Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Greece - Turkey

dark_horse

Believe me I have read all the posts relating to this topic before I have even sent my reply.

However you guys took it to the political level with posters of Kemal Ataturk, since 1453 and other effigies which were bound to cause the reaction.

You achieved this and the reaction from Greeks was only expected. Your reaction was expected as well but then comments and pictures got out of hand. Instead of a football debate we trangressed back 600 years.

Did you see any posters of Greeks with victory of 1821, did you see any pictures of Greece standing on the Turkish flag, did you see any pictures of Megas Alexandros kicking ass, did you see any pictures of the 300 Spartans kicking ass.

And lastly did you see any posts of the 1.50 million Armenians killed in that act of genocide.

What you did see were people with the Byzantine emblem, the map of Cyprus etc

in the stadium

As I said this game for Greece was played to close to an emotional day in there history and Turkey scored from their chances and we didn't. Football is a simple game.

I think both teams will qualify even though Greece still has to come and play in Turkey.

JUST KEEP THIS site TO FOOTBALL. KEEP POLITICS TO ANOTHER

Did you see the banner(or placard, pancard..i dont know whichever is the right word :P) in yesterday's match? Which says GAY Ataturk!?

What's that? Tell me about it! As I say it before 1453 was just a joke. If score wouldnt be 1-4 I wouldnt even right that too ;)

Reasonable Greeks didnt answer but the ones who is fanatic and hates Turkiye responded in a bad way.

There was not even a poster of Ataturk before drakos sweared to him!

Notice that all people who attacked to this forum was after that post! And they repond to those who sweared to Ataturk and Turkiye in the way they deserved!

If you read all of my messages I am sure that u didnt see any bad word against Greeks or to ur country!

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I did not see the banner. If Ataturk was gay, who cares. That was his sexual preference.

They say Jesus Christ had a child fathered by Mary Magdelena. Who knows. They say Mao Tse Tung never washed for a year and had many willing women. Do you see the Chinese wanting to kill Westerners for this comment.

You know this is what is wrong with Muslim people in the world. If we say something meant in humour we are insulting their people, faith and religion. We are blasphemers and infidels.

Muslim people need to relax. Not all things in life are so serious.

ANYWAY LETS KEEP THIS TO FOOTBALL.

I predict Greece will beat Malta and Turkey may struggle to beat Norway.

I never said this earlier with all the turkish flamers but congratulations to the Turkey team. They played smart and deserve the win.

I have said this before and I don't have a problem with saying this here, but TURKEY IS THE BEST FOOTBALLING COUNTRY IN ASIA!

Whatever you offered Nikopolidis did the trick.

In this post I want to thank all th people who, despite the tension and pressure of the day managed to keep a conversation.

I know its not easy for both sides ...

Right now I have a business emergency... and I cannot sit here and lose 5 hours reading all those pages and edit and delete and ban ...

But I will... slowly... I promise you this ...

This will get locked ...

Followup discussion can continue in a new thread if you want ...

But this will close and I will read it word for word. Then I will reopen it and merge it with whatever new thread is on ...

I am dissapointed with many and also amazed by the maturity of many (and some I did not expect also and I thank them for that.

---

After a fast reading ...

Fenerbahce and Drako ... you are here for long enough to know better .

Fener, you were so anxious to go sour that you went sloppy... dont try to excuse silly choises ... just know that this behaviour is not accepted even if provoked.

Drako, you of all people! You had more frindly chat with our Turkish members than anyone! Since the start of the game you were pinching the emotions to errupt with small of serious comments ... I am dissapointed man ...

Anyway ... you both dont need anyone to tell you what to do. You are here for long and we all know you...

Put yout minds down PM eachother and evade this unstoppable circle of stupidity that may have gone out of ballance inthe heat of the game but does not need to keep being spinned uncontrollably...

Enough with the immaturity...

To the Turkish Users who entered the forum just to sware and tease ...

Farewell...

To the Turkish NT ... Welldone for a great win.

To the Greek fans on the Stands ... and the ones responsible for the match ... SHAME on some of you!

To the GReek NT ... there are no words ! Shame!

To the Greek fans who held up the Greek Flag with pride and honor and showed that they can appreciate a fair win and applayde ... Well Done ... Pitty your bravey did not have good representatives on the pitch...

Akritis_1944

Special Notice for you

I dont care what a one time visitor Turk says ... he will be dealt accordingly...

But you?

Swaring even at their Prophet! ...

Shame!

Ellines had this Civilization becasue they TOUGHT Humanity the value of an OPEN Mind man !

Consider this as a very serious Warning!

A very serious one!

You wont be allowed even a spelling mistake form now on !

:nono:

Archived