Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Greece - Turkey

dark_horse

In any way  Turkey have a lot of losses in their squad so far and I think we have a good chance of winning this one. any ideas what Turkey will play as formation?

:gr:

Turkish NT formation will be (if I think at last games) : 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. But I think it will be more 4-4-2 cause Emre will play especially attacking from the wings will be the main strategy...

But also possible : 4-1-3-2 --> the 1 is M.Aurelio he is a good defender and can make goals.

(this is my personel view it can be wrong)

It is fact that our NT has many losses cause of injury : N.Shain,Arda,Rüstü,Bastürk,Nihat(I am sure that I have forget someone who is important) .... all these important players cant play... our hope is that we can beat Greece with talented young players of the Turkish super league.... the most dangerous striker for Greece will be F.Tekke and H.Sükür (this is not enough)

it will be a real fight on Saturday....I am scared that we can loose :( :( :( :la:

But if Turkiye looses it is not our End.....Many games to play and it is more important to beat the vikings for us than Greece....cause loosing against euro champ is not a disaster

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aek 66 -I now beleive that  your 11 is the 11 we will see winning 2-0 on Saturday

I CAN'T WAIT :gr:  :gr:  :gr:

I'm going to drive around the block and listen to me Euro Cup CD right now

'7 Dellas

'60  Stelios

loup- thanx for giving my 11 a thumbs up. what is your 11 and why? i enjoy hearing various opinions and ideas.

i've been nervous before other matches and i like the 2-0 scoreline. i just think saturday will be greece's day.

The 11 you have are the ones I like and expect to see except I think that Otto would give Charisteas a chance if healthy

i didn't see him training in any of the pictures

two notes about the pics:

1. Gekas' hair is facking worse than ever

2. kavlothika otan eitha ton Dellas - he solves all our problems in the middle of defence

Key to the game will be Katsourains and Basinas servicing the boys up front

Also Kara is due for a big game

Off topic - a bit - but how nice would it be to have Ninis' young legs ready on the bench as a 2nd half sub

:gr: :gr: :gr:

I think we will be a lot looser than the last two matches in WC qualifying against the Turks

we were scared to lose at home in game 1

and in the return in Turkey we played well but cautiously and on the counter attack andreally should have gotten a better result

Now we are 3-0 and have some mojo back - especially with a relatively healthy team and the 4-0 thrashing we gave BH in the last game we played

Turkish NT formation will be (if I think at last games) : 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. But I think it will be more 4-4-2 cause Emre will play especially attacking from the wings will be the main strategy...

But also possible  : 4-1-3-2  --> the 1 is M.Aurelio he is a good defender and can make goals.

aman-aman

turkcell- i have some news for you. emre can not play in this match. emre was originally banned for 6 matches- which got reduced to 4 matches. this is turkey's 4th competitive match since the ban. no emre..

obviously, emre was called up with the turkey x norway match in mind.

you also have another injury worry, it looks like fatih tekke is injured. i'm not sure if the turkish journalists are as fatalistic as greek journalists, but today, it was reported that sahin and tekke are injured.

also - no emre, basturk, nihat, arda, halil altintop and rustu.

the main dangerman to me is tuncay, while tumer is also worth keeping an eye on. it looks as though sukur will start alone up front. i have to like greece's chances.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

bad news that I must hear ...I just wanted go to bed I thought to check phantis last and than your post...... I will will have an nightmare...... thank you

I just read at www.fanatik.com.tr that the NT doctor said that he has a little injury and could fail on Saturday....But he could..It is not clear ... the next days will show if he can play ......

Things going really bad now -Tekke must play he is the last real striker (with H.Sükür) in our first line up .....If I think that 9 of 11 Greeks are playing in good european teams and our long injury list ...

....I start to think not to watch the game.......

if charisteas and basinas are indeed match fit. anyone with a basic knowledge of greek football can predict ottos endekada. knowing that we at least on paper play a 4-3-3, it leaves me with only two questions.

1. the attack: charisteas and gekas seem set to me. the question is will otto field samaras or stelios. probably stelios...

2 kapsis: otto loves kapsis. he probably wont sacrifice dellas whom he loves even more or kiriakos for kapsis though BUT he may field kapsis as a leftback instead of fyssas. highly unlikely though. normally otto should start fyssas.

@ethnikistis: i agree the comments made werent a good example. still i highly dislike greek players making bold statements simply because 99% of them lack the psychological strength to live up to their announcements. i still remember all the bold statements lympe made. he was never seen in any of the games that followed. gekas who has yet to have a good scene in the nt jersey starting to promise goals, just doesnt impress me. during the euro no one said a word and it worked. greek sports psychology is different. look at olympiakos. they talk the talk every year and get raped again and again.

as for a hostile atmosphere at karaiskai dream on.

its a huge relief that emre's not playing. i'd still be happy with a draw though as long as we don't lose

One player dosen't make a diffrence but in this case it does. A big blow for Turckey.

Kapsis and Fyssas can be pure class when they're put to the test, my only concern is if the Turks play a serious attacking game, those two will be the first to burn out.

Dellas has been getting a fair share of playing time this season, so I don't think he'll be a problem. My biggest concern is that the boys will be playing at home, and that's a huge disadvantage--solely because the pressure will be on them to make NO mistakes.

However, having Gekkas up front with or without Charisteas means that there should be a guy on either side of the midfield who can get the long balls to him, and Stelios, Basinas, and Katsouranis can all do the job. Just keep the ball away from Karagounis (although he and Kats have been partnering well this season at Benfica).

Otto WILL play Charisteas, unfortunately. I think he should be putting Samaras in with Chari as a sub in the second half if it's still scoreless; Aggelos seems to have more of a shot getting goals when he subs in as opposed to being in the starting 11.

Is Otto going to put Chalkias in goal? We may as well play without a goalkeeper if this is the case.

My prediction: 1-1. Not a bad outcome at all.

man im so ###### nervous about this game i'm having, with the basketball it was amazing but FOOTY this is god's sport but guys please what site to you stream games from I MUST WATCH THIS GAME even if im still drunk from my saturday night parties. I believe we can win, I never loose faith in our ethniki ELATE RE MANGES FERTE MAS TO EVROPAIKO PALI

Well, I know it may sound silly to say this but getting three pts from Greece and Norway games in total (losing to greece and beating norway will suit us better cause norway has also been beaten by greece meaning that they will left trailing even if we lose to greece) would be a success for us keeping in mind the injuries.

Rustu is out for the remainder of the season. We've got to trust the "Bostan Korkulugu" Volkan! :(

Emre is banned for the Greece game but will be available against Norway.

Gokhan Zan is injured but hopefully he'll be there at Karaiskaki.

Halil Altintop is injured but I smell strange things here. He was playing for Schalke last week, full 90 minutes.. <_<

Fatih Tekke is injured and is unlikely to play against Greece.. <_<

Arda is injured for a month at least and will miss both games.. :blink: Thank you Ozden!! :xxx:

Nuri Sahin is out of the NT after his recent injury.. :angry:

I think Fatih Terim will call me up for central midfield.. :LOL:

Arda is injured for a month at least and will miss both games.. :blink: Thank you Ozden!! :xxx:

you know this is typical turkish -dont missunderstand me I am also a Turk

It was a training where Arda was injured .... this can happen everytime Ozden didnt make any mistake ... Please God give our journalists more brain ...they write just bull-s%$#!... Terim denied all statements about the fault of Ozden.... read it on www.fanatik.com.tr

Can you list the possible middlefield and strikers please ? Who is fit who not?

Whats up with the defense -there are so many injuries I lost the overview :( :(

Rustu is out for the remainder of the season. We've got to trust the "Bostan Korkulugu" Volkan! :(

Whew! Nice knowing we will be coming up against a human keeper who can make an occasional mistake! :rolleyes:

Gecmis olsun, Rustu! :)

having just seen the squad on uefa.com i can't believe we're taking 7 forwards and only 5 midfielders. is there any need for papadopoulos salpingides and lymberopoulos. surely an additional midfielder would have been better. also kapsis is there but tavlarides who should be in the starting 11 doesn't even make the squad

Arda is injured for a month at least and will miss both games..  :blink:  Thank you Ozden!! :xxx:

you know this is typical turkish -dont missunderstand me I am also a Turk

It was a training where Arda was injured .... this can happen everytime Ozden didnt make any mistake ... Please God give our journalists more brain ...they write just bull-s%$#!... Terim denied all statements about the fault of Ozden.... read it on www.fanatik.com.tr

Can you list the possible middlefield and strikers please ? Who is fit who not?

Whats up with the defense -there are so many injuries I lost the overview :( :(

Centre-back Ibrahim Toraman has been removed from Turkish NT squad due to injury.

Arda was not injured during training. He was injured in the Konyaspor-Galatasaray game after a horrendous tackle by Konyaspor keeper Ozden Ongun.

Terim said that he may shift Tuncay from midfield to up front as we have only one striker available to play against Greece, Hakan Sukur.

Metin Tumer will also take his part.

Very probably it will look like..

-----------------------Volkan--------------------------

---Hamit-------Gokhan----Servet-------Uzulmez---

---------M. Aurelio------------Tugay-----------------

-------Gokdeniz-----Tumer------Tuncay------------

-----------------------Sukur---------------------------

-----------------------Volkan--------------------------

---Hamit-------Gokhan----Servet-------Uzulmez---

---------M. Aurelio------------Tugay-----------------

-------Gokdeniz-----Tumer------Tuncay------------

-----------------------Sukur---------------------------

Thanks for the information.

The line up doesnt look so bad but it is not perfect

Fatih Terim: I hope we both make it to the finals: From Eleftherotypia (in Greek)

I hope this too it would be really great if Türkiye and Hellas can make it to the 2008 finals, interesting article on enet.gr , our nations are so football crazy FIFA should make following law:

If 90% of the people in a country are watching their national team in TV this country should be qualified for every international competition

:D

i heard on the radio that otto has made up his mind on 10(!?!) positions for the match. strange -otto always seemed to like to keep the 11apa a secret from the media and opponents. a 4-3-3, with the tridente from left to right, samaras-gekas-stelios.

nikopolidis

fyssas

seitaridis

kapsis

kyrgiakos

????

katsouranis

basinas

samaras

gekas

stelios

mallov, paizetai mia 8esh sth messaia grammh...karagounis h tziolis? either karagounis has a niggling injury or otto is playing mind games with mr. karagounis.

i'm not too skeptical on kapsis...my guess is that dellas is in such bad match shape, that otto has to sit his favorite son out of this crucial match. my question is, who will man mark sukur? kapsis and kyrgiakos main strength is man to man marking, as opposed to zonal marking. i'm guessing just because of sukur's height, kyrgiakos will man mark sukur, and kapsis will play as the sweeper.

either way, i'm confident of the 3 points.

I dont know how reliable this radio report is because as you point out Otto never releases his team so to release 10 is just weird. However if this is this first 10, I'd like to see Torosidis in the team. I guaruntee he'll cause them problems!

i heard on the radio that otto has made up his mind on 10(!?!) positions for the match. strange -otto always seemed to like to keep the 11apa a secret from the media and opponents. a 4-3-3, with the tridente from left to right, samaras-gekas-stelios.

nikopolidis

fyssas

seitaridis

kapsis

kyrgiakos

????

katsouranis

basinas

samaras

gekas

stelios

mallov, paizetai mia 8esh sth messaia grammh...karagounis h tziolis? either karagounis has a niggling injury or otto is playing mind games with mr. karagounis.

i'm not too skeptical on kapsis...my guess is that dellas is in such bad match shape, that otto has to sit his favorite son out of this crucial match. my question is, who will man mark sukur? kapsis and kyrgiakos main strength is man to man marking, as opposed to zonal marking. i'm guessing just because of sukur's height, kyrgiakos will man mark sukur, and kapsis will play as the sweeper.

either way, i'm confident of the 3 points.

I want to trust Oto, but the last time I saw Kapsis play at Ioannina he looked heavy, slow, and out of sorts. I hope he has been much better since then or it might be a long game for us.

Also, the formation looks more like a 4-4-2. Gianakopoulos usualy plays closer to midfield and becomes the third forward for as long as his legs hold him.

Today's reports say that Delas and Haristeas are ready to play so I think Oto will lineup

---------------Nikopolidis--------------

Seitaridis--Delas--Kyriakos--Fyssas

---------------Katsouranis-------------

Torosidis-----Karagounis---Gianakopoulos

---------Haristeas------Gekas-----------

Our left wing is pushing 67 cumulative years with just two players :rolleyes:

Good luck to Hellas. I hope it's a good game.

Archived