Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Greece - Turkey

dark_horse

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greece turkey match is a sell out no more tickets left, Turkey WELCOME TO HELL :D

March 25th 1821 Greece gains its freedom

Greece turkey match is a sell out no more tickets left, Turkey WELCOME TO HELL  :D

March 25th 1821 Greece gains its freedom

what formation would you guys want otto to play for this derby

i would like this

nikopolidis

seitaridis - dellas - kyrgiakos - fyssas

karagounis - katsouranis - tzolis - stelios

samaras - charisteas

Kitakste re paidia. O george thelei tous axristous stin omada.

Lpn auth einai h 11ada:

Nikopolidis (Alli epilogi den uparxei)

Tavlaridis (Paizei mpalara sti gallia), Kyriakos (Tixos stin germania), Dellas (Empeiros)

Karagounis

Lpn auth einai h 11ada:

Tavlaridis (Paizei mpalara sti gallia), Kyriakos (Tixos stin germania), Dellas (Empeiros)

Karagounis

Lpn auth einai h 11ada:

Karagounis

Lpn auth einai h 11ada:

Karagounis

don't be so sure, karagounis was absolute garbage in the 0-0 sept. 2004 greece x turkey match. the waving greek flags didn't seem to motivate karagounis in that match.

as far as samaras, if laziness is holding him back...name the last greek player to register a goal and an assist in the same match..playing away from greece? friendlies not included..

No doubt Samaras has world class skills.I defend him costently when Ethnikistis/Dude bombs away. After a while maybe he merits the bombing. He must bring it for a full 90,Charisteas does not have the same skill set as Samaras but God bless him he will chase a ball down he will race all the way back to his own box,and he is lethal in the air.

Samaras will start, but Otto should keep the leash in his hand ASAP. I would not mind a PAO duo of Salpi and Paps hard nose players with a high work rate, lack height but Paps has a nose for headers. Gekas is a wildcard,his season in the Bundasliga is off the charts, he merits playing time,but I do not like what I've seen when he wears blue.

Just a thought : If Turkey go 1 striker.

Nikolpolidis

Katsouranis

Giourkas Kyriakos Fyssas

Stelios Tziolis Karagounis Paps (played mid vs Russia 04)

Salpi Samaras

Just throwin 1 out there, you can push Samaras up move Paps and Salpi behind him. I believe Tziloilis is ready for a big game like this sometimes youthful exuberence swings the other way as well the pressure is not even there and they play free.He has the TALENT, I believe he can paly with the bigclub.

I cannot watch Anatolakis or Goumas sorry I know people hate the sweeper cuz Basinas killed us one game,I believe Katsouranis has and will raise his game to World Class level!

1-0 Stelios @45+( to make up for the blown call in Athens and the Crossbar in Constantinople)

Guys, I don't know if you are following the Turkish goalkeeper Volkan, but my sources telling me that he is not in top form. I don't want to sound like that victory will be given to Greece on a silver platter. I watched some highlights from his club Fenerbahce, he looks awful out of sink. He spilled some soft shots at time. What I'm thinking here is Greece needs to be aware of that. The defense for Turkey is about average but not so good. Besides, Turkey played 3 "weak" opponents (Malta, Moldova, Hungary) who do not have a strong attacking game. GREECE and NORWAY at least does. ;)

re paidia all you poo jubers with tickets better make the most noise you have ever made in your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we need to bring the turks to their knees!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are the champions and we must play like it.

I want to see karaiskaki on fire!!!!! like when OSFP played PAO but except osfp flags i want greek/cypriot/makedonian/athenian flags at the game. ALSO burn a couple of turkish flags like they did to us in turkey.

ALSO i jumped for joy when i heard that charasteas wont play, give fani a chance also why dont otto give salpi a chance too.

Too bad my sweetie can't come with me! :(

But, I'll know she will be watching the game on TV. :tup:

mate thats a good thing, i would never want my partner or "sweetie" to see me at a football game. Im sure you will do your bit to give our boys the edge.

can i stream this game for free, it may be too early to tell but if any one finds a place i can do it please tell.

my prediction

HELLAS 2-0 TURKIYE

giannakops and Fanis

geia mankes....

ps ill take a 1-0 win for both games though....

Players called for the game by Oto:

Nikopolidis, Anatolakis, Torosidis (Olympiakos), Chalkias (Aris), Lyberopoulos, Dellas (AEK), Papadopoulos, Salpiggidis, Vyntra, Goumas, Tziolis (Panathinaikos), Gekas (VlF Bochum), Kyrgiakos, Amanatidis (Eintrach Frankfurt), Charisteas (Feyenoordf Roterdam), Samaras (Manchester City), Fyssas (Hearts of Midlothian), Seitaridis (Atletico madrid), Basinas (RCD Mallorca), Katsouranis, Karagounis (Benfica Lisbon), Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers), Kapsis (Apoel)

Eftyxws o Otto den kalese ton Kafe auth thn fora. Me ton tropo pou paizei autos o paixths den a3izei 8esh sthn E8nikh auth th stigmh.

Oso gia ton Mantzio, isws eprepe na ton kalesei alla exei xrono mprosta tou, as beltiw8ei kai blepoume

:gr:

I think the only new person is Torosidis. He called him for the Korea friendly, but never played him in that game. That's why I am kind of suprised he called him for this official game. He also keeps sticking with Kapsis for some reason. I swear he must be doing this on purpose just to piss off some of the Greek media.

It will be inetersting to see the lineup he'll field in the game, especially on offense.

greece and turkey will be one big cracker to watch

Edited

And make are greek fans proud :gr:

You are new to this forum, read the rules and please refrain from personal, or in theis case, attacks towards nationalities, which deviate from the borders of simple teasing ...

Thanks you

'll wait for otto's list before i pick an 11apa. we're still hurting severely on the left side and i can't blame otto for that since lagos spends more time on the doctor's table than on the pitch.

well we have a guy named spyropoulos on the left side who works wonders for panionios and is chased by all the top greek clubs. the way things work with otto he will be nominated the day AFTER he transfers to olympaikos (i.e. torosidis). this is somewhat ridiculous!!i mean torosidis at xanthis wasnt nt worthy, but the day he transfered to olympiakos he is part of the squad??

i am not as optimistic about tziolis as you are, aek66. to me he is not good enough. basinas, katsouranis, patsa are much much stronger.

what vyntra is doing on the squad the moment we have torosidis on the squad is beyond me given his recent form. but maybe otto plans him on the left?

Archived