Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Greece - Turkey

dark_horse

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you drunk? Are you sure you have seen Parker playing recently?

What I don't understand is why Greece doesn't play in the Olympic stadium...

Scott Parker has been excellent, but why bother getting into a conversation with someone that think Emre is world class? :huh:

As for the Olympic Stadium, there is a running track around the pitch so the Karaiskaki has a more intimate atmosphere.

@ Olympiakosboy, its wrong to say we want more 'hooligans', there shouldn't actually be any violence (esp as international eyes will be watching, we aren't the barbarians that they are) HOWEVER the threat of violence might be useful ;) Just compare the atmposphere at Olympiakos games to ethniki games (I use Olympiakos because its the same stadium) and there is no comparison.

Examples:

Olympiakos versus Valencia before the game:

(the Valencia warm-up):

(teams entrance):

Compared to when the ethniki play: <_<

(clip shows the fans before the game when Greece played the Ukraine):

Its like its a different stadium! I know if I was an opponent which atmosphere I'd be more comfortable playing in.

Are you drunk? Are you sure you have seen Parker playing recently?

What I don't understand is why Greece doesn't play in the Olympic stadium...

Scott Parker has been excellent, but why bother getting into a conversation with someone that think Emre is world class? :huh:

As for the Olympic Stadium, there is a running track around the pitch so the Karaiskaki has a more intimate atmosphere.

@ Olympiakosboy, its wrong to say we want more 'hooligans', there shouldn't actually be any violence (esp as international eyes will be watching, we aren't the barbarians that they are) HOWEVER the threat of violence might be useful ;) Just compare the atmposphere at Olympiakos games to ethniki games (I use Olympiakos because its the same stadium) and there is no comparison.

Examples:

Olympiakos versus Valencia before the game:

(the Valencia warm-up):

(teams entrance):

Compared to when the ethniki play: <_<

(clip shows the fans before the game when Greece played the Ukraine):

Its like its a different stadium! I know if I was an opponent which atmosphere I'd be more comfortable playing in.

File, exeis dikio. Simfono 100%

(ps - the chances we missed in the game with Ukraine :huh: )

If the game was played overseas then the diaspora would be a hell of a lot more nationalistic

Totally agree, it's the expatriots that are the most nationalistic. It takes a lot more effort to maintain your culture when you live abroad, we appreciate it more than those in Greece.

yea mate fill karaiskaki up with agro males, perhaps make it illegal for ticket holders to have sex 4 days before the game so the 35000 odd are pumped and really pissed off they havent got any pussy for a while. but i will add that the key is the attack on the turks hotel, i know ive saidit a million times but this is the best way to help our ethniki.

yea mate fill karaiskaki up with agro males, perhaps make it illegal for ticket holders to have sex 4 days before the game so the 35000 odd are pumped and really pissed off they havent got any pussy for a while. but i will add that the key is the attack on the turks hotel, i know ive saidit a million times but this is the best way to help our ethniki.

great plan- wait i have a better one.

we invade turkey, claim it as our own and then they cant possibly beat us because theyll be working for us!

Guest Protathlitis7

Will any Turks be coming to Athens?

hope they are because having about 40 (there is usually about only 40 away fans in Karaiskaki because its a small capacity) will liven up the rest of the crowd and make it more hostile

Hope to see Xrysh aygh there even if they are banned and many of them have no brains :tup:

Guest Protathlitis7

Karaiskaki is a small stadium and so away fans get few fans. I think the FIFA regulation is 5% of capacity. same at osfp games. I agree, the more the better though.

THESE ARE THE FANS WE WANT. APOEL OEOE. Look at the respect the commentator has for the anthem ony being sung by fans :nw:

• 2 weeks later...

Greece will win but it wont be easy game it depends how they wil approach the game, if they approach it like the Norway game especially they way they played in the first half then we will win, and by the way i still think Norway are the real threat in this group ;)

Tuncay will be a danger but not because he's a class act but because he comes to life in European matches, esp for the NT. Emre is overrated?? that's the very very first time I hear that but hearing it from you makes a bit sense anyway :P (--just kidding--). But if Tuncay scores against Greece he will probably have his typical goal celebration (the typical gesture of silencing the crowd). I hope it won't create any political tensions between Greece and Turkey then.. (again, just kidding) :P

Don't forget about your striker who plays for Zenit St. Petersburg, Fatih Tekke. He's a real goal prediator inside the 18 yard box. That would make the Greek defensive assignment even tougher. :huh:

Greece will win but it wont be easy game it depends how they wil approach the game, if they approach it like the Norway game especially they way they played in the first half then we will win, and by the way i still think Norway are the real threat in this group ;)

Norway still has plenty to play for, that 1-0 loss to Greece has not stop them from QUALIFYING. Keep in mind that Norway plays Turkey (in Frankfurt) 4 days after the Greece - Turkey game. We need to keep a close eye on that game. ;)

Very good point by DarkHorse. Norway must win their game against turkey to return to the contest. So even in case we draw the Turks, we can still hope for first place at the end of day 5.

Turkey is a very good team this time around. I've seen their game. They are lethal upfront. A victory against them in March would seal first place for us in the Group, but a draw would not be a disaster.

At the end of qualifying day 5 I would fancy us at the top of this group :gr: , I think Norway know what their game is all about and they will crack the Turks at home.

Until march there is plenty of time...

happy new year to everyone

• 3 weeks later...

We need to field the best squad possible, sure we only have 2 1/2 months to go for the ethniki to prepare themselves for there big match. If I we're Otto, I would have this in my lineup.

--------------------------- Nikopolidis --------------------------------

Fyssas ---------- Kyrigakos ------------------ Dellas ---------------- Seitaridis

Giannakopoulos --------- Karagounis ----------- Basinas ---------- Katsouranis

----------------- Liberopoulos ------------------ Samaras ----------------------

I swear he better NOT put Vyntras in there :angry:

-----------------------------------------Nikopolidis------------------------------------------

Seitaridis-----------------------Patsa-------------Kyriakos-------------------------Fyssas

Giannakopoulos------------Basinas----------------Katsouranis--------------Karagounis

-------------------------------Lybe---------------------Gekas-------------------------------

Surely we must have a better choice than Stelios the man has not played a full 90 in who knows how long. He will become the new Tsartas, OFFENCE OFF THE BENCH.

I am a Stelios fan, but I also believe you must play for your club side, do any other countries have rsv's on club teams as starters for their NATIONAL team.

I am more comfortable with DELLAS or Tavlaridis and push Patsa to the right side mid looked good there with Seitaridis behind him. Him and Giourkas will drive the left back crazy.

Surely we must have a better choice than Stelios the man has not played a full 90 in who knows how long. He will become the new Tsartas, OFFENCE OFF THE BENCH.

I am a Stelios fan, but I also believe you must play for your club side, do any other countries have rsv's on club teams as starters for their NATIONAL team.

I am more comfortable with DELLAS or Tavlaridis and push Patsa to the right side mid looked good there with Seitaridis behind him. Him and Giourkas will drive the left back crazy.

I agree file that the ideal right side would be Seitaridis and Patsa but we disagree on the centre-back position. I dont trust Tavlaridis or Dellas anymore. If Kapsis was fully fit I'd drop Stelio but not with Dellas (no pace or mobility) and Tavlaridis (too volatile).

Archived