Phantis Forums

george21

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a MASSIVE game.

Tripoli winning big games at home against olympiakos, PAO, PAOK, all the big name teams.

AEK wont have an easy game, Tripoli are full of confidence and I think they will fancy there chances against AEK.

Having said that, AEK have come off a good win against PAOK and are top of the table by 2points which is great to see.

I think this will be Tripoli's first loss at home against a big name team.

AEK to win 2-0

I am hoping for the best here. It will be a very hard game for us but if we play like we have the pass couple of games we can leave there with the 3 points. I will say a score of 0-1 or 1-2....

thelo na pisteuo oti o Asteras tha grapsei kai triti istoria meta tous.. panathinaikous, olympiakous... seira exoun ta xanoumia! :P

What about Pappas?  Why wont he start this guy?  My feeling is that he is trying to kill Pappas because of spite?

I dont get it.

Out of spite? Why exactly? :)
There was talk that Ferrer did not want Pappas when we picked him up over the summer. It seems that Ferrer only uses Pappas in difficult games especially after he has not played a competitive match in weeks. Seems like a set up for disaster... or to prove that the player is no good. Luckily for Pappas, he plays well and and scores or is the MVP. And then, he is rewarded with.... not playing for many more weeks...

Thats what I mean by spite...

I think that we are doing our critique a bit lightly...

A coach is someone who can see players perform once or twice daily in training.

Weighs them

Takes power measures from various tests

Gets special reports by coach assistants (e.g. the special GK coach)

etc...

Now, in the case of Ferrer, Demis and every other club transfer politics, transfer economics etc do play a major role sometimes and hopefully not in a bad way ... In fact the only thing that coached usually do is to allow players to play more in easy games when they feel they can do so safely while raising the players price and try to list him ...

Anyway ... You either trust a Manager/Coach or you dont ... You cant just criticize him when for example he may have left out a player for speaking back at him during training and in order to teach the whole team a lesson ... even if that player is for example ... a star ...

I think that we are doing our critique a bit lightly...

A coach is someone who can see players perform once or twice daily in training.

Weighs them

Takes power measures from various tests

Gets special reports by coach assistants (e.g. the special GK coach)

etc...

Now, in the case of Ferrer, Demis and every other club transfer politics, transfer economics etc do play a major role sometimes and hopefully not in a bad way ... In fact the only thing that coached usually do is to allow players to play more in easy games when they feel they can do so safely while raising the players price and try to list him ...

Anyway ... You either trust a Manager/Coach or you dont ... You cant just criticize him when for example he may have left out a player for speaking back at him during training and in order to teach the whole team a lesson ... even if that player is for example ... a star ...

Mouse, I agree with alot of the things you have written.

But let me ask you this question... Are you happy with our play this year? Yes, we are first, but are you happy with our play? I think we could be 4-5 places behind if a few things did not go our way. Are you happy that we depended on Fiorentina to get thru in Uefa?

I am not happy with our play this year. I was VERY happy with the team last year and the direction the team was going. Ferrer had mentioned last year that he wanted fast players. Our team is much slower this year. If Rivaldo was not on our team, we would attack alot faster and have more choices. I think Ferrer has his hands tied with him and HAS to play him. Wait until he benches him JUST ONCE... I also think that Ferrer knows we have been lucky and that our overall play is subpar.

I have been losing trust in Ferrer as the season has continued this year for many reasons. You are right, I am not watching players train twice a day. You are right, I do not listen to his advisors. I can only tell you what I see from the games and right now I am not happy with the play.

Blanco should have 10-12 goals by now (yes I understand he has missed some very easy goals), but he is not in the situation to play his game. Blanco is required to come all the way back to get the ball. He cannot do that, he plays in the box and even in the small box. Look at the goals he scores. Go look at the goals he scored in Argentina. He is not in a system to prosper. Lymbe should be doing that but he is too old and slow. He would be a perfect super sub (like with the Ethniki).

It seems Ferrer has changed his views and has slowed down the midfield this season and I dont know why. Maybe with Rivaldo he thinks he should build the attack slowly. Maybe. But against fast teams it doesnt work. Yes, maybe against PAOK or Ergotelis who play 11 players in the defense, it works eventually. But not many others.

I am questioning some of his offseason decisions:

Letting Moras go and picking up Alves. Alves is only good at making fouls. For the money, I think it was a bad decision.

Letting Kirakidis go was possibly a bad decision. He has been the most consistent performer at Larisa.

Picking up Manu was not a good idea (tho he has lately played 2 good games).

Aroubarena was REALLY worth the money? I dont think so.

Rivaldo is Demis' baby so no fault at Ferrer here.

Letting Kapadais go for.....?

Ramos will be very good once he moves to right wing.

Im telling you that I loved Ferrer last year. I liked his tactics and that he kept the team at full throttle all the time. They played fast and well... even when we didnt win.

Alvez is a much better player than Moras. Not even a discusssion. And Ascarate is the guy who actually replaced Vaggeli, not Alvez. Alvez replaced Cirillo. With Alexo coming back this year and Papastathopoulos slated as a starter, there was no room for Cirillo as a starter (especially for 700K) or for Moras as a backup. After xxx number of years at a club, you should be able to make a claim for a starting spot. If not, time to go...as the case with Moras.

Kyriakidis was God awful last year for us. And Tam Tam is flat out a better player.

Kampantais was let go for Blanco. PLUS move, IMO.

Arra was NOT worth the money, but its easy to Monday morning quarterback now. Nobody was saying that in the summer. And plus, we got him on a free, to replace Tzio. Worst case scenario, even exchange.

manu is indeed crap, but Lakis wasn't much better. Neither is starting material.

I won't go into other parts of your post in detail, but I'll tell you this-Last year at this time we were -9. Today we're +2. NO COMPARISON.

i agree with dava-g on this one...i dont think aek has too much of a better team this year and i think you guys seemed to have made a bit of a mess in the past transfer season. aek has the experience to get results but not play nice, quick football, which IS what ferrer wanted last year. i think the rivaldo transfer had more of an effect on the club then most might think.. i think aek pretty much let go most of the right players, but did not replace them with all too many of the right players. your transfers were minimum upgrades with the excpetion of one or two. last year aek had the appearance of a very 'new aged', fresh team, but this year the team has slowed down significantly..

aek is in first, but i think expereince has taken you a far way and later in the depths of the season, it might hurt you. i hope aek make some nice transfers though, because this season is shaping up to be a tight race. :box:

and I agree with ... Kolokotronis ... (hahahahaha... just kidding because we had a whole discussion with him last month about the olympiakos game and ended up dissagreeing...)

Listen,

We can go on player by player comparisons, but inthe league, where by clear declaration of the management and Coaches we put or weight on, we do play more consistent and even better football.

I cant compare players like Malbasa, Pautaso, and co with those we have now.

AEK also started the season with a great handicap... I wrote it on a differnt thread ...

4 do or die back to back meetings with Seville and Slazburg for which training begun too early and fires, deaths and late start of championship meant the players were strained ...

they toped too early, lost to Hra and PAO way too easily and bounced back ...

This is the first year Ferrer begun to build this team according to his plans.

The team needs time and yet it does succeed in the goals set easily of in a tough way ...

Now, things can go wrong easily again.

But its easy for us fans to ask for things and not have to worry about their implementation. Implementing them is the tough part ...

And of course this is their job ... to implement them. However we must all admit its not an easy one ...

In any case, we all agree that we do argue in order for us to work out whats best for the club we love ...

I am just a bit more onthe happy and patient side ...

Never forget that AEK leaped light years forward from absolute destruction in only 3-4 years...

;)

I am just a bit more onthe happy and patient side ...

Never forget that AEK leaped light years forward from absolute destruction in only 3-4 years...

;)

And I am in the agreement with you, IF we buy and start younger players and actually build for the future... I thought that was the way that we were going last year... but I am worried that Demis and Ferrer will push for short term, "fast food service" like other regimes at AEK....

My worry is that History repeats itself....

Archived