Phantis Forums

Luxembourg - Greece

loup

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CMON Greece... I would be very happy w/ a 0-3 win...

In our group the match (Israel - Switzerland) lets hope for a draw

Israel vs Switzerland should be a good one....... the Bankers Derby :LOL: :P !

Same lineup AGAIN?

Guys, Im full for appreciation for Otto and his accomplishments. But enough is enough, this simply has to STOP. The idea that we could still be having Xalkias, Dellas, Basinas, Xaristeas, Katsouranis, Seitaridis, Karagkounis into the year 2010? Seriously, this has got to stop. Some of those players can still make the team given their age in that year, some simply for reasons of performance, age, should not even be considered. The team has guranateed spots, that doesnt work.

Papastathopoulos MUST be brought into this team. A game vs Luxemborg, is not going to risk anything for Otto, by putting the younger Serie A CB back there.

Also, Vangelis Moras is starting for Bologna in the Serie A who just beat Milan in San Siro. Not saying that should guarantee him anything but, yes theres a huge chance hell do more than Dellas, who its not only Rehagel's fault, but players like Traianos, for not stepping down for the next generation even though he knows damn well he should.

BTW, no I do NOT think its wrong to call for Otto's retirement if we screw up these 2 games. Change in this team is entirley necesary, and two years overdue. I dont beleive Otto will change enough at the moment, and I dont believe it will fall together for him this time around like in Euro Quals.

Latvia beating Moldova 0-2 on the road -- puts them in the mix as spoilers at least and possibly legitimate outsiders to win the group,

A tough game here vs Luxembourg may sharpen us up for the Latvia match -- not getting the win i Latvia will be devastating because you would expect one of Swit or Isreal to win there, if not then Latvia is, like I said, a contender for the group

why lybe?

How can you go 4-3-3 with 3 true TARGET men ...where is the wing play for crosses. Guys I have a bad feeling about this game....maybe a negative result is what WE want.

Why not go Ninis Charisteas Samaras....Ninis and Samaras have 100 times better touch with the ball than Gekas and Charisteas.Gekas is a Goaltzy he must get service he is will not create.

So if we win ...do we got to LAtvia with the same lineup ??? Otto has lost it! :whistle:

Here teh LINEUP:

Chalkias

Giourkas,Dellas,Kyriakos,Toro

Katsouranis,Basinas,Karagounis

Charisteas,Lybe,Gekas

WHAT A JOKE we have gotten older!!!!

dissapointing line up. papastathopoulos ninis spyropoulos tzorvas samaras instead of halkias dellas basinas haristeas karagounis.

gutted :( :tdown: :angry:

After losing at Albania 4 yrs ago -- you'd expect Otto to take this game very seriously and put out a full lineup, especially with a big game next. So I am not surprised with the inclusions, I guess.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTT -- who the fack is target man, rather who isn't Lybe with Gekas???????????? And Charisteas as support winger???

Charisteas is a trooper, but you expect him to do what?? support the other two with crosses??

who is the left winger????

its not that bad.

Gkekas is a MUST. Gkekas gets the goals guys, it just happens that way. He is actually a very quick player, and not a creative forward but a finishing one - we need him. Hes scoring for Bayer when he does play, keep him, hes Greece's top forward, on level of club and country he gets more goals than anybody else. Plus his 2 goals vs Slovakia were nice...

Lybe I have no clue why...Xaristeas too..why? Basinas, Dellas..Dont belong anymore.

I dont know why people would prefer Spyropoulos over Torosidis. IMO its a no brainer, we want Torosidis. Spyropoulos is not a great player. Hell be decent at times, but hes not enough.

I think well still win...That lineup should be able to beat Luxemborg with 2-0 at least. I still, dont approve that nothing is showing any HINT of change or forming a new team. If you dont start forming now (like I said 2 years ago) you pay for it later.

Every game Basinas, Dellas starts as examples

You get lousy performances 9/10 times

You get + 0 experience for the players

Opportunity cost of giving as younger player with as much skill/fitness some time. Its not smart, it DOESNT work.

Gkekas, Karagkounis, Kyrgiakos, Torosidis and maybe Katsouranis/Giourkas are the only players that have a HOPE of making any 2010 team. The rest, need replacements, that we DO have available, but have been denied over the course of years playing even in friendlies or smaller games where we dont need a full squad to win (rare exceptions)

I dont know why people would prefer Spyropoulos over Torosidis. IMO its a no brainer, we want Torosidis. Spyropoulos is not a great player. Hell be decent at times, but hes not enough.

giving spyropoulos playing time will improve him as a player and it also gives us a natural balance down the left, and more importantly frees torosidis to play in midfield

Archived