Phantis Forums

Iraklis v. PANATHINAIKOS

athinaios

Great block by Tzorvas! The ethniki volley could really use him.

Its no secret the guy is not a good keeper in the off the line instances. Shot blocking and reflexes is where the guy is very strong. Where were your comments when he made great saves today Euro2004?

None the less that was awful play by him. We can't have that.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tzorvas redeemed himself with a couple difficult saves. It's not only his judgement of tall balls, his technique is horrible. He is great at deflecting the ball but he can't smother it whether high or low. Sometimes fans think he is great because he manages a spectacular deflection where better keepers would just smother the ball without flinching.

Phew. FT. What can we say. Let's put this one behind us and forrget that we could have lost just as well. Thanks to Iraklis for not scoring despite our defense giving them every chance.

We did come through in the end and that's all that matters. The new coaches deserved to start on the right foot and let's hope they get to settle down and guide the team to the title.

OK, you're not saying anything new that we hadn't said before this game.

PAO controlled the ball 70-30%. Cisse and Xristo didn't do well. Salpi and Leto's return will help. Ruka is OK. I'd like to see Petro getting some chances now.

Im here...... I was from my bed.. feeling a lil under the weather.. I dont know If i have the energy to argue tday Euro.. :)

All Isaid is he is a yougn goalie with tons of potential.. Nikopolidis was twice as bad at 27..

Sifakis has been horrible the last 6 games for Aris and if u look at stats, im sure cyber can help, look how many shots Tzorvas has saved in the past 9 games.... compared to say Sifakis or Niko...

Ease up.... We are playin without three starters and u guys are psychotic.. How come when oly plays without Diogo, Toro and Derby (hahaah) its considered a feat when they win...

Screw this.. im going back to bed.

yes, I guess that's the point. Nothing has changed. We need to work hard to overcome the defensive deficiencies in personnel.

Three points is good and in this long season we need to tallying them up one way or another. Maybe now that the bitching about Ten Cate won't be there the team will be calmer. But I did see signs of stress and panic out there, especially on defense.

BTW, I thought Christodoulopoulos did well after he missed the header from two meters and he should had scored when he decided to round the keeper who clearly fouled him.

Congratulations to Nioplias, Warzycha and the team for a very good game today; the best they've played this season so far (Iraklis were not easy). With the exception of a few defensive mistakes, everyone played real well and it was great to see communication on the field once again; I'm looking forward to the return of talented guys like Cleyton, Manzios and Tziolis. BRAVO :tup:

Congratulations to Nioplias, Warzycha and the team for a very good game today; the best they've played this season so far (Iraklis were not easy). With the exception of a few defensive mistakes, everyone played real well and it was great to see communication on the field once again; I'm looking forward to the return of talented guys like Cleyton, Manzios and Tziolis. BRAVO :tup:

:blink:

@Nikosvazelas, i hope you feel better soon pal.

iraklis fans are starting to cause a ruckus :tdown: when will it end.....

this is not an atack on u pao123...but seriously after the atromitos game last week all i hear on this forum is winge bloody winge the fans did this/that winge winge winge ... SO WHAT!!!!

if u dont want to see any of "these idiots" GO support THE EPL or the championship....seriously no one is forcing anyone here to watch the Greek league or support Greek teams, we all know its corrupt, lesser quality players and satdiums etc

one thing Greeks will never understand untill they see what stadiums here in "PC" countries are like with absolutly NO passion or atmosphere.....if anyone here has been to a rugby match or even an A-league match they may understand what im saying, s%$#! i was with a orthodox priest at a football game here and HE was almost arrested for being too roudy....he kept asking me why are the fans still sitting down the game is on...thats a priest....

I was moved support PAO when I was 12, in athens for the first time living in omonia sq when PAO won Eurobasket...all the joy as fans stormed into the streets celebrating...this is why we watch for the atmosphere that greek fanatics be it ultras or "hooligans" provide. I mean PAO GATE 13 is the best in the CL hands DOWN, last week osfp didnt even let off one flare, NOT ONE. THIS IS THE GREEK WAY, we shouldnt be trying to be like the spanish or the brits we are fine the way we are!!!!

trust me it doesnt harm the game, i mean who the bloody hell takes a girl on a date to watch a football game??? NOW im not saying women dont have the right to be there, just a big part of it (for me and most of the numerous football "hooligan" books i have read) is the male comradary and vessel for male agression....seriously many people probably live longer because they vent all their stress at games...

anyway this is likely to piss a few off but u all no my stance on these "situations"

good to see we won this match ninis deserved the goal, last seaon we would have 0-0 and -4

I say, bring back the glorious days of the Roman Collisium! :tup: Gladiators, xtians v. lions, etc. For added excitement, don't limit the action... allow the spectators to participate!

:ph34r:

PS. I hope those who are bent on mayhem also have deep pockets to sustain this sport.

i agree about the passion..but a 10 yr old kid throwing chairs at ppl (which i saw after the game) is not passion for the game..its stupidity and a disgrace...the yelling, the cheering, singing, flairs ktl ktl i dont care about..thats pathos...the violence, people beating the hell out of each other, people going to the hospital and people dieing is not passion, its barbaric...this is football, there needs to be fire, from the players and fans but violence and passion are two seperate things...keep the passion, get rid of the violence then everyone can enjoy the matches..there needs to be a line drawn..i just spent 4 months in barcelona and had the pleasure of going to 4 matches at the nou camp...the atmosphere and the fans were incredible...i literally stood there with my jaw dropped to the floor...the fans loved the team and had passion for the game..what i didnt see was violence so you cant tell me that they have to co-exist...its a beautiful game but it turns sour when ppl get hurt...

all im saying is there can be OUR/THE GREEK passion for the game but we can cut the violence..the best pao matches ive seen live and on tv (as far as atmosphere is concerned) there has been no such violence..

Archived