Phantis Forums

Summer 2009 transfers

cyberfish

I think after Henrikssen gave his extremely positive opinion on Berskyr... Pao will sign him.... He has all the qualities of a class CB and i dont care abotu an own goal against the u-21 in England. the kid is 22 and already has 4 caps with Sweden NT

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ten cate seems to have made a decision on the number of players he wants and who exactly he wants. Lets just stick with that.

Whats the point of keeping ivanschitz,goumas, mantzios, cleyton etc, if hes gonna use them twice in the season. its not good for the player as an individual, its not good for their national team prospects eg ivan/mantzio...even cleyton wants to play for greece, and its not good considering the media will have a field day every week stating how disappointed they are for not playing, team squabbling etc.

if ten cate doesnt want them piss them off overseas, no use strengthening our opposition. The trimmer the squad, the better they gel, and the more consistent they get.

A large squad means a higher perecentage of mediocre players. And a smaller squad means in the event of an emergency a young kid can get a run.

I for one would be overjoyed if mantzios gets a run in italy...and proves to us all how good he is. If he remains hes just another greek player who could but didnt.

Lets not forget warzycha's scoring record matches the shitload of games he played, he wasnt rotated, he was always there. Even salpi's decent record is due to the fact that well if hes not upfront, he plays on the wing due to speed. Mantzios, is either on upfront or not on at all....

and on another note...a greek mate of mine teaching in durban, reckons moon has a decent case, as there are many factors helping him that have yet to be reported.

I disagree. You can't possibly build on the teams strengths by getting rid of crucial, key players. Ivan LOOKS like he's leaving because of a personal problem w/ TC: really dumb, since this isn't about making friends and being buddies. Mantzios leaving the team is not confirmed, but if he goes, this will be one of the stupidest moments in PAO recent memory. Why do you think Mantzios wouldn't get any playing time this coming season? Why can't he play up front w/ Cisse? Cleyton is a good player to have in the event Karagounis is injured or needs to be rested. A very silly move getting rid of him IF it happens. He's a good player, passes well, useful, keep him.

you almost has it right.Cleyton was & is useless at PAO. Sell him & get what you can for him. He only has the quality of a great player on a weak team. That does not work here, unless we still want to be mediocre.

Swstoooooos.. axaxaxaxa

Anyway it looks liek Bersmyr agreed with pao on every level and the only thing to be decided now is to see if Gothebourg accepts the offer for pao to have the player now.. ( I think its something liek 950k) or wait 6 months and lose him for nothing. His contract is up in december and can then move on a free transfer.

According to the swede, it looks like a deal might be reached before the end of the summer , in the next coming days that is, and he should be a pao player by next weekend.

Also anyone know what time the game is on NET today or if there are any links... I dotn have MyTV til august cuz I dont really need it right now... anyway... Let me know... Thx

Drakos, Euro2004 watched him for one game, against england in a game that finshed 4-3 on penalties. He scored an own goal which was a complete fluke. at halftime it was 3-0 england. How many players look good in a 3-0 game. Ask Euro to tell you how many time england got close to goal in the second half.. I can tell you.. Because i wtahced only the second half. :)

Biersmyr looked like the greatest defender in the world in the 2nd half because england were pushin only two men up and counter attacking the rest of the time. Let me tell you though.. Just watching him, I can tell you he is really Quick and has very good ball distribution skills.

I mean, If Henrikseen said he is a great CB and the swedes capped him over 30 times in u-21 and 5 times with the Swedish National Team, someone, somewhere must think he is good.

And no offence to Euro 2004 of course. But one game does not a player make.... :)

sure that is true, 1 game isnt much, but I'm still unsure.

As for what Henriksen says, I'm not sure I really care. Former greats does not equal current greats in non-playing staff. I can list endless examples... Was it not Rocha set us up with Souza last year, and was recommending some other losers?

I agree.. but if TEN CATE and HEnrikseen BOTH agree he is worthy, along with the abalo antoniou, ill take their word for it MUCH more than a Blogger or poster on Phantis.. Again No disrespect to Euro.

He must be doing something right in Goteborg.. the team is in first with 0 losses and 9 wins from 12 games. they also only allowed 6 goals

Drako, the Swede isnt a known name but he is young & talented. Dont be down on him. I'm sure you were down on the names like Henrikson when PAO signed him & he turned out to be a rock defensively. If your arguement is that you would prefer an established veteran type player instead of this kid or alongside with this kid, i would totally agree. I hope they get a better quality defender, or next season might be alot like the last.

Drakos, Euro2004 watched him for one game, against england in a game that finshed 4-3 on penalties. He scored an own goal which was a complete fluke. at halftime it was 3-0 england. How many players look good in a 3-0 game. Ask Euro to tell you how many time england got close to goal in the second half.. I can tell you.. Because i wtahced only the second half. :)

Actually I followed the whole U-21 tournament. Sweden were terrible in defending basic set pieces and Bjarsmyr is supposed to be the leader at the back. Despite being the captain and one of the most experienced players he wasn't organising his back four and he wasn't commanding in the air. And the own goal wasn't a fluke. Remember when Croatia beat England at home and Robinson tried to kick the ball away but missed it and it went in? Gary Neville's own goal was a freak because he played a simple back-pass. Whereas Byarsmyr panicked and clumsily sliced the ball into his own goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaaeaAA08mE

That's a link of all of the goals. The first is scored by Cranie because Richards beats Byarsmyr in the air, despite the fact that the Swede is in front of the England defender. In the 2nd goal Byarsmyr is not directly involved, but lpause the video on 1:56 and ook at his positioning when he's supposed to be marking Richards. He's allowed the England defender to get goal-side of him and he's not even trying to get back into position. In the end it didn't matter because Onouha turned, shot and scored. But if the ball was blocked and had broken to Richards, the Englishman would have been left with a tap-in because Byarsmyr didn't hold his position. The third goal was the own goal that has already been discussed.

Now it's difficult to judge someone from one tournament alone, but if that's a reflection of his ability then he isn't good enough for PAO.

Biersmyr looked like the greatest defender in the world in the 2nd half because england were pushin only two men up and counter attacking the rest of the time. Let me tell you though.. Just watching him, I can tell you he is really Quick and has very good ball distribution skills.

Now this is just me, but I'm not interested in a defender that plays well when he's not under pressure but can't handle it when he's being attacked. England were out-played in the 2nd half, Sarriegui would have been comfortable in that scenario too. I want a defender that will be solid in the CL and away at Oly, AEK, PAOK and Aris and I'm afraid that Byarsmyr doesn't inspire much confidence. If he's considered a talented young defender that will be used against weaker opposition, then fine, is he as good as the others we've been linked with? From what I've seen, no.

As for his performances in Sweden. IFK are by far the strongest team in the league, having won all 7 of their games at home and conceded only 1. However, in the games where they actually come under pressure, i.e. away from home, they have a negative record, winning 2 and losing 3 scoring merely 3 goals and conceding 7!

I agree about the type of CB you are talkin about.. I just believe that judging a player based solely on away stats in the swedish league and watching a game in the u-21 is not enough to judge a player...

and to say a player SUCKS when he has played for swedish national team and is the capt of the u-21.. I dotn get it..

Maybe you are right... Time will tell.. But Id liek to watch him in green.

Well, I have to agree with Euro.

Is seriously nobody else sick of the same crap? Because I feel like I've seen beersmeer 100 times at PAO with different faces. The scenario is the same - "prospect" that nobody else seems to want and PAO buys them to fill a position much bigger than theyre able to take on.

When it comes to our "top defender" signing, we need to be giong after REAL players. Not maybe-hes good-henriksen said so-and has junior team credentials nonsense.

Every time we jew out on signings for positions we really need, we lose. We really need CBs. We really NEED to replace Sariegui out there, and throw him out. I heard he was crap again today. Guys. Hes a MEDIOCRE player and a laughing stock at Bilbao even I heard. Just not good enough. We need a full time #1 CB. Not a young player, not a "maybe", the real thing.

Its idiotic. Who the hell cares about Leto and Katsouranis - these are players we never needed, but can help. We need to be signing for positionings that we NEED badly. How many defensive fiascoes is enough for PAO this last season?? To consider not signing last summer, not sign in the winter, and not sign again this summer? Kante? Not enough. Kante can replace Sariegui. We still need more and a total upshift in quality, if were going to seriously bid for title and europe.

and u21 team captain who cares honestly. It doesnt say that much to me there are more than enough u21 captains that go on to be average players.

and u21 team captain who cares honestly. It doesnt say that much to me there are more than enough u21 captains that go on to be average players.

great point....

do you remember who was the captain of Brazilian U-17 and U-21 team when they won the World Youth Titles in 1997 and 2001 in a team that included Ronaldinho, Edu of Betis, Denilson, Juan and Matuzalem ??

Ferrugem the poor Athenian defender... :LOL:

haha i cant believe were takin up a whole page just talkin about this nobody defender..anyway my input is i dont hate the guy but why be cheap about a major position on the field..were spending all this money and what have weak defence..theres so many cb's out there and were buying a 22 year old that just had an ugly own goal a week ago..and also sweedish national team means nothing to me since nilsson plays on it all the time

point is go out and get somebody prooven and from a good club.

Lets not over react with Antonsson either.. he had 3 caps for the swedish national team in 2006 and 18 for u-21

I believe you got to surround yourself with good young players and i believe in henrikseen... He knows a little something about defending.

enoungh talk about byasmire the bottom line is we need to get a solid cb that could start everygame with minimial dumb mistakes..need to spend atleast 2.5 mill on whoever it is or maybe even Kyriakos, he could be our guy and we all know aek really needs the $$$ :P

anyway just got done watchin the game against youngboys..won 2-1 but looked pretty bad.

lineup:

gk-Super Mario

rb-Pandito=very slow and weak, should never play a game for us

cb-Vyntra= a little sloppy as usual, liked the shaved head though, pulled an equi

cb-Sariegi=slow,bad

dm-Cedric Kante=looked quick and strong but out of position not to much skill

cm-Mattos=played solid as he used to do..a little slower than i thought he was though

LM-Karagounis=leader as usual..Scored a sharp pk

RM-Gabrielle=played very well..he should start many game on the right side this season

ST-Rukavina=won a pk, the skill is there he juss doesnt put it all together,dissapointing match for me

ST-Salpi=scored decent goal in the 10 min..kinda lucky imo..he played horrible the rest of the game..cant do any trippla cant pass..small..really am dissapointed were keeping him over Mantzios

Subs-Ninis who played up top?? did nothing really, Mensa rb from ghana who were loaning out, Robert Stambolzief came in at LM..looked real talented, kids got nice skills hope he stays on the roster and then petropoulos came on later and didnt do anything..

dont understand the 4-4-2 formation when hes made it clear were playing 4-5-1 and also we have 5 defensive midfielers why play Kante who could be our only good cb at defensive midfield..didnt make any sence..and finally thank god we got cisse and leto cause we looked weak offensively, ecspeacially up top also i cant get my mind off one thing my pops said during the game..why did we get rid of Ndoye and keep salpi/rukavina/petropoulos..somebody should take a bat to HTC's head for that move

you guys are acting like if we sign this kid he will start on our big club which is not going to happen. He will be loaned out for a year or 2 and if/when he is ready then will be brought in. It is us just acquiring young talent and he will not cost us that much. If he pans out great if not so what. You need to take chances on these young players to see if you find a diamond in the rough type player.

Diego Lugano move is back on the cards again according to the Turkish press. On a free, 2+1 yr contract, ?2.2M a season says Milliyet. Any truth? He'll be a pimmed grenade with the chance of being red carded every single match!

Ten cate seems to have made a decision on the number of players he wants and who exactly he wants. Lets just stick with that.

Whats the point of keeping ivanschitz,goumas, mantzios, cleyton etc, if hes gonna use them twice in the season. its not good for the player as an individual, its not good for their national team prospects eg ivan/mantzio...even cleyton wants to play for greece, and its not good considering the media will have a field day every week stating how disappointed they are for not playing, team squabbling etc.

if ten cate doesnt want them piss them off overseas, no use strengthening our opposition. The trimmer the squad, the better they gel, and the more consistent they get.

A large squad means a higher perecentage of mediocre players. And a smaller squad means in the event of an emergency a young kid can get a run.

I for one would be overjoyed if mantzios gets a run in italy...and proves to us all how good he is. If he remains hes just another greek player who could but didnt.

Lets not forget warzycha's scoring record matches the shitload of games he played, he wasnt rotated, he was always there. Even salpi's decent record is due to the fact that well if hes not upfront, he plays on the wing due to speed. Mantzios, is either on upfront or not on at all....

and on another note...a greek mate of mine teaching in durban, reckons moon has a decent case, as there are many factors helping him that have yet to be reported.

I disagree. You can't possibly build on the teams strengths by getting rid of crucial, key players. Ivan LOOKS like he's leaving because of a personal problem w/ TC: really dumb, since this isn't about making friends and being buddies. Mantzios leaving the team is not confirmed, but if he goes, this will be one of the stupidest moments in PAO recent memory. Why do you think Mantzios wouldn't get any playing time this coming season? Why can't he play up front w/ Cisse? Cleyton is a good player to have in the event Karagounis is injured or needs to be rested. A very silly move getting rid of him IF it happens. He's a good player, passes well, useful, keep him.
why do i think mantzio wont play?....why cant he play with cisse?..

simple....because our manager Henk Ten Cate, has decided not to call up a 26 yr old striker to preseason training camp, if that doesnt signal he is not wanted, what does?

i didnt say he wasnt good enough...but the coach doesnt want him for whatever reason....

we are forever stating that the manager never gets support or is able to stay long enough to build his own team make his own transfer decisions etc etc etc...well if players are not in his plans... then bye bye.

for the record..i like cleyton, mantzio, ivanschitz, but hey im not employed by pao to decide on player retention.

i am all for selling any players our current manager doesnt want...he is in charge. Or else lets just keeping sacking them till they find a manager who likes mantzio, ivan, cleyton, tziolis, ninis...blah blah blah

If it wasn't for Mantzios, early last season, HTC would of gotten fired. He was the only guy scoring at one point key goals no less. He should stay. We'll get rid of him for somesone worse.

As far as the Swede, he may have talent, but this team is being built to win now. He may be there with Pantito in the future. They are not ready for the derbies & CL. We have all gotten tired of the hyped up young prospect/project that didnt work out. I'll take them only if they're backup & eventually work themselves to be starters.

enoungh talk about byasmire the bottom line is we need to get a solid cb that could start everygame with minimial dumb mistakes..need to spend atleast 2.5 mill on whoever it is or maybe even Kyriakos, he could be our guy and we all know aek really needs the $$$  :P

anyway just got done watchin the game against youngboys..won 2-1 but looked pretty bad.

lineup:

gk-Super Mario

rb-Pandito=very slow and weak, should never play a game for us

cb-Vyntra= a little sloppy as usual, liked the shaved head though, pulled an equi

cb-Sariegi=slow,bad

dm-Cedric Kante=looked quick and strong but out of position not to much skill

cm-Mattos=played solid as he used to do..a little slower than i thought he was though

LM-Karagounis=leader as usual..Scored a sharp pk

RM-Gabrielle=played very well..he should start many game on the right side this season

ST-Rukavina=won a pk, the skill is there he juss doesnt put it all together,dissapointing match for me

ST-Salpi=scored decent goal in the 10 min..kinda lucky imo..he played horrible the rest of the game..cant do any trippla cant pass..small..really am dissapointed were keeping him over Mantzios

Subs-Ninis who played up top?? did nothing really, Mensa rb from ghana who were loaning out, Robert Stambolzief came in at LM..looked real talented, kids got nice skills hope he stays on the roster and then petropoulos came on later and didnt do anything..

dont understand the 4-4-2 formation when hes made it clear were playing 4-5-1 and also we have 5 defensive midfielers why play Kante who could be our only good cb at defensive midfield..didnt make any sence..and finally thank god we got cisse and leto cause we looked weak offensively, ecspeacially up top also i cant get my mind off one thing my pops said during the game..why did we get rid of Ndoye and keep salpi/rukavina/petropoulos..somebody should take a bat to HTC's head for that move

Well I have to agree.

Truth is HTC is not this genius we hold him out to be......I like him but he has his drawbacks for sure.

Not keeping Mantzios? The guy was clearly, clearly a better forward than some on our team already. Also, if we're going to be playing 1 lone striker - it cannot be Salpiggidis, and it MUST be Mantzios. Every year we see idiots playing Salpiggidis alone up top, and the team is playing to the wings and it never works.

HES TOO SHORT, idiots.

And N'Doye really should have stayed last year, becuase we did need him around.

As for Bersmyr if hes a youth signing then I want him. If hes a player suggested to seriously fill the massive gap in the CB, then its another wasted signign. We cant wait to see IF he develops for a CB.

I cant beleive HTC used Kante as a DM and not a CB, which is the position we'll be needing again, and most definitley NOT the position we need him in.

Here we go again. :tdown:

Exedra says PAO is going to sign an RB

Stergios Marinos

http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/spieler/304...tungsdaten.html

He is a young player 21-22yr old from Atromitos... Atromitos was the best team in B Ethniki by far and he was a starter. I think as a backup, why not, Atromitos was as good as most mid table Superleague sides anyways. But we should be getting Seitaridis.

Kojak I understand where you're coming from but you have to look at the reasons these people are getting rid of our players. For a long time now its because of greed, money, and ego; nothing to do with creating the best team you can. I agree you need to let the coach do his thing and make his decisions but when the decisions are selling some of the best players then we need to stand up to that.

Archived