Phantis Forums

Summer 2009 transfers

cyberfish

I have mixed feelings with Cisse. I like him as a CF when he scores but I can see how fans can turn on him if he goes through a dry spell, mainly because he doesn't seem to offer much else on the pitch. His attitude with his teammates irritates me though and I don't like seeing him throw his hands in the air and how he points where they should have put the ball for him. But I have watched a few interviews on television and he seems like a really nice and likeable guy who sounds intelligent and always says the right thing to whoever he speaks to.

For me, I like having him on the team. I kind of enjoy his extra little flare on and off the field and as long as he racks up the goals and helps us to win titles I don't have anything to complain about. If he can steamroll over Avraam and Mellberg on his way to a couple of goals in two weeks I will like him even more (I bet this would warm up Euro's feelings as well :) .

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liek I said, its ok if u dont like him... but If he woukld of said.. Nah.. I dont want t go back to england to play in the best football league in the world... What kind of person is that...

He's been in Greece for 3-4 months. If he didn't want to be here then he shouldn't have signed!!!! In other words, he came because he had no other options and the contract was appealing? He can F*** off then! He doesn't care about the club or its history and he's s%$#! anyway! He's a Sunderland reject. If we'd signed Kenwyne Jones or Darren Bent (who are both alot better than Cisse) from Sunderland would they be receiving such adoration? Darren Bent already has more goals than Cisse got last year in the Prem for the same team!

Cisse and Leto and Kats are what make this squad a better squad... Sure aint salpi....

:o Along with Ninis and Katsouranis, Salpi has been our most consistent player this season. Salpi has sweated blood for this club, this year and in previous seasons. Cisse is nowhere near as valuable as Salpi.

When a TV personality like Georgos Georgiou calls a black player ' O aarapakos" as funny as it is.. is still a term filled with racismm..

No, that's an issue of being uninformed, not racist. In the UK they used to call blacks "coloureds". As everything became more politically correct people stopped but every now and again you still hear an old man say something like "hello, i spoke to a coloured lady at the reception yesterday and she told me to bring my prescription here", for instance. They don't mean it in a negative way, they're just uninformed. Racism exists everywhere but it certainly isn't a big problem at our sporting events. But Cisse has told the world that he's suffered unparalleled racial prejudice. Just because there were 10 retards, and saying "If i knew Greece was like this I'd have never come". Nai re m#$%!, if you were at Barca and the whole stadium was abusing at Real Madrid would you have said that?

Cost has nothing to do with it... I dont care what a player costs... Derbyshire cost 5 million for the gavri and Diogo cost 10 for 70%

So compared to big money forwards... yes Cisse scores more.. :)

Diogo has 9 goals in the SL since last august 2008

Derby hasnt scored in 5 SL games.....

Diogo has been a flop though. Comparing someone to a flop doesn't prove anything. As for Derbyshire he hasn't played this season because of injury.

Money is NOT MY BUSINESS.....

It's the business of the club though. If we have 10m to spend and spend it on 1 player that doesn't perform as he should then it affects the rest of the squad because the money could have been better spent elsewhere.

I understand everything you are saying, and your point of view...

You are completely entitled toy our opinion. My point is simple...

Score goals and thats it...

7 in 9 games is a sick rate... Salpis most goals for us in one season is 14

I dont doubt Salpis hustle .. he gives it all.... He is just not the type of player I want playin on the right.. I wanta galetti type player there..

As for Bent... well He also has mor goals then Jones scored last season... That means nothing... The team has improved as a whole over there and dont forget , since its about money.. Bent is prob worth around 15m Euro not 8. He went t Sunderland for 10 m Pounds...

We had more then 8m to spend but we spent that much on Cisse. And he has performed.. 7 goals in 9 games by a cf is more then productive.

This whole business of rejects is retarded. Mellberg was a juventus reject and Kova as well.

Galetti was an Athletico reject and I can go on and on...

Its crap....

I respect that you dont liek the player. He isnt the classiest of forwards, doesnt posses the dribble or technical skills you may be dreamin of.. but he has 7 goals in 9 games.. in which even he has come out and said, he has been out of form..

Archived