Phantis Forums

WHY STAY AT PAO ,THAT IS THE QUESTION?

PAO-1908

With the results in the last few games at home, Munoz has probably made his decision. ASTA LAVISTA PAO. IT's a shame these players have played like this, for a coach who has shown so much respect to them and who has shown trust in young Greek players. The should all be disgusted with the way they have played the game . Thank god these last two games have been on tape delay.I probably who have destroyed the big screen . Almost as pathetic as the losses in UEFA cup, That was another bordello , while some lower ranked teams play their hearts out . this team is becoming a laugh.

Respectfully, Discruntelled PAO FAN

P.S. BRING BACK MAKARIAN!!!!!! :angry:

I do NOT intend to make ANY excuses for these players.

Very few of them, are Panathinaikos material anyway.

It may just be a coincidence, that the these dreadful performances occurred right after Tzigger, in his infinite wisdom, reduced the bonus after the Karaiskaki win.

I hope he is eating his $$$ now.

These players could not possibly find a valid reason for playing so poorly.

Psychology is a huge part of life, even more so, for someone that is expected to excel.

The issue is NOT the few more Euros that the players did not receive.

It is rather the message that this disgraceful management continues to send to anyone that plays for our team:

YOU WILL NOT BE APPRECIATED :nono: :tdown:

The question you post in the title, is well put, and relevant.

It is relevant, to anyone working for this family ... NOT JUST MUNOZ!!! :angry:

PEACE

trifilli has yet again summed it up very well. I would start hoping he was the Chairman instead of the Tzigger idiot anyway.. :D

But seriously speaking, the players have failed badly to deliver something to the coach, what he deserved: R E S P E C T! Especially the Greek ones.

Why?

He fielded in a 16-year-old youngster instead of two players that were signed in the summer one of whom is the same nationality with the coach. Don't get me wrong. I'm not blaming Ninis. I just want to say that the coach did not do any favours to his fellow countryman or to the new Latino signing. He sticked by youth!

Not only Ninis, as well. Tziolis became an instant starter, even the possible star of the team. But he had a handful of good games and nosedived then.

If the coach, A FOREIGN COACH, puts faith in you, you have got to pay it back! I'm not saying that the young PAO win all games 3-0, 4-0. What I say is these guys have to have a spirit, have a common struggle for winning matches! They can lose to Kalamaria, they can lose to Aris, they can lose to Rigas Ferraios, they can lose to Ampelokypoi even, but whilst losing they have to put in an effort, not just get their skins tanned by moon!!!

and P.S.: after what all happened to him, do you still think Markarian will ever return??

I'd say Munoz is great, stick by him! Of course, if he doesn't decide to leave after seeing a bunch of loosers every week!!!

you guys are a bunch of children calm the F*** down......after 2 bad results now were embarassed to be PAO fans? dont bother supporting the team, bad results are going to happen, in the case of Ergotelis it was extremly unlucky, and thats too bad. The team was too far off for winning the league anyways.

we beat AEK and Gayros and Munoz is great

we get unlucky and lose to Ergotelis and Atromitos and he has to go.....

you act as if the coach has total control over the entrie game......go out, play, watch football, maybe even coach yourself and then tell me realistically if you beleive that is any way true. Its not.

enough of the bitching, evertime we get unlucky the crying starts, but when we do good things everybody 'forgets them' --- pick a ###### side.

this is not about the coach...its stems alot higher up....you cut some measly bonuses, & in 2 weeks the players cut the CL money... How would any of you perorm at work if this happened to you???

This is really pathetic!

So you are telling that in order to play some decent football you need the prim?

To hell, all of them !

As far as I am concerned they never had any problem with their payment, they get "fat" money for doing what they like to do, and they play for a team that they are supposed to love and get passioned for!!!!

Ti prim mwre thelei o papadopoulos me 700.000(mono symbolaio) to xrono for just a win against Olympiakos????????????????

Imagine what would happen if they were delayed a payment (like aek,paok not to mention numerous smaller teams during times)! B'ethniki???

If this was the reason for the two defeats then the players really suck!

And management sucks cause they have managed to have employees and not players in the team!

Only Munoz doesn't suck but unfortunately he is the only one that will go!

Question 1: have we gotten our money's worth from the players this season? or the last? or the one before that?..

Question 2: do you realize that the problem is systemic in our team since Tzigger arrived?..

Question 3: do you realize that this is a sport run by idiots in an unprofessional league?

Even though sports teams are in their own category, eventually crappy quality would result in less excited and supportive fans, and, if this continues, like consumers (especially the younger generations) will find entertainment elsewhere. It's sad, but few people realize what's going on and see into the future.

PODOSFAIRO is on the decline amongst Greece's youth.

I am not saying this is a bad thing, as long as the kids engage in fun sports.

I like kite surfing, windsurfing, swimming, basketball, volleyball and many other great sports our country has to offer our young.

It is more important to be active, than a "polithrona" fan, hooligan, or video gamer...

Diversity has hurt the football league and that shows in game attendance.

It is the over thirty five crowd and the gang mentality youth that attend most games religiously.

To bring back the average football fan, young or old, there must be football played on the pitch...

When that actually happens, most fans will be OK with losses such as these last two. They would at least know that both teams gave it all and offered a spectacle worth seeing, week, after week, after week...

That is what separates the great leagues from the mediocre ones.

PEACE

One more point: I read that Munoz said he doesn't know what's wrong with PAO. ["doesn't know the disease or else he'd have cured it" he said] I hope he's kidding or he doesn't want to speak the truth in public.

In the past, I supported most new coaches--gave them a chance--but once they started saying stupid things and showed that they were dellusional, my opinion changed. It hasn't for Munoz yet.

But, if he hasn't figured out what's wrong with this club, then I worry.... Of course he can't change the upper management and, perhaps, the internal culture of the club, but, com'on, don't make public statements about "unknown evils" when we all know what's wrong! It begins with Satan (Tzigger) on down... down to hell on the pitch.

In the real world, sometimes you have to leave a job because the system doesn't allow you to produce results, but I would hope while exiting a man should have to balls to say, "Mr. Tzigger, your club doesn't operate in a professional manner, staffed by the right people in the right positions. And, unless this changes, PAO will be in the same shitty hole for the next 10 years, at least." Now, that's a statement I'd like to hear! <_<

Integrity goes only as far as your livelihood is untouched.

Remember the complementary comments for tzigger and PAO from recent ex-PAO coaches, Scum, Melitzani, Bakke?

Just like them, Munoz will leave with the finest of impressions, for PAO and the "organisation"... B)

PEACE

One more point: I read that Munoz said he doesn't know what's wrong with PAO. ["doesn't know the disease or else he'd have cured it" he said] I hope he's kidding or he doesn't want to speak the truth in public.

In the past, I supported most new coaches--gave them a chance--but once they started saying stupid things and showed that they were dellusional, my opinion changed. It hasn't for Munoz yet.

But, if he hasn't figured out what's wrong with this club, then I worry.... Of course he can't change the upper management and, perhaps, the internal culture of the club, but, com'on, don't make public statements about "unknown evils" when we all know what's wrong! It begins with Satan (Tzigger) on down... down to hell on the pitch.

In the real world, sometimes you have to leave a job because the system doesn't allow you to produce results, but I would hope while exiting a man should have to balls to say, "Mr. Tzigger, your club doesn't operate in a professional manner, staffed by the right people in the right positions. And, unless this changes, PAO will be in the same shitty hole for the next 10 years, at least." Now, that's a statement I'd like to hear! <_<

you are right.

People bitch about consistency consistency consistency........

CONSISTENCY, TAKES TIME. Munoz hasnt had that.

Every time we make improvements or even just slight ones we go and reverse them Soum was doing fine then we reduce that to Skazny, make it better off with Malesani, lower ourselves to Bakke, and improveourselves with Munoz....

Abadnoning Munoz is a giant mistake. If you deny we havent made progress over 2 matches (one which was an Ergotelis miracle), your simply an idiot. Munoz does things with the team that are effective and were not used to seeing --- ie LETTING HIS PLAYERS HAVE IT when they deserve it -- NOT BULLSHITTING US --- EXPERIMENTING WITH YOUTH....when we get the next coach pattern says hell be a total waste of time, get fired midseason and well be scratching our heads why dont we try the one that has shown potential full time? oh because we lost a home game or two, in a season that was pretty much lost anyways.... Guys go out and PLAY football. See how the nature of the game is for once- WATCH football matches... Do you have a coach? ever made a mistake on the field? Was that your COACHES fault? F****** a you people see one scoreboard and immidiatley assume its 100% Munoz...... Coaches have an effect but theres plenty of factors out there that are just as or more important that happen on the field. Was it a "tactical" error that the ball wouldnt go in vs Ergotelis????

and the guy has not had a preseason to prepare from 'scratch' if you will.

also for Tzigger - why is it only after tha bad results we go and rag on him? after beating AEK and Fagros away we suddenly forget? When we fail its his fault, and when we win its coincidence??? seriously now its just turning into scapegoat. Sure mistakes have been made with Gkekas and Lybe (Konstantinou is not a mistake, just look how worthless he is now) but do we not beleive we have resources to win games now??? Our midfield core and strikers are young and talented,realistically with defensive adjustments and a good preseason theres no reason our team wont be winning the title next year...but we have to make a drama out of it.

rather than focusing on what mistakes have been made in the past lets focus on getting the team ready for next season because we are definitly have the base structure to build a good team on NOW.....im not denying there was mistakes but now we are closer than ever in the last few years to finally completling a competent team that will be a challenger for the next several years...all it needs is keep munoz, defensive strength, good preseason, keep the core players, time, and a little luck....for sure.

QUOTE (athinaios @ Mar 19 2007, 01:56 PM)

In the real world, sometimes you have to leave a job because the system doesn't allow you to produce results, but I would hope while exiting a man should have to balls to say, "Mr. Tzigger, your club doesn't operate in a professional manner, staffed by the right people in the right positions. And, unless this changes, PAO will be in the same shitty hole for the next 10 years, at least." Now, that's a statement I'd like to hear! 

you are right.

People bitch about consistency consistency consistency........

CONSISTENCY, TAKES TIME. Munoz hasnt had that.

Every time we make improvements or even just slight ones we go and reverse them Soum was doing fine then we reduce that to Skazny, make it better off with Malesani, lower ourselves to Bakke, and improveourselves with Munoz....

Abadnoning Munoz is a giant mistake. If you deny we havent made progress over 2 matches (one which was an Ergotelis miracle), your simply an idiot. Munoz does things with the team that are effective and were not used to seeing --- ie LETTING HIS PLAYERS HAVE IT when they deserve it -- NOT BULLSHITTING US --- EXPERIMENTING WITH YOUTH....when we get the next coach pattern says hell be a total waste of time, get fired midseason and well be scratching our heads why dont we try the one that has shown potential full time? oh because we lost a home game or two, in a season that was pretty much lost anyways.... Guys go out and PLAY football. See how the nature of the game is for once- WATCH football matches... Do you have a coach? ever made a mistake on the field? Was that your COACHES fault? F****** a you people see one scoreboard and immidiatley assume its 100% Munoz...... Coaches have an effect but theres plenty of factors out there that are just as or more important that happen on the field. Was it a "tactical" error that the ball wouldnt go in vs Ergotelis????

and the guy has not had a preseason to prepare from 'scratch' if you will.

also for Tzigger - why is it only after tha bad results we go and rag on him? after beating AEK and Fagros away we suddenly forget? When we fail its his fault, and when we win its coincidence??? seriously now its just turning into scapegoat. Sure mistakes have been made with Gkekas and Lybe (Konstantinou is not a mistake, just look how worthless he is now) but do we not beleive we have resources to win games now??? Our midfield core and strikers are young and talented,realistically with defensive adjustments and a good preseason theres no reason our team wont be winning the title next year...but we have to make a drama out of it.

rather than focusing on what mistakes have been made in the past lets focus on getting the team ready for next season because we are definitly have the base structure to build a good team on NOW.....im not denying there was mistakes but now we are closer than ever in the last few years to finally completling a competent team that will be a challenger for the next several years...all it needs is keep munoz, defensive strength, good preseason, keep the core players, time, and a little luck....for sure.

This might answer your questions about Munioz staying at PAO

I will venture a wild guess here that Munoz will be the coach next season.

The way I interpret the events of the last weeks is that both upper management and the coach are positioning themselves for their negotiations. The owner acts cool as not to look too desperate, and the coach acts cool as to not look like he has no options. Anything can happen during negotiations of course, but I like to look at the bright side :D

It's also obvious that some players might be cold about keeping Munoz, and they are probably the ones who will find themselves on the bench next year (based on what he asked for last December).

Beyond the fact that we all seem to agree that he is the right coach for the team, it would also do miracles for the locker room chemistry when everyone knows who is in charge.

On a related topic, he began drilling the players today:

Archived