Phantis Forums

Summer 2009 transfers

cyberfish

As a wigan supporter in the epl I have been watching chimbonda from wigan days til tottenham. He is not only a world class defender, he is a skillful one at that. I rated him as the best fullback inepl even when he left my team wigan. If pao gets this player it is too good to be true.

Mark my words!

:blink: He's the sort of player that will give you a 6-7 out of 10 performance every week. Reliable but nothing special. He's probably the best right back we've been linked with so far but he's no where near as good as Seitaridis was when he was at his best. He'd be a very good signing but not a BAM and certainly no where near world class. Either way, I'd be delighted to sign him. We need a right back whatever happens. I find the rumour hard to believe considering that Spurs recently bought him for

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some transfer stories I read:

Darlas wants to keep his 300k wages: http://www.gsp.ro/english/football/liga-1/...ome-146053.html

Julio Baptista's agent sees Panathinaikos as a third world club :angry: http://www.tribalfootball.com/baptista-age...oma-stay-258878

Julio Cruz's future still unclear :LOL: http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/07/2...y-unclear-agent

Habib Beye is a PAO target: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/natio...ual_160238.html

Manucho heads to Valladolid: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/a...JhW6CDmILrkCDWA

Panathinaikos linked with Parker: http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162...5421963,00.html

Ha ha, at least they are from July! I don't remember reading about Parker in the Greek media so I thought it was worth a post.

I read that Seitaridis was at the hotel where Panathinaikos revealed the new kit and he said he just happened to be there for another reason :LOL: :LOL: It looks like he is dying to come back but he won't get the contract he wants. I think he is worth around 5-6 k and I think he wants double that. I feel he would be a good back up in case Moon chokes though. Despite what most fans believe, I think he is pretty good defensively because of his experience, but I don't rate him at all as an offensive help. He is slow, with sloppy technique and terrible crossing.

If the rumors of his slack training habits are true he won't have much future with Ten Cate though.

Ha ha, sorry Cisse my brain doesn't work well in the summer.

Here is a fresh Van Bronkhrost (how do you spell that?) http://www.gazzetta.gr/content/view/41588/2/ in case we were running out of names.

And Erasport said Cruz is now linked with Olympiakos :LOL:

BTW, since I've been keeping track, it's easy to lose count of all the names that fall like the rain:

GK

Marton Fulop [0]

Sebastian Saja [0]

Maarten Stekelenburg (video) [0]

Mariano Andujar [0]

CB

Mattias Bjarsmyr - Confirmed

Pascal_Chimbonda [0]

Gabriel Paletta [0]

Ilan Araujo Dall'Igna [0]

Daniel Van Buyten [0]

Carlos Marchena [0]

Fabricio Coloccini [0]

Olof Mellberg [0]

Christoph Metzelder [0]

William Gallas [0]

Anastasios Papazoglou [0]

Ariel_Aguero [0]

Danilo Gerlo [0]

Gustavo Cabral [0]

David Navarro [0]

Diego Lugano [0]

Sebastien Puygrenier [0]

Emilson Sanchez Cribari [0]

Dorin Goian [0]

Manuel Arboleda [0]

CB/LB

Gabriel Heinze (stats) [0]

Centric Kante - Confirmed

LB

Dimitrios Anakoglou [0]

Dusko Tosic [0]

LB/LM

Giovanni van Bronckhorst

RB

Habib Beye [1]

Stergios Marinos [2]

Zdenek Grygera [0]

Jonathan Zebina [0]

Mouhamadou Dabo [0]

Matias Concha [0]

Fredrik Stoor [0]

Paulo Ferrari [0]

Giannis Maniatis [0]

Marcos Angeleri [0]

Branislav Ivanovic (video) [0]

Giourkas Seitaridis [4]

DM

Grigorios Makos singed with AEK

Kostas Katsouranis - Confirmed

M

Ignacio Piatti [0]

Fabian Rinaudo [0]

LM

Orlando Engelaar (video) Signed with PSV

Simone Padoin [0]

AM

Kim Kallstrom [0]

Eidur Gudjohnsen (stats) [0]

Juliano Spadacio [0]

Giovani Dos Santos [0]

Niko Kranjcar (video video) [0]

AM/RM

Milos Krasic (video) [0]

AM/LM

Diego Buonanotte [0]

Cicero Santos [0]

Nicolas_Gaitan [0]

Anderson Luiz de Carvalho (Nene) [0]

LW

Nene (Anderson Luiz de Carvalho) [0]

Sebastian Leto - Confirmed

Royston Drenthe (stats) (video) [0]

Leonel Vangioni (video) [0]

Matias Abelairas (video) [0]

RW

Vasilios Koutsianikoulis singed with PAOK

Fabian Estoyanoff [0]

Striker/AM/Winger

Ludovic Obraniak (stats) [0]

Diego Biseswar (stats) [0]

Rodrigo Palacio (video video) [0]

Milan Jovanovic (video) [0]

Aleksandr Kerzhakov [0]

Ioannis Amanatidis [0]

Leonardo Santiago (video video) [0]

CF

Amr Zaki [0]

Jose Paolo Guerrero [0]

Louis Saha (stats) [0]

Bobo [0]

Aritz Aduriz (video) [0]

Hugo Almeida (video) [0]

Ruud van Nistelrooy (stats) (video) [0]

Grafite (stats) (video) [0]

Ricardo Oliveira (Stats) (video) [0]

Afonso Alves (video) [0]

Edin Dzeko (video) [0]

Julio Baptista (video) [0]

Julio Ricardo Cruz (video) [0]

Boako Balaban [0]

Frederico Chaves Guedes (Fred) (video) [0]

Lucas Barrios [0]

Andriy Voronin (video) [0]

Raul Tamudo [0]

Lucio Filomeno [0]

Sebastian Balsas (video) [0]

Radamel Falcao (video) [0]

David Trezeguet (video) [0]

Luciano Leguizamon (video) [0]

Pablo Mouche (video) [0]

Jose Sand (video) [0]

Mauro Boselli (video) [0]

Raul Tamudo (video) [0]

John Carew (video) [0]

Mounir El Hamdaoui (video) [0]

Rafal Boguski [0]

Jaime Alfonso Ruiz (video) [0]

Dieumerci Mbokani (video) [0]

Pavel Pogrebnyak (video) [0]

Vincenzo Iaquinta (video) [0]

Sergio Floccari (video) [0]

Roman Pavlyuchenko [0]

Djibril_Cisse (video video) - Confirmed

Claudio Pizarro (video) [0]

Robert Lewandowski (video) [0]

Nilmar (video) [0]

Andre Martins [0]

wat in the F would we do with Van Bronckhorst it cant be true. We've got like 20 CMs by now. We didnt even need Katsouranis and we bought him. Even Gilberto was not an essential signing last year. Damn. Enough already.

He can also play at left back and left midfield and reports have suggested that HTC has been less than impressed with Spyropoulos in pre-season. Nonetheless the fact remains that GVB simply isn't good enough for PAO. He's a Xanthi level player now

i wouldnt mind bringin in charles itandje (backup GK from liverpool)..the guy looks pretty sick..also please sign Mendy or Chimbonda like right now..there both quality

Itandje isn't as good as Galinovic in my opinion and I like Tzorvas as a back up, there's simply no need for him. We need a right back asap though

I must say:

I am a big Cisse fan so far. Something about the guy, he seems so dangerous, finally I think we have who we're looking for in a striker (for real this time).

He's seriously very quick, he seems fit, and he works pretty hard. Sure, hes not a great PK taker. Whatever - he had some great chances, tested the keeper, ran down the defenders and won a 100% penatly at the end not given.

I also cant say how nice it is, to have a player fast enough to break through and actually get tet-a-tets...its been a while. He'll finish them too, I'm not worried if he didnt make 1-2 tough ones last 2 games. I'm enthusiastic about this signing. I was worried earlier maybe he was another bad one to wash up, but thats not what I'm seeing at all so far. This guy seems for real, and thats what I see, not what I want to see.

Any other thoughts on the guy?

drako i totally agree with you....

there was always a question mark with him, but he seems committed and passionate for the pao jersey...

Cisse is a machine, hes hungry, and just wants to score goals! Once he gets his first competitive goal, he will be unstoppable.

He seems to care, whether its caring about his individual game or team i dont know, you can see on the park he wants to win.

Every team is gonna man mark him and it will eventual backfire, cause it gives salpi the freedom to nip in and pick up the scraps, which lets face it is salpi's style.

Previously it was salpi being shut down by 2 guys, and for a small guy its hard to break loose, cisse however is stronger he can handle it, and doesnt dwell on the ball like mantzios (not a critcisim of mantzio, its just his style).

Cisse is direct, he just turns and heads for the goal line, rather than dancing around the edge of the box.

It was finally good to see a player, who gets the ball and doesnt require 30 touches, turns and flicks, but just cracks that unexpected shot towards goal. The last person to just shoot on demand was warzycha (again not comparing cisse with warzycha).

there my thoughts on cisse...ask me again later in the season..hope my impression doesnt change....

thats what i was thinking too, its not that we can compare him to Krystof, but I dont seem to remember a player at PAO so dangerous daring, quick and talented... He's definitley one of the most exciting players on the team, and not only because he cost a ton of money or has a name, like we've seen in recent past.

Its a shame we cannot seem to keep Mantzios on the team as a 3rd striker...The gap in quality b/w Cisse/Salpi and the other strikers is much too high.

I second both the above posts about Cisse, and I would only add that he also seems to look for his teammates. I noticed in the first two games how he always looks for Salpi. The way we played against Sparta, with Leto on the left, and Cisse/Salpi swapping positions gives our offense a lot of flexibility and will give defenses fits.

There were times where Cisse was pulled wide-right to give him space to operate. While the move by Ten Cate was criticized, note how many times he found himself free to take a shot at goal in the first half.

Most of the time he played as a CF with Salpi lurking around or wide-right (second goal), and a few times he was pulled deep as an SS. This was the case in the third goal where he flicked the header to Salpi who had sneaked in as the CF.

Defenses will have to game-plan for Cisse, and most teams will double-team him, leaving Salpi and the trailing midfielders room to work in the box.

I am happy with the pick up.

And since this is the transfer topic, I still think we need one class CB. Is Bjarsmyr good enough? We don't know yet. Fans have been asking for him to play (and I am sure we'll hear a lot of this murmur in the days to come), but so did they last season with Melissis.

I will say that I haven't been impressed with Kante at all. I am not sure why we don't try Simao at CB again. Ten Cate abandoned the thought after the Inter game early last season.

todays headline say on order to get a stopper we must sell Mantzios & Tziolis.

Dont know what kind of garbage this is. they are telling us that the team knows they have a weakness & this is the only way to address it? then the 2 names they plug in are more dead weight. Coloccini & paoks Contreras.

Its embarassing that they waited till August to go after defenders.

Oh Sure, they got Kante and Bjarsmyr.

1 is a youth player (valuable signing)

The other is a nobody with bleak prospects of making an impact.

So, we'd be going into the year with the same back 4 essentially.

I hope we sign somebody that isnt Coloccini, and Bjarsmyr earns the other CB spot, so we can have a professional and a potential professional as CBs, with Moon/Spyropoulos on the wings, not perfect but better at least. I dont care to see Vyntra and Sariegui playing 90mins every game of the season. Not that they shouldnt be on the team altogether, but they are not quality enough to be our top choices consistently every match of the season

I promise you, Collocini is worse than Cante. He's a terrible defender. He's weak, slow, has poor positioning, is a liability aerially and he's lazy. He's one of the main reasons that Newcastle got relegated last year. He'll be the worst signing of the season in the Greek league.

Oh come on guys

Newcastle was HORRIBLE last year and it sure as hell wasnt because of Colocinni.

He has had some bad games but if anyone saw Melberg on sunday vs Tottenham, its easy to look bad on a horrible team in the premier league.

He would be a definite upgrade to almost any CB in THE ENTIRE LEAGUE

Kopste tis m*****es

Oh come on guys

Newcastle was HORRIBLE last year and it sure as hell wasnt because of Colocinni.

He has had some bad games but if anyone saw Melberg on sunday vs Tottenham, its easy to look bad on a horrible team in the premier league.

He would be a definite upgrade to almost any CB in THE ENTIRE LEAGUE

Kopste tis m*****es

amen

Guys trust me, he's a laughing stock in the UK. When I say he's rubbish I don't mean he's overrated, he's literally horrible! To suggest he'd be an upgrade to any defender in the league is ridiculous! I guarantee you that he's crap. Sarriegui is better than him. Go to Youtube and watch highlights of some Newcastle games last year and you'll see how many goals he was at fault for.

In fact, forget last year, check out this video of the highlights between WBA vs Newcastle. Almost every chance WBA created came because of Collocini's poor defending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvJMZUCN7NI

On 0:14 of this video Martis misses a sitter. Collocini was marking him during this set piece. Look how far from Martis the Argentine is when the West Brom player shoots... Approx 8 yards!! How can you be 8 yards off the player you're marking?

On 0:50 West Brom score. Who scores? Martis the man the man that Collocini was supposedly marking. This time Collocini is merely 6 yards away from Martis and he's just standing there watching him. On 1:05 you'll see the replay which shows more clearly how easily Collocini lost his marker. You'll see it again on 1:12.

On 1:20 WBA have a dangerous shot because Collocini is too far from his marker and then he can't react in time to shut him down.

On 1:50 WBA have another effort on goal from a set piece, this time a corner. Collocini loses his marker in the simplest of fashion. The WBA player volleys the ball just over and he was unlucky not to score. Now look at the replay on 1:58 to see how ridiculously poor Collocini's marking is.

This is clear evidence of his terrible ability, not merely "m*****es" as you say. Not forgetting that he was so exposed against the "mighty" West Brom! Imagine what will happen to him against decent opposition. This was a regular occurence in every single game Newcastle played last year. He is a terrible defender, probably the worst I have ever seen at the top level. Mark my words, this man will be torn apart in Europe as well as cost us the league.

Man He was fantastic at Dep.. I remember it was close for him to go to Villareal but Newcastle outbid for him. And not to mention he has 45 caps with the Argentinian NT

As for watchin clips of poor plays...

I can Find you at least 500 that make Kyrgiakos look like an amatuer and at least 500 that make Romero look like th egreatest player in the world

Mellberg looked like a douche sat, but then again so did all of oly in Tottenham.

Maybe team play has something to do with it.

Archived