Phantis Forums

Summer 2009 transfers

cyberfish

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man He was fantastic at Dep.. I remember it was close for him to go to Villareal but Newcastle outbid for him. And not to mention he has 45 caps with the Argentinian NT

As for watchin clips of poor plays...

I can Find you at least 500 that make Kyrgiakos look like an amatuer and at least 500 that make Romero look like th egreatest player in the world

Mellberg looked like a douche sat, but then again so did all of oly in Tottenham.

Maybe team play has something to do with it.

He was never fantastic. He was ok and having 45 caps for Argentina as a defender doesn't mean much. They are hardly the best example of defensive solidity.

I've shown you numerous examples as to why he's crap from merely 1 game against s%$#! opposition. This performance is a regular occurence. Last year football pundtis would dedicate alot of time during highlights to express why Newcastle had troubles. If you think I'm talking "m*****es" and the pundtis are clueless go and find a Newcastle forum and ask them.

I can Find you at least 500 that make Kyrgiakos look like an amatuer and at least 500 that make Romero look like th egreatest player in the world

I haven't looked for a "highlight reel", I've shown you the highlights from just one match! This occured on a regular basis throughout last season. He's not good enough for PAO and saying he'd be the best defender in the league is laughable.

I've been thinking. We need PEK, to buy out the rest of this club, and turn it into a non-profit. This way, we can clear up morons like Vardinogiannis, forever, and keep all money in the club and its expenses. I'm not sure if that is already PEK's intent, or PEK is looking for personal investments...anyways...not relevant....

BTW COloccini would definitley NOT be the best defender in the league. Best at PAO, is quite possible. But honestly there are a lot of players that would be the best at PAO, in EPL but also the Greek Superleague (to be honest).

I've been thinking. We need PEK, to buy out the rest of this club, and turn it into a non-profit. This way, we can clear up morons like Vardinogiannis, forever, and keep all money in the club and its expenses. I'm not sure if that is already PEK's intent, or PEK is looking for personal investments...anyways...not relevant....

BTW COloccini would definitley NOT be the best defender in the league. Best at PAO, is quite possible. But honestly there are a lot of players that would be the best at PAO, in EPL but also the Greek Superleague (to be honest).

I'm glad that someone here sees the light regarding Coloccini, but allow me to add: yes there are alot of EPL defenders that would be the best at PAO, Coloccini is not an EPL defender though. Not one Prem team has shown an interest in him because they don't want to share the same fate as Newcastle. Coloccini isn't even better than Vintra and Sarriegui.

The other defender we've been linked with is Daniel Diaz (the Argentine defender that plays for Getafe), he was excellent against Russia tonight. I haven't seen enough of him to make a fully informed judgement, but I've seen enough to know he's better than Coloccini. Another defender I'd love to have would be Senderos from Arsenal. He wasn't too successful at Arsenal and didn't impress at Milan, but apparently Wenger doesn't want him and Senderos can't find a club. He'd be great for us.

I seriously doubt hes not as good as Sariegui....

Sariegui was exactly how you described, but in Spain (was considered AWFUL at Athletic Bilbao), and is a mediocre yet hardworking player who I think we should keep but we can't have him on that guaranteed 11 role. I just doubt Coloccini isnt even that good, though its for sure he's not much of a star anymore....

Oh, and how many times do we have this arguement about a player that "was", and they all come to PAO and do what exactly? Oh, thats right. They blow 99.9% of the time.

Senderos would be a good fit at PAO. Not quite for Arsenal or Milan, but we could do with him instead of a midtable EPL team for him to fade into.

Im sorry but have we signed seitaridis yet???? i mean hes basically begging to be on the team from what people have told me.....

enough of the argentine trash if we are going to sign a s%$#! player can we at least sign a greek

No.

Why? For the same reasons we did not sign Kyrgiakos.

Idiot management, who hates what works on our team.

Remember who we signed instead of Kyrgiakos? Nobody. We needed for the last two years a starting CB, and we signed nobody. Honestly. I thought we were over the dumbshit era with the end of Vardinogiannis. I really thought s%$#! like BUILDING A BALANCED SQUAD would not be so difficult.

I mean hell, its not like they even disagree with it. They chased defenders, they failed, and then they......GAVE UP, last summer.

Remember what happened after Pellerano fell through? Well, we went on and signed a bunch of players that werent CB's, and decided not to go for more CB's.

Does that make sense to anybody? You spend time and resources chasing a player to fulfill your CB requirement for the season, and after it fails, you abort getting any CB at all? (Melissis was supposed to come in the winter, but they paid extra and got him in the summer) was that supposed to be it? Oh they chased Givet...and gave up on him too. Then, winter they screwed around and signed David and loaned Jakub from Poland. WTF are they smoking?

So many good defenders available right now and definitely PAO-realistic, Senderos, Seitaridis, Goian (of course he just signed because were too godamn stupid to pick up the telephone) Jonathan Mensa Lyon wants to loan out and more.

Of course, in a market full of ideal signings, we wasted 2 weeks to finalize a Kante signing.

There really is not any excuse for such pitiful transfer making. (though the people who love to lap up anything Derby and Pateras say, will buy any excuse at all)

To be fair, not all fault is on managment, thought they certainly deserve a swift kick in the ass. Henk Ten Cate was the one who came out and said Kante was an excellent player. :blink:

I've rarely seen such pitiful individual defending as I have with Sparta Prague. Honestly who cares what he can do after that. He's got loser in him, and we all saw it.

As for Coloccini, I seriously doubt he's worse than Kante. Coloccini at least has caps and experience. I just think he's a very overrated player, who we'll pay a lot more than what he's actually worth, and that we've got better players/signings in Greece just not at PAO. For sure he's better than our CB's, but thats not really an accomplishment.

Even Cirillo, Majstorovic, Kyrgiakos, Papadopoulos, and more would be the best CB's on our team if they were here now, and plenty of others.

mmm thats very upsetting, i really thought that yorka and his ludacris shoes would do great for us........

I have this sick feeling that PAO will fluke the season, i feel that with this ridiculous back line the greek teams will actually think they can win instead of playing 11 back....maybe te PAO management has some crazy theory that the shitter we are the more lily we are to win....lets be honest we loose the title to panseriakos and aigaleo not aek paok of osfp...right??

bloody genius' are the PAO management :(

According to this http://www.ethnos.gr/ethnosport/article.as...2&pubid=3843458 we have signed Marinos for January (when his contract is up). He is a talented RFB who plays for Atromitos and the U-21 Greek NT.

And according to this http://www.sportdog.gr/new/article.aspx?id=104332 we are close to signing a CB with several names floating in the article.

I would welcome Marinos. He's supposed to be a good greek talent. Those are types we need in the future.

However, that will not solve any current issues, and if we can't hope these guys develop when theres no solid current defense around to train with. It would be a waste.

every investment we make is a total waste until we have a capable defensive line, mark my words. Even Djibril Cisse. If we can't defend, if our back cant start up the distribution for offense, then Cisse will see a lot less effectivess (not necc. his fault), making him a waste. Put in a stable defense, well defend better, well enjoy more possesion, and will ultimatley bring out much better in Cisse and all our players, making them worthwhile.

Football depends on the whole team. In order to ensure you make good investments on and get the most out of an offense, you have to have the defense (one thats at least respectable I mean come on)

Euro, you are in denial :LOL:

Pateras said explicitly last week well go for more signings if the manager asks.

We have the budget. We've had the budget for 2 years now. HTC does not manage the transfer budget or go after the signings. Board tries to find him according to what he's requested.

Sure, Kante is a loser, or may not be "THAT BAD". Keep in mind he's not going to be our CB very likley seeing how unbeleivable (like literally it was difficult to beleive) awful he could play in the back.

He was NEVER supposed to be our defender. NEVER. He was signed as Jakub Warziniak's replacement, and the transfer pended until Jakub was dropped. Keep in mind we didn't have the CB we needed then either.

Bjarsmyr moved into Gkoumas' spot.

Nilsson's spot was not filled at all.

The starting CB spot (which should be in place of Melissis and shift the rotation priority down the line accordingly), has not happened in 2 years.

Morris was replaced by Melissis when he left, and the player was totally unsuitable to play at all, so it hardly counted as a replacement in the team.

We're still short defenders --- absolutley. Don't beleive me, beleive the 8 goals Sparta and Atletico put past us. About 7 goals this season due to simply atrocious and laughable defensive screw ups that PAO never until this Ten Cate era was accustomed to seeing so incredibly frequent,.

Prasini says we are getting our defender in January......

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Does anybody remember hearing that last year????? I do. Then I heard it again, and here it is again.

by January they mean late Februrary, in which by late February they say its ok - well do it June. In the meantime defensive issues prevent PAO from acheiving their goals, and we have now for the 3rd transfer period in a row pushed the signing to "next period".

they have had over 7 months of eligbile transfer time since the takeover, and had countless names and availablities pop up, and all NOTHING. (Remember last year Kyrgiakos we somehow let go to AEK, Meira went at a total bargain to GS, Avraam was lost, probably more we cant remember.

January it was just a lot of talk and nothing done whatsoever except they found some Polish guy at the last minute on loan, with the whole Greece scratching their head as to why. Also we did buy a CB, we ended up buying David, an incredibly random inexperienced Brazilian who took up a foreign spot and now probably doesnt train and works as a bartender or something. :LOL:

Summer there were so many players available, all it takes is a serious pursuit. Blew them all, from Mellberg, to Goian, to Durica, to whoever and plenty more available on the market and prime for PAO. But, we did nothing but replace Jakub and Gkoumas with sub-par, and still not get the real talented #1 CB we needed to have.

Let see how that continues in January.

Aytoi oi an8ropoi einai apla anikanoi.

Archived