Phantis Forums

Summer 2009 transfers

cyberfish

newest rumor Pascal Chimbonda rb from tottenham..i dont care what anybody says we need to make a serious offer for this guy..forget the prospects for a minute..hes quality and would love to see him in green..not to mention a frenchman that could give cisse someone to hang with and keep him in line..heres the article

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/...hotspurs-pascal

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a wigan supporter in the epl I have been watching chimbonda from wigan days til tottenham. He is not only a world class defender, he is a skillful one at that. I rated him as the best fullback inepl even when he left my team wigan. If pao gets this player it is too good to be true.

Mark my words!

i still got to watch the replay of the friendly tonight wanna see what went on..but i believe there goin back to greece..really hope they get to work on an offer for Chimbonda..anyway found this little article on Julio Cruz..sounds bitter and callin out Pao..its straight we went and signed Cisse, i didnt even want him bein our bam signing up top hehe

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/tran...ulio-cruz-agent

Cruz would not be a major signing or "bam"anyways.

He's 35. Nobody is a major signing at 35 for PAO except maybe players of the caliber of Zidane, Maldini, If Cruz say signed for a Panionios at 35 then I'd say its a mega-signing. For PAO? no.

Cruz was good, but its not like he's anything significant in European football history, or anywhere near his asking price of 10m for 2 years.....the guy hit 2 goals for Juve last year.....Come on...The guy was never a major signing, good player but never the "all around attack booster" we are looking for. Maybe PAO fans will admit it now that he didnt come, but if he came probably they would not.

I mean no offense but Cisse is already being treated as a god....people (including himself) seriously think hes going to hit at least 20 goals...... I mean come on.... players rarely venture up that high, this conception of 'weaker league + established player = high performance and goals" is total bullshit, how many big players come to Greece and despite good, were not superstars? Cisse is a great signing.....but hes no god.

Even Gilberto is a classic example. Good player - does he perform worth 3m a year at PAO ? Hell no he doesnt. If last year was an indicator of how he'll be playing at PAO hes replacable to be honest. Not so easy to waltz into Greece and be a star. It is actually a difficult league to play in afterall.

Cruz would not be a major signing or "bam"anyways.

He's 35. Nobody is a major signing at 35 for PAO except maybe players of the caliber of Zidane, Maldini, If Cruz say signed for a Panionios at 35 then I'd say its a mega-signing. For PAO? no.

Cruz was good, but its not like he's anything significant in European football history, or anywhere near his asking price of 10m for 2 years.....the guy hit 2 goals for Juve last year.....Come on...The guy was never a major signing, good player but never the "all around attack booster" we are looking for. Maybe PAO fans will admit it now that he didnt come, but if he came probably they would not.

I mean no offense but Cisse is already being treated as a god....people (including himself) seriously think hes going to hit at least 20 goals...... I mean come on.... players rarely venture up that high, this conception of 'weaker league + established player = high performance and goals" is total bullshit, how many big players come to Greece and despite good, were not superstars? Cisse is a great signing.....but hes no god.

Even Gilberto is a classic example. Good player - does he perform worth 3m a year at PAO ? Hell no he doesnt. If last year was an indicator of how he'll be playing at PAO hes replacable to be honest. Not so easy to waltz into Greece and be a star. It is actually a difficult league to play in afterall.

The problem with these sort of players are, they were at best role players at big clubs in Europe and when they come to Greece or Turkey, they're regarded as world's best signatures & semi-Gods as you said.

Kezman hit 30+ goals a season at PSV, then joined Chelsea and did barely nothing, then joined Atletico and scored 7 goals in a year and then signed for Fenerbahce, and everybody even himself expected to score at least 25-30 goals... What happened?? He scored a total of 19 goals in 2 seasons at Fenerbahce and was clearly one of the least successful players in their run to the CL Quarters in 2007-08.

The same goes for Gilberto in a different way. He was a supplementary piece at Arsenal, never expected to create plays or run his ass off. Suddenly, at 32, he signs for PAO and people hail him as the world's best DM who can do anything! No! All he did at Arsenal and Brazil is hold the midfield and pass the ball to the nearest teammate in the most gentle & least creative way... And in a lesser team like PAO, he looks like a mediocre midfielder who can't string two passes together...

Galatasaray signed Flavio Conceicao from Real Madrid in 2004-05 season. Everybody regarded him as a fantastic purchase and said he would be a great part of Galatasaray for at least 3-4 years! Guess what happened? Read my text about Gilberto and add a final sentence: The poor Cameronian Alioum Saidou looked like Patrick Vieira compared to him and he was sold to some stupid European club -I frankly don't remember who- , which had the same expectations as Galatasaray a season ago.

I'm obviously shocked now because a friend pinched me and said he signed for PAO after GS, I checked and found out he was right! How could Tzigger be so stupid to land him after his GS flop?? I do not remember him in PAO jersey.. He was probably so pathetic at Leoforos, as well!! Sorry for calling PAO stupid, I never thought he signed for PAO and PAO management could have acted so idiotically!

Beşiktaş signed Ailton from Schalke and had similar problems.

There is only one exception to all this: Daniel Guiza, who is the highest paid trunk in the world history..

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

that game was horrible yesterday..Kante looked so bad :tdown: ..anyway Pao announced the signing of 18 year old winger Robert Stambolziev today..he turned down an offer from Bristol City about a month ago hoping he would get an offer from Pao..young and raw but has tremendous skill..dont know if theyll loan him but he looks like a good young talent..i found one clip on him..kinda stupid but you could see him juggle a little bit

The same goes for Gilberto in a different way. He was a supplementary piece at Arsenal, never expected to create plays or run his ass off. Suddenly, at 32, he signs for PAO and people hail him as the world's best DM who can do anything! No! All he did at Arsenal and Brazil is hold the midfield and pass the ball to the nearest teammate in the most gentle & least creative way... And in a lesser team like PAO, he looks like a mediocre midfielder who can't string two passes together...

Galatasaray signed Flavio Conceicao from Real Madrid in 2004-05 season. Everybody regarded him as a fantastic purchase and said he would be a great part of Galatasaray for at least 3-4 years! Guess what happened? Read my text about Gilberto and add a final sentence: The poor Cameronian Alioum Saidou looked like Patrick Vieira compared to him and he was sold to some stupid European club -I frankly don't remember who- , which had the same expectations as Galatasaray a season ago.

I'm obviously shocked now because a friend pinched me and said he signed for PAO after GS, I checked and found out he was right! How could Tzigger be so stupid to land him after his GS flop?? I do not remember him in PAO jersey.. He was probably so pathetic at Leoforos, as well!! Sorry for calling PAO stupid, I never thought he signed for PAO and PAO management could have acted so idiotically!

Beşiktaş signed Ailton from Schalke and had similar problems.

There is only one exception to all this: Daniel Guiza, who is the highest paid trunk in the world history..

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i agree 100%. Its so true.

These players really are treated more than what they are worth.

I mean who have the greatest league players in Greek (or Turkish) history been before?

Big signings?

No.

Warzycha was not flooded in the airport when he came to PAO, Saveski was not huge signing for AEK, and Djordjevic was not at OSFP either.

Surely, players like Hagi and Sukur were not major multimillion signings upon their arrival at the club either. Maybe Jardel, but I dont remember...He was great though...

And its true. Gilberto signed for PAO and he became the worlds best CM. Thousands of fans, and the guy to be quite honest did not play spectacular at all. He was a an above average player at PAO - at best. Had Simao been wearing the Gilberto jersey we would have hailed the player as God himself....But Simao is a poor african youth, who can work his ass off, become a class much higher than anything in Greece, yet there are idiot PAO fans saying he doesnt compare to Gilberto, or not even worth starting in the 11 :LOL:

Yeah. I mean seriously - who needs performance on the pitch at PAO as a measurement of how good a player is - its overrated :LOL:

What seems to really matter is what he COULD do back then, not what he can do now :LOL:

Whats the deal has CB talk going away?

I dont know how this management is seriously taking time with finding a right back. Im sorry, Seitaridis is exactly what we want. he's even linked to AEK now....COME ON WAKE THE F*** UP.

Giourkas and Gkekas are looking for clubs, PAO is being an idiot.

Yes, I know we have "Mr. Glass" Cisse.....SO WHAT. I dont see why we can only have ONE good forward, when we can have TWO.

Drop Rukavina/Petropoulos, SIGN GKEKAS. We've been lacking him, he SCORED, hes great in the air on the ground familiar with the club and the country's top striker. Yet PAO and these idiots sit around and do nothing.

Snap Gkekas and Seitaridis, a CB and we have oursleves a Championship Team. Its this disgusting Hellenophobia that sweps the Nouveau Riche trash like Pateras, "it has to import to be good" crap mentality. Gkekas put up numbers and offloading him was the stupidest mistake of Vardinogianis. For some reason, having 2 good forwards on the team was too many, theres only room for one!

Gekas wont come back to greece. Last year he wasnt wanted at leverkusen and he went on loan to portsmouth. He can find a team. I doubt Pao would be his first option anyway. Im sure he is still bitter about the way he left.

I believe pao will sign one more big name. I dont know if its at RB or CB

RB with giourka would make sense. he is free. But they didnt sign Kyrgiakos last year, i dont know.

Id rather we spend 4 or 5 million and get a good cb and even if we get a young greek RB and have moon as well... rather then get a young CB and a good RB

Marchena and Marino for example.... would suit me better then GIOURKA and a inexperienced CB

If I was a player though, I wouldnt sign right away... no matter who I was... You take a little longer and wait til teams get desperate and ask for more money.

The way our team is right now, if I had 20 m. to spend this summer I would give up to 10 m for a CF, 3 for a CB, and I would split the other 7 between a CM and a wing man.

So of the 20 million....

9 went for Cisse

7 went for Leto and Kats

and we have 4 left for a RB and a CB

Right on cybs .. right on...

and that post was MONTHS ago

Guess pateras reads phantis

Gekas wont come back to greece. Last year he wasnt wanted at leverkusen and he went on loan to portsmouth.  He can find  a team. I doubt Pao would be his first option anyway. Im sure he is still bitter about the way he left.

I believe pao will sign one more big name. I dont know if its at RB or CB

RB with giourka would make sense. he is free. But they didnt sign Kyrgiakos last year, i dont know.

Id rather we spend 4 or 5 million and get a good cb and even if we get a young greek RB and have moon as well... rather then get a young CB and a good RB

Marchena and Marino for example.... would suit me better then GIOURKA and a inexperienced CB

If I was a player though, I wouldnt sign right away... no matter who I was... You take a little longer and wait til teams get desperate and ask for more money.

Doubt that. He'll come back because he fell out of favour for some reason.

Seitaridis is FREE. Their is no excuse, the fans love him, hes qualified, hes a great player, former player.....Just do it already.

Leto and Katsouranis for 7 million is a terrible deal. Anyways, these are not official figures, and the clubs does not have such a concrete budget. If they want to make the signing they can make it within a reasonable amount.

Katsouranis is arguably the best greek player in the present day.

Leto is a young LM with potential who was signed by liverpool. A DM and a LM for 7 m including their first year salary is a GREAT deal..

Liver got 3.3 + and leto this year will earn 1.1

Ben got 1.7 and AEK got 850 + 1m for Kats this season.

7m is great. As opposed to the 910k we spent for ROmero and free transfer of Biscan 3 years ago.. for the exact same two positions.

The team is improving VASTLY with the new managment...

I just hope we get a guy like Marchena...

Guys, don't look at the money. It seems that there's plenty for now. But, I have to agree that (in proportion) PAO is spending more wisely these days as compared to the past decade with all those tourists who came to the team.

I hear that Yourkas will never come to PAO because someone highup in ownership hates him. He'd be great for us, plus this way we weaken one of our opponents!

If the team makes the CL, there will be lots more $$$.

As for Gekas, I don't see where he'd fit in. Just to make it clear: I'd sign him back. I'd let go 1 of Petro, Ruka, Christo

Is Simao a gonner?

So of the 20 million....

9 went for Cisse

7 went for Leto and Kats

and we have 4 left for a RB and a CB

Right on cybs .. right on...

and that post was MONTHS ago

Guess pateras reads phantis

Ha ha, I just wrote what made sense for our needs under the current market conditions.

The truth is that we have vastly increased the amount of money we spend and this should serve us well. In the previous decade we only hunted for freebies and "talents". At least now we have the money to go out and buy a couple good players.

I think we will sign as CB and probably a RB. I think the big money will go to the CB. I read yesterday that we will bring Marinos (from Atromitos?) to be the backup RB, which means moon will get the starting spot. I wish we had seen more of him as RB last season. It looks like Ten Cate is calling the shots and that's positive. If he thinks we need a starting RB he would know something.

As for the names, I like the ones we got. Sicce will add a lot of speed to our front line and will affect the way we play. He doesn't have a great dribble or the ability to be holding the ball for ever. He needs quick passing and space to exploit. We'll be pushing the ball behind defenses before they have time to organize. We seem to be replacing slow players with faster ones. We overpaid for his service but that's what we fans were asking for since forever. Pay to bring the big players. Is he capable of realizing his goal of 20 goals? I think he is. This trash talk might be a way to motivate himself. Let's see him on the pitch before we trash him

Katsouranis is a great pickup. He will be a fixture in our midfield for the next five years at least. Leto has skills and had some good games last season. We'll see how he does. He does bring the speed and dribbling ability we didn't have on the left last season. I would have liked to see Ivan stay as well, but such is the business. He wanted to start and he became a nuisance when he couldn't He'll find a good team somewhere.

I am curious if this other kid, Stambozief was signed for the first team to back up Leto or for the "Golden Team". Does anyone know?

I've been on the record saying that I don't care much for Seitaridis. I didn't care for his "blazze" attitude when he last played for us and I don't think it's gotten better. All I remember from Seitaridis is that I pulled my hair out watching him dribble, dribble, dribble and send a horrid cross to the birds time and again.

Gekas is a good player, and his style is like Sicce. He would make a nice backup but I don't think that's what he wants. I didn't like his departure and I was one of the few who defended him in these forums, but what's the point of bringing him in? Just because he is available is not reason enough. His attitude in the locker room got him off the team before and his chances of getting a starting spot are slim at PAO. He will be a pain in everyone's behind when he finds out he'll be sitting on the bench. We bought Sicce and we should be supporting him.

BTW, both Gekas and Seitaridis trashed PAO repeatedly when they left. I don't think they would want to "lick where they spat" (

wow for everybody who is talkin about gekas just stop please..were supposed to be moving foward not backwords..there are some rumors we were going after Southafrican foward Bernard Parker but an article just came out saying he was on the verge of signing with FC Twente for 1 million Euros..thaought this woulda been a nice addition up top..anyway i think we need to sign a quality cb this week drop like 2.5 mill..i wouldve loved to see Chimbonda but there hasnt been any news on him so just go after the cb right now before champions league and we could always play moon/vyntra at rb and get Giourkas at the end of the offseason if we feel like..but please forget Gekas lol..yup yup

let seitairidis go to aek. he sucks. and he has sucked every year since the summer of 2004. pao doesnt need that primodonna driving his fancy cars and not giving a s%$#! about playing the game. pao should look elsewhere... let him move to Greece's retirement home. We can attract a quality player to fill that position.

let seitairidis go to aek. he sucks. and he has sucked every year since the summer of 2004. pao doesnt need that primodonna driving his fancy cars and not giving a s%$#! about playing the game. pao should look elsewhere... let him move to Greece's retirement home. We can attract a quality player to fill that position.

Seitaridis has been FINE. If you ever saw him play at Atletico or Porto he was actually quite good. The player who has been s%$#! since 2004 are two:

Charisteas and Nikopolidis. Not Seitaridis.

We've been missing an RB BADLY since we lost the guy. He's reliable, certainly not a prima donna, (as if Djibril Cisse is not the epitome of a prima donna, the man is certainly the most arrogant player in Greece) I'm sure Leto is exactly the same (Argentinians make arrogance an art form).

We've had Seitaridis before he was great. We could never replace him. Hes got great experience in Russia, Portugal and Spain. Nilsson was not 1/3 of the player he was.

Gkekas been there done that -- and?

Gkekas is moving backwards? Right. People. PAO fell apart as a team as we lost our better players. I guess Vardinogiannis took the team backwards by signing one of our better former players, Giorgos Karagkounis. And suprise suprise, not any fancy Gilberto, Souza, Clayton or thhese losers were best players and leaders on our team - it was the former PAO player with exp abroad who was a star then and a star again now - Karagkounis himself. Gkekas produced and played well. He's even much better now than then by far. Backwards? We were retarted enough to let go a Bundesliga leading scorer. Changing your mistakes is not backwards.

And the guy hit over 20 goals in 1 1/2 seasons, including tieing a Greek record, and bailing us out when we needed to in the small games. He's got experience in Superleague, which is so ridiculously undervalued its fascination. He's been a top Superleague player and a top PAO player, a top intl player, a top Bundesliga player.

He's quick, he's the most dangerous player in the air out of any Greek striker, for sure. He's the leading forward on the Greek national team for a while, and a former top bundesliga scorer. Even Tziolis and Mantzios, Kyrgiakos got WAY better players after Germany I'm sure the trend continued with Gkekas. Gkekas is a great signing, and certainly better than anything we have other than Cisse (although, I havent seen Cisse play in a while but I'll make the assumption)

Cisse and Gkekas wouldnt be a good partnership? It would be a BOMB partnership. Rain goals. Instead theyd rather take a chance on some dumbshit latin players who think theyre hot s%$#!, come to greece be just above average and leave after 2 years. Go with what you know works well, we were idiots to ever throw away gkekas. Salpi-Gkekas partnership could have been awesome.

Who'd you rather have? Rukavina? Croatian lazy boy with mediocre ability and no vision or passing ability? Salpiggidis 1meter tall? Mantzios is great but he's not Gkekas. Petropoulos I like, but not enough yet.

I dont understand why he'd be a backup start the guy NEXT TO CISSE. A proven Greek scorer with a star partner????? COME ON...

He was crap in Russia. He was abysmal at Porto and was decent for abotu 15 games at Athletico last season before his mouth got too big for his head and got into an argument with the manager there.

Dani Alvez Id understand makin demands. But come on Giourka? He is a good RB and it goes to show you how poor our scouting and transfers have been if we cant replace a very good RB.. NOT exceptional.

And callin Cisse a primadonna is fine.. but in my book if u break your leg twice.. and still dont misss a season of football and in the years you break your leg you come back and score 15 goals in 25 games at marseille...brother u can be a primmadonna all you want.

He has scored 168 goals in 319 games.....Auxerre, Liverpool, Marseille..

Gekas isnt even an option..Id take him as a free trasnfer but i would pay the 3 or 4 million theyd be askin for for a guy weve already had. Good yes.

Mantzios great? Come on man

He was crap in Russia. He was abysmal at Porto and was decent for abotu 15 games at Athletico last season before his mouth got too big for his head and got into an argument with the manager there.

Dani Alvez Id understand makin demands. But come on Giourka? He is a good RB and it goes to show you how poor our scouting and transfers have been if we cant replace a very good RB.. NOT exceptional.

And callin Cisse a primadonna is fine.. but in my book if u break your leg twice.. and still dont misss a season of football and in the years you break your leg you come back and score 15 goals in 25 games at marseille...brother u can be a primmadonna all you want.

He has scored 168 goals in 319 games.....Auxerre, Liverpool, Marseille..

Gekas isnt even an option..Id take him as a free trasnfer but i would pay the 3 or 4 million theyd be askin for for a guy weve already had. Good yes.

Mantzios great? Come on man

I didnt get to see him play in Russia. He was also playing for Dinamo who never got their act together anyways it was a scrap team that ran into some cash - until recently they seem to be doing ok.

Enough about Cisse. Seriously.

1 - I have no idea where you got 168 goals from. Transfrmakrt has him at 78 goals, and that goes back to 2002 and includes all competitions. He got his first senior team appearances in 1998. I really dont beleive he hit 90 goals in 4 seasons at Auxerre, esp when his total goals for Auxerre (according to his website he hit 70 total from 1998 to 2004) even the wikipedia doesnt have his total stats that high.

2 - I think your ignoring the common sense behind him breaking his leg and not missing an entire season. If you break your leg in January, its impossible to miss the entire season. Because you would have played in matches prior to your leg breaking. Similarly, if he plays as much as 14 months later, he can still play 2 months, and will technically have not missed an entire season. Also with Liverpool, he did miss the entire season except for 2 games so that isnt correct anyways.

3- I'm not running a hit campaign on Cisse because he's going to be a great signing for us hopefully. The man's arrogance, and attitude are not something you can brush off that easily and say he earned it. I think its quite rich we call Seitaridis a prima donna for no good reason, but Cisse is the almighty has the right to......Seitaridis was of great service to the club and can be again. Speaking up and argueing over playing time with your coach is not the same as being a total arrogant ass who hit his pregnant wife.

Karagkounis was a phenomenal re-signing for us. The guy was part of a great PAO generation, has years left and experience abroad. Follow that trend in Kyrgiakos, Seitaridis - hell even bring Lyberopoulos back as super-sub, the guy never fails to score whereever the hell he is, PAO, AEK, Germany...He'd be phenomenal to have when all else fails in these smaller league games, where for years PAO has lost major points.

Because a player used to play for us is a terrible reason not to sign them. Unless they SUCKED and used to play for us. Thats not the case with Karagkounis, not the case with Seitaridis, not the case for Gkekas or Kyrgiakos, or Lybe either.

Mantzios is great in the sense of, Mantzios is 'great and all'. I assume you understood that. Not meaning as great as in "Alexander the Great" or Warzycha....

In 129 league games for auxerre from 1998 to 2004 he hit 68 goals..

This doest include europe and cup games..

Not to mention he hit 15 goal for france in his career.

Mantzios is good. Thats it

With Liverpool, he broke his leg on oct 30 and came back that same season and scored 4 goals in 11 matches.

With the French NT he broke his leg in early June and came back 5 months later and scord 8 goals int he teams last 19 league games... and also scored 3 goals in the cup run they had.

In greece we would of said.. ''kala, mexri na vrei forma tora.. tou xrovou..."

The following year he hit 22 goals in 48 games with marseille.

Plus he is a well renowned DJ in France.. he even has a CD... :P

Archived