Phantis Forums

george21

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To AEK Management:

I am and always will be an AEK supporter, through thick and thin. But, please stop playing Rivaldo as his pace continues to hurt the team. Ferrer may have had his glory days in Spain, but not in Greece. Why doesn't Blanco start every game? PAO, Oly, and Asteras on the bench, and all losses.

Constantly watching Manduca dive game after game, and watching Arruabarena struggle. Am I the only one to see this and wonder what is going through our coaches' mind?

Where are our youngsters? Kone or Pappas?

Signed, an unhappy AEK supporter

A bad result for us but not the end!!!!! I have to agree about Ferrer not starting Blanco? I don't know what's up with that?!!!! Next week it's the Derby and with a tie and win for us we will be in 1st place again. Worst case we will be in 2nd one point back.... FORZA AEKARA!!!!!!!!!!!!

To AEK Management:

I am and always will be an AEK supporter, through thick and thin. But, please stop playing Rivaldo as his pace continues to hurt the team. Ferrer may have had his glory days in Spain, but not in Greece. Why doesn't Blanco start every game? PAO, Oly, and Asteras on the bench, and all losses.

Constantly watching Manduca dive game after game, and watching Arruabarena struggle. Am I the only one to see this and wonder what is going through our coaches' mind?

Where are our youngsters? Kone or Pappas?

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

I totally agree and I think also in this case, there was a serious mistake... in a game where we should have had our fastest guys out there to play against a slower opposition, we did not.

BTW, both of those goals were Moretto's fault. He needs to sit and not play any more. Gte Macho in and let him play....

To AEK Management:

I am and always will be an AEK supporter, through thick and thin.  But, please stop playing Rivaldo as his pace continues to hurt the team.  Ferrer may have had his glory days in Spain, but not in Greece.  Why doesn't Blanco start every game?  PAO, Oly, and Asteras on the bench, and all losses.

Constantly watching Manduca dive game after game, and watching Arruabarena struggle.  Am I the only one to see this and wonder what is going through our coaches' mind?

Where are our youngsters?  Kone or Pappas? 

I totally agree and I think also in this case, there was a serious mistake... in a game where we should have had our fastest guys out there to play against a slower opposition, we did not.

BTW, both of those goals were Moretto's fault. He needs to sit and not play any more. Gte Macho in and let him play....

MMMMM Am I sensing a bit of anger here?

Seriuously though I agree w/ you all Blanco is not the typre of player that sits on the bench... Same thing goes with Lemonis he has Nunez riding the bench then they put these players in and the game changes... Our fearless leaders arent' really that smart in some cases

To AEK Management:

I am and always will be an AEK supporter, through thick and thin.  But, please stop playing Rivaldo as his pace continues to hurt the team.  Ferrer may have had his glory days in Spain, but not in Greece.  Why doesn't Blanco start every game?  PAO, Oly, and Asteras on the bench, and all losses.

Constantly watching Manduca dive game after game, and watching Arruabarena struggle.  Am I the only one to see this and wonder what is going through our coaches' mind?

Where are our youngsters?  Kone or Pappas? 

Morretto at fault for BOTH goals?

The second was a break away!!!!

Ihmo, only the first goal was Moretto's fault. He's been improving since what we saw at the beginning of the season, with more consistent performances. I'm still in favor of putting in Macho, but I'm not as worried anymore as I was before when Moretto would be playing.

Btw I keep asking this but no one seems to answer, what's everyone's thing with Manu or Arruabarrena for that matter ?

No question the first goal was Moretto's fault. The defense had the player closed down and his shot should have been a straight-forward save. Horrible mistake and these are the kinds of mistakes that AEK can't afford. Message to Ferrer: play Macho.

The second goal was just a defensive breakdown. Nice counter-attack by Tripoli. Can't fault Moretto. A great finish by the Astera player too.

Blanco should definitely be starting. I also think we need Nsaliwa in there to take on the defensive responsibilities in midfield.

No, actually Moretto is at fault for the second goal as well. As a keeper you need to RUSH OUT and cut off the angle or STAY in goal and let your defense try to stop the attack. Moretto HESITATED and then came out which was his nail in the coffin. Watch the film again and you will see it.

Yes, he has been playing better over the past few weeks but I still dont feel comfortable with a guy that lets bunnies like that in and has a very poor brain for positioning. Now look at the rest of the game.... he also had a tough time holding on to 2-3 other balls that were fired in from outside. Clearly the Asteras team was told to fire from outside and preferrable allow the ball to bounce before the keeper since Moretto has very poor hands. Congrats to their coach for seeing that and using that tactic.

Many of you have read my posts since the beginning of the season, I am not happy with the style of play that Ferrer has brought to the team THIS YEAR. We have been lucky for a few of our games, but we need to start playing well again for our team to continue into the second round.

I wonder where you get this stuff from?

The goal is 24 feet wide. Its noy a hockey net. Very hard to close down the angle, especially when the attacker is in the middle of the pitch. there's only so much angle you can shut down in that instance. Nor can yoi back up either, cause the attacker has a head start on your defenders, you'll give him an even bigger net to shoot at, and he'l probably wind up drillin you inot the net with the ball as well.

Nor can you bull rush the attacker. That's an attackers dream. He'll either push the ball right past you as you rush in, or chip you and make you look utterly ridiculous.

I wonder where you get this stuff from?

The goal is 24 feet wide. Its noy a hockey net. Very hard to close down the angle, especially when the attacker is in the middle of the pitch. there's only so much angle you can shut down in that instance. Nor can yoi back up either, cause the attacker has a head start on your defenders, you'll give him an even bigger net to shoot at, and he'l probably wind up drillin you inot the net with the ball as well.

Nor can you bull rush the attacker. That's an attackers dream. He'll either push the ball right past you as you rush in, or chip you and make you look utterly ridiculous.

Watch the clip again and see the hesitation. Also watch that a defender was closing in. You are right, it is not entirely his fault but he hesitated and that killed him.

Im telling you that you have to choose either one or the other, not a hesitation. Go and watch Sorrentino from last year. He probably saved 6-10 one on ones. Im sure you can find them on Youtube.

No Sorrentino didn't. He never had to face a guy coming from midfield all alone. That's the difference.

When the guy break free from a defender close to goal, then yes, the keeper has to come out and close the angle. But not from that type of distance in the middle of the pitch.

The keeper has to play a cat and mouse game with the attacker, but he's (the keeper) VERY VULNERABLE. The keeper can't really commit one way or another and must hope that the attacker makes a mistake. And if the keeper commits, it must be very late,a s Morretto did. Jean Carlos simply slid the ball past him perfectly. Impeccable placement.

p.s. the defender was behind Jean Carlos, not closing off his angle.

Archived