Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blackhawk

2016 - 2017 Season

The 2016-2017 Superleague seaosn will start on August 20, 2016 and will end on April 30, 2017.

Play-offs will take place between May 10 - 28, 2017

The draw will take place on July 11, 2016

• Like it 1

Huh? Sorry is this a joke? What's it to the government if clubs want to sign loan players or loan them out?

Again the government meddling where it shouldn't.

Here we go with another FIFA ban.

Truly bizarre

Thinking they do this so that everyone can have a B team plaing in the 2nd division?

The malakes struggle to organise games on Saturday and Sunday's, although I am all for it as many leagues around Europe do it these days....

Have not heard of match on Friday. I'm not enthousiastic about it. You have to hurry after work. Even for homegames.

But the SL might even not start in ten days as Kontonis threatens to do so:

http://inpaok.com/315635/%CE%B4%CE%B5%CE%BD-%CE%BE%CE%B5%CE%BA%CE%B9%CE%BD%CE%AC%CE%B5%CE%B9-%CF%84%CE%BF-%CF%80%CF%81%CF%89%CF%84%CE%AC%CE%B8%CE%BB%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%B1/''>http://inpaok.com/315635/%CE%B4%CE%B5%CE%BD-%CE%BE%CE%B5%CE%BA%CE%B9%CE%BD%CE%AC%CE%B5%CE%B9-%CF%84%CE%BF-%CF%80%CF%81%CF%89%CF%84%CE%AC%CE%B8%CE%BB%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%B1/'>http://inpaok.com/315635/

Sigh.  And the circus starts again.

Dutch Eagle highly doubt people would struggle to get to games when they are scheduled at 8 or 9 at night. They get there when their teams play midweek in Europe as example....

Anyway as I said they struggle to organise games Saturday and Sunday's lets not push our luck with a Friday game.

From memory though I think B Ethinki did have some Friday games in the past, not sure if that was the case last season though.

Looks like there a war between EPO and Superleague concerning the selection of referees. Kontonis is threatening to block the new Superleague season from starting on August 20 claiming that EPO has not applied the decisions made during a meeting between EPO, Kontonis and UEFA/FIFA. 

Let the circus begin again gamoto, but good on them for making a stand to this bullshit. EPO are a disgrace. I hope they don't delay the league too long I wana catch a game when I am there......

Edited by Original Sydney

Can anyone explain what exactly Kontonis, Savvidis, Melissanidis and Alafouzos want ?  Do they expect EPO to find a whole bunch of new referees in such a short amount of time ?

I think the problem is the ones who have been assigned are ones of Girtzikis mates.

Also there was an agreement between EPO and UEFA, seems it hasn't been honoured.

Can anyone explain what exactly Kontonis, Savvidis, Melissanidis and Alafouzos want ?  Do they expect EPO to find a whole bunch of new referees in such a short amount of time ?

They want Girtzikis out same as earlier this summer. Kontonis clearly stated again unless he is out, the league wont start.

I really hope UEFA kicks us out. Kontonis has already damaged football in Greece hugely, cost clubs millions and there has been increased violence since he took over. A good kick in the teeth will do Greece good, it will probably cost Kontonis his job and that will mean Greek football is more stable. It will also be a major blow to SYRIZA. Girtzikis just needs to sit tight like he did in the summer and hopefully Greece gets banned. 

qQ3KNT.jpg

I don't know who to side with and what to believe. If you read sdna.gr they are so anti-EPO (Specifically Girtzikis), Olympiakos and Marinakis that it's hard to take them seriously.

Now PAOK, AEK and PAO have supported Kontonis' stance. Whether Girtzikis and EPO are right or not their Charter as an independent organisation means they can just bide their time as Reaper says.

They want Girtzikis out same as earlier this summer. Kontonis clearly stated again unless he is out, the league wont start.

I really hope UEFA kicks us out. Kontonis has already damaged football in Greece hugely, cost clubs millions and there has been increased violence since he took over. A good kick in the teeth will do Greece good, it will probably cost Kontonis his job and that will mean Greek football is more stable. It will also be a major blow to SYRIZA. Girtzikis just needs to sit tight like he did in the summer and hopefully Greece gets banned. 

qQ3KNT.jpg

I don't believe syriza care if greece gets banned..

ideologically they oppose UEFA/FIFA....and professional sport...

the Che Guevara rock throwers will have another ideological victory..

I don't believe syriza care if greece gets banned..

I am sure they don't care, they view all capitalist structures as inherently evil etc. But there are still many Greeks in Greece who believe in capitalism and it is them who will be perhaps - annoyed - when Greece gets booted. Annoyed enough to force kontonis out.. not sure.. doubt it.