Phantis Forums

Iraklis v. PANATHINAIKOS

athinaios

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allright! Cleyton is in the 18-man squad. Payback to Vgenopoulos for helping Nioblias get the job? I can't help being cynical. Nioblias saw Cleyton a year ago and in a couple of practice sessions and determined he would fit well.

Actually, I do think Cleyton is a serviceable as Christodoulopoulos and Roukavina, and it might be an addition that helps in some games when Leto can't play.

Out of the squad the injured Salpi, Sariegi, Leto and Darlas, Mahlelis.

I expect

----------------------Tzorvas--------------------

Seitaridis-------Vintra----Bjarsmyr-----Spyro

-------Katsouranis--Gilberto--Karagounis-----

Ninis--------------------------------Roukavina

------------------------Cisse--------------------

Clayton?!? You've got to be kidding me. We fired HTC mid season 1 point off the top, so we could get two guys with practically no experience coaching and bring back Clayton in the squad??? How exactly was this a smart decision? Its retarded. Despite the issues htis year i at least was starting to perceive some improvement in the leauge, now it looks like we could be nose diving right back into the old shitty era of experimental coaching with Bakke, Skazny, etc.

And seriously, why Vazexa???? Why the hell not Fylakouris as an assistant? I love Vazexa but hes not a manager. Fylakouris IS.

The guy was crap. True, Lazaros and Rukavina arent much better but WTF.......We don't need Clayton. We've got NINIS, whose FINALLY breaking in (and simply better than Clayton), LETO, KATSOURANIS, KARAGKOUNIS, and Rukav/Lazaros as backups for those wings and also Simao as a DM.....and all of those players are better than Clayton who lets be honest last year we saw hes likely destined to only thrive at midtable clubs.

I was really hoping for an end to loser players the club. This better not be the return of the losers.

We need 3 points from Iraklis. If were going to start the loser players (IF) and not win, then we'd do ourselves a favour and spare ourselves the inevitable decline and disaster.

I just have a terrible feeling about this, bringing Clayton back seems like taking a step back into mediocrity.

We're on the verge of another 10 years of Olympiakos dominance :tdown: Ten Cate was the man to lead us into a new era, but poor management and the stupidity of the fans have shattered any hopes of that.

100 % agreed ... :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

wow, guys, such pessimism!

The new coach wants to send the message: show me what you can do! It's smart to include Clayton (maybe he's more ready than the others locked up in TKate's basement), but I doubt he'll use him unless it's absolutely necessary. As a new coach he has to send this message. It's a motivating tactic.

Seriously, I just don't see how we can play worse now.

Since we managed (got lucky in the 94') a tie in Kavala, we've been playing rather badly. No? Do you think that TKate would have made the team play very well against Iraklis? Com'on?

I think the team will respond nicely tomorrow.

PS>Oly will not put another 10year streak again. This is the end for them! ;)

Man, if Nioblias/Warzycha put an end to Olympiakos' streak it would be great.

About the game, I think PAO fans are now nervous. We don't know what to expect. I hope the new coaches have the magic touch and get the team to fly. I am anxious about it too. If we lose points it would be a steep uphill to climb. We need to win one way or another to keep the pressure on Olympiakos until our next round game in our home.

Of course, the best thing would be to win emphaically so the new coaches and the fans gain a little confidence.

Let me tell you what will happen cyber..

By the end of February when the points gap betwen Olympiacos and PAO is 4-5 points in the Reds favour, the fans will start complaining about the change of coaches.. The board will say they are standing by their "own boys" and expect the same from the fans.

By the end of March when Olympiacos guarantees yet another title, board members will start talking behind the doors how silly it was to sack HTC right in the middle of the season but they will still say they are backing the coaches.

By the beginning of May, when PAO guarantees yet another CL Qualification berth, the "PAO boys" will be fired in all of a sudden and Pateras and co. will say they weren't ripe enough for the job or something...

By the beginning of June, right before the World Cup starts, the board will appoint some Norwegian or Swedish loser who they will sack in five months!!!

Welcome to the vicious circle of PAO managers, man!! :blink:

GS1905, possible but not quite how i see it going.

You're right about everything except the fact that they'll never admit they made a mistake with HTC. Some board members are already complaining that PAO need a big name manager. So Nioblias will be easy scape-goat.

Needless to say once Olympiakos win the league then the PAO board has to bring in a big name. So they'll bring in a manager with a big that is hugely overrated, probably Latin. Someone like Hector Cuper.

Cue another vicious cycle of failings

GS1905, possible but not quite how i see it going.

You're right about everything except the fact that they'll never admit they made a mistake with HTC. Some board members are already complaining that PAO need a big name manager. So Nioblias will be easy scape-goat.

Needless to say once Olympiakos win the league then the PAO board has to bring in a big name. So they'll bring in a manager with a big that is hugely overrated, probably Latin. Someone like Hector Cuper.

Cue another vicious cycle of failings

Latin coaches are garabge and overrated, Cuper no doubt. Sadly I agree and I can see this happening.

Lets just hope for now that Nioplias is our dream coach... :ph34r:

We're on the verge of another 10 years of Olympiakos dominance  :tdown:  Ten Cate was the man to lead us into a new era, but poor management and the stupidity of the fans have shattered any hopes of that.

We'll win this game though.

hell no.

First off OSFP isnt that great, 2nd off, HTC had chances of winning us a championship, but even if he did, the guy had to go at the end of the season. Just because he was fired wrongly at the wrong time, doesnt mean he's a great coach or worthy of taking us into a new era.

The defense was neglected in the course of 3 transfer periods, and he's made plenty of bad decisions, stupid player incidents and conflicts etc. The European season was a disgrace this year, way below what we're capable of too.

He wasnt all bad, but a saviour??? Absolutley not. He did well to get us into the top of the league and keep us in this range for the first half of the season, and he was a good choice to leave him and see him finish it off.

But savior from 10 years of OSFP tites????? New era's? Absolutley not. Remember our title bid was basically "over" as early as November last year.

25 minutes in with no chances either way. Iraklis has an easier time reaching and getting the ball into our penalty area while we have barely gotten close to theirs.

I just watched a very risky Bjarsmyr pass to Tzorvas and a Tzorvas boo boo that would have him booed if his name was Galinovic.

The defense is new but Katsouranis does play higher than Gilberto. Same old problems. All Iraklis is doing is sending the ball to their forwards who are always first to the ball and our defenders keep backpeddling.

Let's hope we pick it up in midfield. Roukavina looks spirited and so do Gilberto and Ninis so far.

yeah, now the reporters will begin complaining why we don't play from the wings. For a year and a half they complained why we played from the wings with crosses. As you noted, the famous inspiration that Nioblias was supposed to infuse instantly doesn't' seem to be there. I hope we score soon. At least we have balanced the game in midfield now. 8 min to h-t.

Archived