Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Greece - Turkey

dark_horse

ethnikistis, im not sure about the tickets..i would assume that they have a certain number of tickets to give to their fans, they rarely bar international matches for visiting fans..as for your cousins, how old r they?

i remember the last time i went to turkey i phoned my grandfather to tell him i was going and he told me "an kapoios sou lei kati giati eisai ellinas, thos' tou mia klotsia sta a*****a."

..i was also 17 at the time :D

:LOL:

They are 15-17 but the boys are really quite innocent and if someone says something they'd s%$#! themselves. Last time there were no exchange of fans and i thought it might be the same this time so whether they go or not depends on that. As for me, I REALLY want to go but I have an exam on Monday at 9am and there are no available flights back to London until 2am on Sunday so I'll arrive back at uni an hour before the exam with no sleep. I'm in 2 minds about whether to go or not, do i think of my degree programme or the ethniki?? :D

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ethnikisti, autoi tha plirothoun.

Siga to vlepeis stin tv... H atmosfera tha einai xalia k olas.

As katseis na diavaseis kalitera...

H atmosfera einai toso halia stin ethniki? Me tous Tourkous toulahisto den tha einai zesta?

Back to football:

Recent News: Otto surprized everyone again by calling Kapsis to our National squad.

Perhaps the German knows more, but remember that the last time we used Kapsis, we lost 1-0 to France in the recent friendly, from his mistake.

The German had better win these 2 games, whatever squad he chooses, otherwise...many patriots will be very angry at him, to say the least...

:gr:

On a more positive note, Kafes is injured and therefore he won't be in our National squad. This makes it more likely for more able players to be called, at last.

Perhaps luck is with us at this crucial period!

:gr:

Foreign based players called up for the gmaes with Turkey and Malta:

Gekas (VlF Bochum), Kyrgiakos (Eintracht Frankfurt), Amanatidis (Eintracht Frankfurt), Charisteas (Feyenoord Rotterdam), Samaras (Manchester City), Fyssas (Hearts of Midlothian), Seitaridis (Atletico Madrid), Basinas (RCD Mallorca), Katsouranis (Benfica Lisbon), Karagounis (Benfica Lisbon), Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers), Kapsis (Apoel Nicosia)

Gekas (VlF Bochum), Kyrgiakos (Eintracht Frankfurt), Amanatidis (Eintracht Frankfurt), Charisteas (Feyenoord Rotterdam), Samaras (Manchester City), Fyssas (Hearts of Midlothian), Seitaridis (Atletico Madrid), Basinas (RCD Mallorca), Katsouranis (Benfica Lisbon), Karagounis (Benfica Lisbon), Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers), Kapsis (Apoel Nicosia)

So is Basinas fit after all?

It has been said that Basinas, despite his injury, is expected to be ok by the time we play against Turkey. He may not be 100% ready though. Otto will only use him if is is fit and there is still a chance for that.

What do you think about Kapsis' call to our national squad?

Amanatidis?Fyssas?Kapsis?

Kapsis? I mean, why?

I guess - he thinks that if he has to go to his 4th central defender - he might as well have a veteran

SO who will be the defenders

Giorkas

Fyssas

Kapsis

Kyrgiakos IN

Goumas

Anatolakis Likely

That means we need backups on the wings

Torosidis - I think, but you never know

Vyntra - has been there before

Lagos - was a bust back there

Leontiou- he looked half decent back there recently

Dellas- Patsa out?

What is Darlas' story?

Anyone eles???

This is becoming comical,I think Otto has a list of 24 players and just uses those names. Can some one tell me that they are more Comfortable with Kapsis then with Tavlaridis.

Tavlaridis even if he does not start he must be on the bench and begin the grooming proces to fit in with Kyriakos (is he fit??)...what are we waiting for Dellas and Kapsis ..those 2 played there HEARTS out for the team but that was 3 years ago..there play has gone not downhill but plumeting off the cliff.

Otto shows no vision with his decisions. Basinas better be straight with Otto does not pull a Lagos and tell him he is good to go then show up a mess!,cuz I know that broken ribs dont heal kwik, can he possibly be fully fit to START , in my opinion NO WAY.

If Basinas can not go does Zikos get the call( I like Tziolis).....No there is always Zagorakis(I'm not kidding watch for this one if Basinas cant go.)

Ta leme

Nice to see Rehagal calling up Mr Kapsis from Apoel he told him to find a team and he did.. He is actually playing quite well there they are 4 points ahead of Omonia and looking to win a championship...

kapsis shouldnt be on the team anymore..i love the man, i really do and he is a fine footballer, but we need to start looking towards the future..all the respect to the man, he lead greece to the euro and has had a fine career but sometimes u have to know when u leave a generation and bring in a new one...

Too early for predictions but i think we will win this one. We are determen to prove that we are a good team. :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Greece is a good team and are tough at home to beat.

I really think there is more pressure on Turkey not to lose this game as I believe they play Norway the following week.

A win by Greece puts them in good position for the balance of the preliminary draw.

kapsis shouldnt be on the team anymore..i love the man, i really do and he is a fine footballer, but we need to start looking towards the future..all the respect to the man, he lead greece to the euro and has had a fine career but sometimes u have to know when u leave a generation and bring in a new one...

File a team like Greece can't afford to look to the future until qualification is secured. We are not Brazil who can leave out Ribo, England who leave out Beckham, Holland who leave out Van Nistelrooj, etc. Taking a gamble on Tavlaridis for such a big game is a HUGE risk. Anatolakis isn't good enough leaving only Goumas or an unfit Dellas to partner Kyriako. Otto decided to go with Kapsis who is tried, tested and experienced in such a big game. Have faith! ;) :gr:

File a team like Greece can't afford to look to the future until qualification is secured. We are not Brazil who can leave out Ribo, England who leave out Beckham, Holland who leave out Van Nistelrooj, etc. Taking a gamble on Tavlaridis for such a big game is a HUGE risk. Anatolakis isn't good enough leaving only Goumas or an unfit Dellas to partner Kyriako. Otto decided to go with Kapsis who is tried, tested and experienced in such a big game. Have faith! ;) :gr:

im not saying i dont have faith in the man..im saying the oppisite..but takes this for example...lets say we do qualify with kapsis as a usual regualr role...then when we get to the tournament and he is too old to be playing, who do we put in? nobody will have the proper expereince..thats what im concerned about..tavlaridis is good enough to be tested in that position...its time to look forward, im not saying we shudnt call older players but we show little sign of integrating some youth especially in defence...

im not saying i dont have faith in the man..im saying the oppisite..but takes this for example...lets say we do qualify with kapsis as a usual regualr role...then when we get to the tournament and he is too old to be playing, who do we put in? nobody will have the proper expereince..thats what im concerned about..tavlaridis is good enough to be tested in that position...its time to look forward, im not saying we shudnt call older players but we show little sign of integrating some youth especially in defence...

File mou in principle I agree with you (although I'd prefer Tavlaridis to replace Anatolakis instead of Kapsis). However, Tavlaridis has been hugely inconsistent with Lille this season (he was even dropped for a long period). The point is he has to prove himself. Now I agree that the only he can do that is to play for Greece and show what he can do, however, this is not the time to start his "trial" because if it doesnt work out and we lose to Turkey and slip up with Malta we won't be at Euro 2008 and won't have the luxury of discussing who should replace Kapsis. Our priority is to get there. However, like I said I agree with you in principle and he should've been in the squad instead of Anatolakis. I'm really nervous about this game. It means so much, but I dont see where the goals will come from. I really hope Salpi starts, if not we won't score.

Greece is a good team and are tough at home to beat.

I really think there is more pressure on Turkey not to lose this game as I believe they play Norway the following week. 

A win by Greece puts them in good position for the balance of the preliminary draw.

I disagree . The pressure on the home side is everytime higher...

example: Turkey cant play good in front of their own people but outside

they play (sometimes) unbelievble good.....but this depend strongly on

the fitnes of the players...

This game is really NOT predictable cause no Turk does really know

how fit each turkish NT player is ...

Archived