause you have nothing so you want to show rhat you have it all.

Belgium league is lightyears away from the greek league and so is their gastronomy far superior

Edited by PAOKSYD