Phantis Forums

Poland - Greece

dark_horse

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was extremely boring ...

Samaras stood out as the best player for the Greek side as the commentator already mentioned.

Deserved win for Poland who did want the win today as opposed to the Greek side that was asleep the whole time.

That was a pathetic display the only positive is that it occured in a low profile freindly vs poland and not at an international tournament. As far as I am concerend if by chance Greece makes the world cup and does not make serious adjustments to this team, the results might be worse than 1994. The only players in my opinion that did anything today were Samaras, Katsouranis, Karagounis and Papastatholpoulos. Everybody else was absolutely pathetic, I have been following the ethniki since 1994 hands down this team has the least skill out of all national teams I have seen. We no longer have players like Giannakopoulos, Tsartas, Zagorakis, Manolas, Nikolaidis or Vryzas( a player who rarely got any praise, and a good job setting up other players, fighting like a dog for posession and holding it up).

Currently we have no midfileders that can play on the wings, strikers who dont score and defenders who cannot defend lol the goals we conceeded were unacceptable for team who won a euro cup and used their defense to get results. This team needs a serious make over hopefully epo starts making rehaggel more accountable along with the players. However, in the coaches defense does he really have any good choices. All of our young players although talented are rotting on the benches of the super liga. Guys like Vyntra, Patsazolgou, Liberopoulos, Tziolis, Chalkias, Salpiggidis, Charisteas simply do not cut it. The game has become very fast, poland was constantly making runs off of the ball, earlier today I saw russia play argentina and really played a fantastic match with quick passes and runs into open space. The ethniki has become the cafenio it was from the mid 1990's to early 2000's.

Its time for a change.

I predicted a 2-0 win for Poland in an earlier post and it happened. Otto still doesnt get it. Greece has not defeated a quality team (Israel is not a quality team), be it a friendly or official match, since the Turkey match 2 years ago.

i agree with as621213

What on earth do we need 6 forwards for? We never even attack.

Lyberopoulos is completley unecesary player on this team. For f****'s sake, we played Samaras, Xaristeas, Salpiggidis, Gkekas, Amanatidis in that game. Lybe is a legend but hes too old for the team.

There is just no such thing as "too old" ------- which is fine age can be just a number quite often, but there is such a thing as "OUT OF FORM" and we've seriously got a few players that are due for Intl. Retirement.

Anyways.....as long as we can tie Switzerland were fine.

Good post IRAKLIS except for the fact that there are overlooked players in the Greek league like Dimoutsos, Theodoridis and Agritis. These guys have talent but their careers aren't going anywhere because of the crap that goes down in the league. There are a lot of people in this field who should not be there. Just because these guys aren't playing for the big teams (PAO, AEK, OLY) doesn't mean their skill and talent is missing. They would give a whole other dimension to the NT. If it were up to me, I would play them, and that would give a heads up to the bigger teams. And the NT would be playing some good football!

As far as wingers go Ninis is the obvious choice on the right but Otto apparently thinks he's a no - talent waste of time. Otto also doesn't seem to be too interested in putting together a cohesive team. And I will say this: epo will do nothing to influence Otto to get his act together. They are either too stupid or just don't care. It certainly is time for a change but it won't come from epo or Otto, the fans will have to take matters into their own hands. But do the fans in Greece care enough to be active in that way?

Hey I agree with you! players like Agritis, Skopelitis, Fotakis, Theodoridis, Iliadis, Pappas and Vakouftsis were very promising in any other league they would excel for some reason in Greece they seem to destroy talent rather than promote it. The whole structure is shambles I greece does not deserve to be in the world cup if they got in that would be an insult to other teams that are actually passionate about their national team and nations football structure as oppose to the lazy greeks. I hate to sound this pessimistic but its very dissapointing I followed this team from rock bottom saw them rise to the top and hate to see them fall again.

I've said it b4 and I'll say it again, Sotiris Kyrgiakos is the biggest liability ever.

I posted this after the Israel game.

"Sotiris Kyriakos is the worst Greek defender of all time... what a f*ckin disgrace this bloke is. Greece won Euro 04 cause he was injured at the time...FACT!!!!!

As if his disgusting performance in Euro 08 against Sweden wasn't bad enough. Here is a player who got caught out playing for the foul instead of trying to win the ball which directly led to Sweden's second goal. He then feigns injury trying to cover up his f*ck up.

So it's half time against Israel, we're up one-nil and what has this guy done... created 3 chances for Israel by unnecessarily slide tackling every blade of grass, missing everytime. He's made Ben Sahar look world class.

He is a throw back to Greek defenders of the 1970's. All he does is slide tackle. While all world class centre backs in 2009 know you should always stay on your feet....this prick just slide tackles...nothing more.

Is Rehhagel blind???"

So tonight it's 0-0, Papastathopoulos has shown he is more then capable (should be the first defender named) and what happens - ENTER Sotiris Kyriakos.

Just watch the 2nd goal, is that him trying to play the offside trap!!!??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTwLQNCXgUs

Is Ninis injured??

I'm done with Otto. Sack him now.

Archived