Phantis Forums

Euro 2016 France

haydar

Thought England looked good, really should have walked out with 3 points against Russia who hardly threatened (actually looked a lot like the Greek sides under Santos). 

Also caught some of the Croatia-Turkey game; deserved win for the Croats with Turkey having plenty of questions on defense (again) and surprisingly not creating all that much offensively.

Czechs looked impotent until ex-PAOK player hit a hard shot at De Gea in the last minute.

Unlikely that Czechs beat Spain but they might hold for a 0-0 draw.

Spain had 74% possession but rarely got behind the Czech defence.

Czechs easily outclassed Turkey in the qualifiers too.

I'm curious to see how Belgium go later against Italy. If they blow the Italians away then this won't be a good sign for our qualifiers.

Btw, I hope Skibbe has his full attention on this tournament and is learning lessons that he can apply to the Ethniki.

Stuff is going to get real very, very soon. Getting a 0-0 against Turkey in hindsight isn't so impressive after watching how pathetic they were yesterday.

I think an established nation will win it (France, Germany, Italy or Spain).

Im writing off Belgium although they will probably get out of the group. Of the so-called dark horses, Croatia did impress albeit against a poor Turkey but Portugal might go far if Ronaldo is up for it.

Austria is overrated. Hungary is playing above their abilities to even have gotten in to the tournament.

Edited by Akritis_1944

Gotta say I was extremely impressed with Albania today. They counter attacked well, and crowded the ball carrier. Seems like they were very worn down towards the end, and the French were able to finally put 2 past them. But all in all, whether we like them or not, it was a gutsy performance and I have to give them credit.

True. Perhaps Zeus was looking down from Olympus and blessing them.

Edited by Akritis_1944
  • Like it 2

^^^wales finished second and got the automatic spot they more than deserve to be there!...as for England same hype job as ever!! go to a euro's.. talk about winning it.. and most likely as always bomb out eventually!...can't begrudge wales just because of bale his playing the media game clever knows how to get at england!... the welsh passionate fans and warm hearted people would love them to get out of the group!..i think a shock could be on the cards today! :)

Edited by Green Man

As much as I love the premier league and love Liverpool, I can't help but loving to hate England at majour tourneys. So arrogant and confident every time just to be crushed year after year. I'd love Wales to cause an upset and leave the English on the brink of elimination. 

Edited by paokarag4
  • Like it 3