Phantis Forums

Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ (Now Playing for Lamia)

Euro2004

• 1 month later...

Still its unprofessional to risk staying out 2-3 months just for a single phase of one single and maybe even meaningless game. When team is already winning 2-0 etc.

His manager and coach need to guide him if that is really the case. Otherwise its genetics. Sterling and Sturrige are all similar cases. Wanted from the team and the fans but injured nonstop.

Well messi has been on steroids (Growth Hormone) most of his life, he is made of rubber. Exceptionally strong and fast due to the chemicals being injected into him. Ronaldo is an exceptional physical specimen - no doubt. Iniesta, Xavi etc do not go head first into challenges the way K. Paps does. K. Paps is wild on the pitch, he throws himself like an animal. Vidic is a similar case, very strong, but wild and injured non-stop.

K. Paps jumps exceptionally high for headers, that is why he scores so many. When you get that much air and dont land on your feet, you dislocate shoulders and twist ligaments. 

Muscular discomfort probably won't keep him out long. I think he is adjusting his game. Much like Rooney, who would literally run into sliding tackles had to learn to adjust his game. Kpaps has to take the long-term approach, which will be difficult for him because part of what makes him a great player is his aggression. He has to channel it to safer technique. Dude plays like an American Football player, there's a reason why they retire so early + a lot of them have F***ed up ligaments / head trauma etc.

• 1 month later...

after his start in leverkusens last europa league match , he injured his left knee. not sure how long he will be out.

leverkusen has alot of injuries and arent doing good since then , they also miss their nr 1 and 2 cb's tah and toprak. not sure if one of they plays today. papadopoulos has (in german) "Kapselverletzung im linken Knie" , translates to "Capsule injury in his left knee" in english.

Reports are Achilles tendon. His season is over. What a shame.

No disrespect to Leverkusen, as they are a big European club, but if KPap was not so injury-prone, he would have been playing for a one of the very elites.

Edited by Argy

What a shame. This is becoming very annoying. He is a type of player that would save you the game. I believe he played better than Manolas all campaign. He is definitely needed in the Ethniki. Is there any news on Sokratis?

Yeah he came on against Hungary & Turkey and completely shut down both offenses in the respective 0-0 games.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

in a friendly yesterday he hitted the bar but after 12 minutes or so the match was abandoned due to thunder. a friendly before that he played the first half against porto and made an error that led to the 1-0 for port. match ended in 1-1.

rumour has it that stoke city is preparing a bid for kyriakos.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/stoke-city-transfer-gossip-mark-hughes-preparing-12m-bid-for-kyriakos-papadopoulos/story-29569590-detail/story.html

https://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fussballtransfers.com%2Fbundesliga%2F14-millionen-stoke-versucht-sein-gluck-bei-bayer-verteidiger_67638&edit-text=&act=url

this season will be the same as last season as his chances go's. he will be battling with tah to be the second centerback of leverkusen. toprak will be first.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A. He is still playing at a top level (aka a Bundesliga club).
B. He ll be a starter obviously,whenever fit.

C. They are not a low budget club. They in fact have a many years program to be able to hit a Bundesliga title. However, I do not know how much time that means and if he is considered as an attributor to that target. They won the Bundesliga 2. Easily, they will probably try to go for a top 10 maybe even hit a Europa Spot.

D. If it's the same coach he had in Schalker, he/we should consider this an honour. Someone insiting on u playing by his side.

2 hours ago, Greekfreak said:

I don't mean to knock Leverkusen; their plan is a sound one, and they've had some success.  However, Rangnick was Schalke's coach during their incredible quarter-final CL run, and he worked wonders at Hoffenheim.  He also believes very strongly in Kpaps, and I expect him to figure in quite prominently in the first team.  But Leverkusen will not compete with BVB or Bayern this season.

But he aint playing at Leverkusen bro. I dont understand what u talking about.

20 hours ago, 1789 said:

I don't think he's finished. Ronaldo (R9) came back from much more serious knee issues back in the early 2000s. He played at Real Madrid for 5-6 years after those problems.

True enough, he did come back from his injury which was a terrible one, and he continued to play at a top club in a top league for many years.  But I don't think he was ever quite the same player.  It's subjective and it's just my opinion, but when he was in the Serie A before his first major injury, he was downright scary.  I mean, you could see the fear in the faces of the opposition defenders as they were resorting to just kicking him and often even that didn't work.  Ah, I miss the Serie A of those days.

Back on topic, good luck to KP.  I hope he can overcome his injuries and become an integral part of the NT.  Lord knows we need him.

• Argy changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ Free agent
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kyriakos Papadopoulos ‒ (Now Playing for Lamia)
  • Dutch Eagle pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic