Phantis Forums

Papadopoulos at the Gates

Tsoglani

pap needs to understand that hes not running the team... hes nowhere near the player he was when Kostantinou was around...we cant have the inmates running the asylum... Peseiro Put Him In His Place & take control, before this gets totally out of hand

pap needs to understand that hes not running the team... hes nowhere near the player he was when Kostantinou was around...we cant have the inmates running the asylum... Peseiro Put Him In His Place & take control, before this gets totally out of hand

Pap is definitely going imo. In the next days he will have to explain his action in front of the management. Since neither Velic nor Tzigger is very fond of him and Pap lost the support of the People he will definitely be told to look for a new team.

Petropoulos is a welcome signing.

i just read on supersport and sport action both reported that peseiro didnt allow pap to train today with the team

they are also due to meet some stage next few hrs and pap will be asked to apologize

good riddens!

why doesnt tzigger and velic like pap? (apart from this)

Peseiro did not allow Papadopoulos to practice today http://www.sport-fm.gr/article.jsp?id=116589

It seems like they had identified the second striker as a major weakness this season. Hence the Postiga and Petropoulos signings, and Pap realized that his playing time will be slashed so he is throwing a fit. He is not helping the team with his attitude, especially when everyone has seen how many chances he got this year.

I remember when pap was about to leave, I thought we were about to lose one of the greatest modern players of greece. I thought he was way better than gekas. And I think he appeared to be so. I was even one of those fans that had sent him an email asking him to stay..Such skill with the ball in the malezani era and after the contract.. gone..No dribbling, no speed and acceleration like he used to..Maybe it had to do with the bad knee, maybe there are things we dont know. But the way things are now, pap can offer nothing to this team..

I agree with the previous commments : good riddance

Its definitly time for him to go. I feel bad for him a bit now, but we just cant have him on the team anymore. He's in awful form, hes not really a captain-type and hes not going to get better at this point. Let him move on and find his old self again.

He had such promise, but after his new contract he has been simply terrible, (before he signed when his contract was pending he was incredible form remember???)

He didnt follow through on his agreement to play football at a good level, hes obviously upset that hes been very poor the last 2 seasons, and missing that penalty (his penalties have been terrible all year despite scoring them they were predictable, week and lucky to score, and thats Peseiro's fault for letting him take it)

Peseiro should not be playing him because of his performances though, not because of their arguements.

good riddance..

If he leaves what is the chances that oly or Aek will pick him up??

i got a feeling Aek will go for him since they love this types of singing (Greek rejects from either oly or Pao who have been capped)

i hope he goes abroad to Germany (for some reason German has been good for Greeks to regain there form e.g Sotis, Gekas, Amand ect...)

tetoia simperifora apo arxigo??? kai malista otan i omada pernaei tetoia krisi... eleos re pap pia.. des ki esy ti exeis kanei mexri tora... afou den mporeis agori mou.

Coach should do what he wants with Pap. No way he can let it slide because he will lose all respect from the team. I bet a penny that there are other players in the locker room that are fed up with his behavior, and I am sure there are some who are buddies with him (he was not voted captain if he did not have some support in the locker room).

The way Peseiro handles the situation will send a message to everyone. It would either strengthen or weaken the coach and the team. There is only one possible outcome from this situation: Everyone finds out who runs the team.

No animosity fro me for Pap. I said before that I appreciate all the work he did in his first year to bring us a double, but the game has passed him by. His first year he worked hard and was always a step ahead from the defenders. I remember watching him play and I thought he "worked like a dog" on the pitch.

After his contract renewal however, he looked more like a government worker on the pitch. Every time the ball came to him he bobbed his head to show that he was trying to do something and then fell down as soon as a defender breathed on him (87% of the time - unscientific stat here).

Add him to the club of Lyberopoulos, Konstantinou, who were treated very well by the team and the fans, but as soon as they renewed their contract they stopped living up to expectations.

Actually, I don't believe that these players intentionally lowered their contributions after they got a new contract. Unless they didn't care, or they became delusional that they're were irreplaceable. Maybe Pap is in this category. After all, despite his horrible play he was in the line up!

Nevertheless, this latest conflict was public so Pesseiro has no choice but to make an example of Pap. Good for us, Pap is not needed right now. Sell him now before the end of the month.

what did he actually say????

I find it hard to believe he is an OSFP fan re clover22 his reaction after his goal last season in the 90' to win for PAO was pretty loyal.

However, if i was a PROFESIONAL sportsman i would put aside my "favourite team" for the good of my career.....I would also listen to my coach hahaha

Archived