Phantis Forums

CL-QR3-L1: Ajax - PAOK (26-Jul-16, 21:45 GR)

Blackhawk

Really for the two legs we have achieved nothing. We are in the same position we were 6 years ago.

But for tonight we achieved what we set out to do.

Last minute swap for charissis worked out perfeclty.

I was really impressed with crespo and tzavellas. Expected a little more from matos but he defended superbly.

For me our best players were tzavellas, leovac, campos.

Dissapointments and expected more shakov, rodrugues

Here's my 2 cents on the players:

Matos: The best signing of the off-season by far (so far).  The kid is a stud and has brought the back line a step up in quality.

Charrisis:  Had a great game today.  Definitely had an impact.

Crespo:  Not bad, not great.... had an OK day.

Tzavellas:  Lots of hustle, but anytime a CB dodges a ball like it's a freaking hand grenade it's a fail...and his fail resulted in a goal, even though it was Sakhov who had his thumb up his a$$ when the goal was scored.

Sakhov:  Trash.  Non-existant and confused. Hopefully he get's his $hit together. 

Cimirot:  Not bad, showed glimpses of what we KNOW he can be.

Rodrigues:  Tragic.  Couldn't hold onto the ball.  Couldn't even get a decent first touch on the ball....had a couple good plays, but over all very disappointing.

Campos:  Lots of hustle as well, but like Garry, his first touch was amateurish....and showed that so far, he's far from a suitable replacement for Mak.

Klaus:  Had the assist, and a missed chance... I think we need an upgrade in this position.  Honestly, I think Pereyra will do much better in the current system.

Leovac:  Very average, with glimpses of mediocrity. 

Glykos: is Glykos.... he'll make 2 amazing saves and 3 tragic mistakes in the same half.... you never know.  Too inconsistant for PAOK.

Really for the two legs we have achieved nothing. 

Common, you guys achieved a lot today, you get to go home and play qualifier on your own terms in front of your own fans. For sure Ajax will not just lay down and hand you the game in Thessaloniki, nothing is over yet. But this was an excellent result for you guys, you control your fate, get the home win it's that simple. No reason why Paok can't do it. 

• Like it 1

Apart from players, lineups, tactics...the main thing we need for the return match is COMPOSURE. If history is any guide, it is this lack of composure that cost us dearly against Ajax (5 mins of madness) and Shalke (10 men). We need a steely determination and discipline to win this game. C'mon boys, next week can't come quick enough!!

The Dutch are some arrogant sons of b**ches

Would be good to shut them up next week

They are. Nobody likes them. When they conceeded the equalizer in the last game of the League and after the final whistle that got PSV the title 15 million living in Holland felt so fine. You heard roars in the street. 020 not winning (a title) is somehowe considered better than your team winning (a title).

All of my friends and collegues want PAOK to progress. I hope we can deliver.