Phantis Forums

Everton - A.E.K.

george21

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Larissa gave them a good game last season, let's hope AEK can match Everton in every department. It will be important to cope with 2 things. Everton's high tempo and attempts to play a tough game will have to be matched. AEK's midfield have to be up for a real war. The other important issue to cope with is Everton's hgh balls, whether from crosses into the box or set pieces (watch out for 6"5 Felliani... about 6"7 if you count the afro!).

These are the 2 issues Greek teams always struggle with in England. AEK will have to be well organised and ready for a physical battle. Do that and you can hurt them. Bare in mind Nemeth's a Liverpool boy, he'd love to bang one in against Everton.

Everton have some real injury problems for this game too. Jagielka (their star defender), Phil Neville (their leader), Hibbert (their right back), Arteta (their play maker), Anichebe (sub striker) and Heitinga (who is cup tied) won't play.

I know AEK also have their problems with the new teams trying to gel, many of the players not registered to compete in the Europa league, etc. But this is a great opportunity for AEK. AEK must do their utmost for a positive result!

Everton have many players out.... This is AEKs chance... and it was 2 seasons ago with everton Euro.... And Larissa played well but that Larissa team was probably one of the better organized teams in greece in a while. If that team had the calibre of players that PAO or AEK have, they could of done damage in europe.

The player to watch is Everton's Australian attacking midfielder Tim Cahill. He has a knack of scoring goals. Stop him and AEK can win. By the way, I am not sure if Heitinga is cup-tied. Just because he played for Atletico Madrid in the Champions League qualifying round does not rule him out of Europa Cup games, I think. Go AEK!!

If theres any time for a greek club to beat the anglaizos its know everton is down and out for the moment key players not playin match there speed and pace and we will be just fine and put in check there set pieces and from what im reading there will be like 1200 aek fans there min stamatas na tragoudas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON AEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Il be happy if we can just compete shot for shot play for play kai ta lipa.............

Dont want to see aek hang back and poss. to be 75% 25% for everton just go for it

I also beleive at the end everton will come out on top even with there troubles

First 15 min are crucial nerves pace and flow anr the toffe fans so close to the ground

Archived