Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Greece - Turkey

dark_horse

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.....at least I just want to say sorry for my wrong words in greek ...

I figured out that I used the ancient greek language book and I drunk 3 beer (this is too much for me)

so I could write wrong .... Sorry to all but I am looking forward to learn greek in our university I will take the greek language course.... :gr: :gr:

I've had my own adventures with the nortern european beverage turkcell. I know for sure that beer and ancient Greek don't mix :D

The best way to learn Greek is to spend some time in Greece and have some raki or tsipouro over grilled octopus in some good company.

I hope you did not take my comments as criticism. I did not mean any disrespect, and I truly appreicate your posts.

the posted ten is just speculation!

although i don t have any objections to the projected lineup. history shows if dellas is somewhat fit otto will field him. same applies to charisteas.

if otto would indeed field torosidis as another dm :tup: , katsouranis could play in his aek role and provide much needed offensive sparks while basinas and toro cover. or the other way around. thats a scenario i always wanted to see with basinas, patsa and katsouranis running our midfield... tziolis to me isnt good enough to start in such a game.

This is gekas chance too shine and show his true styker performance goal machine in germania ,bring yo stuff too the blue & white, pump them hard with there some what depleted squad golden opertunity .

I wanna see crisp passing from katsouranis steller diffending by dellas and problems on the wings with stelios time.

And in goals well what can i say niko our chalk dont know only time will tell.

With alot of hard work we can take it hopefully..........................? <_<

Assuming Charisteas and Dellas make it, here is my prediction:

4-3-3

.....................Nikopolidis..................

Seitaridis....Dellas (Kyrgiakos)....Kapsis...Fyssas

.......Katsouranis...basinas...Karagounis...........

Charisteas (Gekas)...Samaras...Giannakopoulos [Amanatidis sub]

I think three men up front is the way to go with a team like Turkey, that's just my opinion.

:gr:

As for the "new" kids, Torosidis, Salpigidis, etc...:tdown: Rehhagel is too conservative, and with our team I don't blame him.

:gr:

Count on Basinas and Katsouranis to provide the ammunition but not the final shot--if Karagounis can mind the lousy fouls he usually commits to, then we're not looking that bad.

I still would love to beat a healthy Turkey side so that they can't say we beat their b-squad (never mind if we LOSE to their "b-squad").

The other thing is, don't kid yourself; this is more than just a game to many, although I for one would love to see both teams shake hands and swap jerseys at the end no matter what happens, just to show that neither country is a poor loser.

The other thing is, don't kid yourself; this is more than just a game to many, although I for one would love to see both teams shake hands and swap jerseys at the end no matter what happens, just to show that neither country is a poor loser.

That is the truth but if we loose or win i don't see us excanging jerseys. Maybe with a tie!!!

I still would love to beat a healthy Turkey side so that they can't say we beat their b-squad (never mind if we LOSE to their "b-squad").

Greece will play against a healthy turkish team.... Turkey has

very good players many of them are unknown but this

means not that they are bad... I just want to remember

that Turkey has the same spirit from qualification for 2002 -with

young talented players who are ready to show the world that

they are the new generation of technical football power..

....on Saturday this will be NO B-team ..we dont need Emre or a Tekke

who cant shot a goal --all dangerous players will play on Saturday

and dont laugh to H.Sukur he might be old but he is in form ;) He

will give the young players the neccesary safety to win...

and the statistics are on our side ....: Turkey never lost against Greece , sorry guys:

23.04.1948 Atina (Friendly) 3 - 1 Turkey wins in Athens

28.11.1948 İstanbul (Friendly) 2 - 1 Turkey wins at home

15.05.1949 Atina Akdeniz Oyunları 2 - 1 Turkey wins in Athens

21.09.1988 İstanbul (Friendly) 3 - 1 Turkey wins at home

29.03.1989 Atina (Friendly)1 - 0 Turkey wins in Athens

08.09.2004 Atina Dün.Kup.Ele.Gru. 0 - 0 DRAW

04.06.2005 İstanbul Dün.Kup.Ele.Gru. 0 - 0 DRAW

24.03.2007 Atina ---> ????????well lets wait and see .... please no predictions .

Interesting on 29.03.1989 Turkey beat Greece in Athens.... this nearly the same date

just 18 years before.... :)

I was listening to supersport FM online this morning, the starting lineup for Greece might look like this: Nikopolidis, Seitaridis, Dellas, Kyrgiakos, Fyssas, Katsouranis, Basinas, Karagounis, Giannakopoulos, Samaras, Charisteas. B) I don't if you people agree with this lineup.

Charisteas appears to be in better shape then what was feared 3 weeks ago, so he will be inserted into the starting lineup. Gekas could be coming in as a late sub.

Even though all signs point towards Greece winning the game because of home field, injuries to Turkey, and a match before Greece's Independence Day along with the name of the field named after one of the leaders of the revolution does not mean an automatic win for Greece. The OPPOSITE could happen.

I was listening to supersport FM online this morning, the starting lineup for Greece might look like this: Nikopolidis, Seitaridis, Dellas, Kyrgiakos, Fyssas, Katsouranis, Basinas, Karagounis, Giannakopoulos, Samaras, Charisteas. B) I don't if you people agree with this lineup.

Charisteas appears to be in better shape then what was feared 3 weeks ago, so he will be inserted into the starting lineup. Gekas could be coming in as a late sub.

Whenever I hear a lineup this far in advance I am skeptical because I don't think Otto would tip his hat

That said - that looks like his favourite 11 - so I think its likely that its right

That 11 has had troubles with cohesion in the midfield and delvering to the forwards in the past - but I think it will bring us the victory :gr:

One word for this match..

GEKAS!

This guy better bring his A game with him on Sunday and more importatnly we better utilize this guy skill. He's in top form and we need to make it count.

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Archived