Phantis Forums

Greek Channels leaving Dish Network

UPDATE: GIGI25 confirms watching MEGA on DIRECTV.

----- Original Message ----

To: Chris Papas <[email protected]>

Sent: Monday, December 4, 2006 10:19:40 AM

Subject: Re: MEGA on DirecTV ( From Phantis Sports Club Forums )

Thank you Chris,

I will post a correction, while I still hope God does not start messing with a-la-carte satellite business  :whistle:  :nw:

Best Regards

Harlem Reporter

----- Original Message ----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Sunday, December 3, 2006 9:00:40 PM

Subject: Re: MEGA on DirecTV ( From Phantis Sports Club Forums )

My dear Harlem,I am watching MEGA cosmos on DirecTV,channel 2162 and I can

get it A-la-carte,thank God!!!!!

By the way I don't care how you get your info, this is not my Bussiness but

giving out false info it's totally unprofessional.

Good day!!!!!!!!

gigi25

>From: reporter harlem <[email protected]>

>To: Phantis Sports Club Forums <[email protected]>

>Subject: Re: MEGA on DirecTV ( From Phantis Sports Club Forums )

>Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 00:22:37 -0800 (PST)

>

>GIGI25,

>

>how do we know is another story. Are you watching the MEGA COSMOS signal or

>some other Directv channel?

>

>Best

that is the same person who contacted sending private messages to the people who replied on this thread

she works for GLOBESTAR

she uses the name GIGI25 registered DEC 2 on phantis

also chris papas

also november 117

look at my post above

LOSERS

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well ANT1 alacarte is back on NOW TELL them to make a package for only ERTSAT and ANT1 for 23.00.

and drop everything else

YOUR VOICE COUNTS

voice counts ONLY if heard by the right people:

:bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :band: :argue:

For the Attention of

Charlie Ergen

C/O

[email protected]

For the Attention of

Crhistos Panagopoulos

C/O

[email protected]

For the Attention of

Christos Lambrakis

Elias Tsigas

Yiorgos Vardinoyiannis

Yiorgos Bobolas

Fotis Bobolas

Stavros Psycharis

C/O

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

For the Attention of Minos Kyriakou

Theorore Kyriakou

C/O

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

The right messages to the decision makers, that could make a difference, otherwise, a few years from now, we will be talking about the same "level of respect for subscribers"

Hi everyone...I just joined the group. I have been reading this topic since Friday, when my Mega Channel was abruptly cut off around 4pm. I googled "Mega, Direct TV, Dish Network" and it gave me this topic. Anyway, I called Direct TV that night, and ordered Mega, since I watch it. They are currently here at my house, installing all the necessary equipment. To everyone that thinks that Mega is still not working on Direct TV, when mine is up, I will take a picture and post. (Hopefully it should work... B))

Anyway, I look forward to posting in other parts of this forum too, since I like Greek sports. Funny how Greek Channel search brought me to a nice Greek Sports forum. :D

Hi everyone...I just joined the group. I have been reading this topic since Friday, when my Mega Channel was abruptly cut off around 4pm. I googled "Mega, Direct TV, Dish Network" and it gave me this topic. Anyway, I called Direct TV that night, and ordered Mega, since I watch it. They are currently here at my house, installing all the necessary equipment. To everyone that thinks that Mega is still not working on Direct TV, when mine is up, I will take a picture and post. (Hopefully it should work... B))

Anyway, I look forward to posting in other parts of this forum too, since I like Greek sports. Funny how Greek Channel search brought me to a nice Greek Sports forum. :D

More than funny, it was a bit clairvoyant that somebody who hadn't read that forum suddenly lost Dish Network and yet knew to include in the google search "Directv" to find Mega.

I have a question for the knowledgeable ......I saw on radiofono.gr that someone was broadcasting Mega Cosmos through SOPCAST. I am not sure if they will keep doing that since it moved to Direct tv, but, if they did and if we connect a laptop to the tv through an S video cable for example, can we tape it using a VCR?????

Harlem, paizeis me ton pono mas......simera exei vera, 50/50 kai 2 meres mono....eimaste se katastasi ektaktou anagis  :)  (pwpw mourmoura sto spiti apopse....)

Kerk,

sorry, I meant no harm, you know what the "caw playing ball" was about.

20+ years of marriage have made me into fully understanding and respecting and avoiding issues that cause krevatomourmoura.

The programs of MEGA are good and I like the news a lot.

but, what can I tell you, it seems like another dish on the roof coming- the only choice for quite a few

More than funny, it was a bit clairvoyant that somebody who hadn't read that forum suddenly lost Dish Network and yet knew to include in the google search "Directv" to find Mega.

No doubt, I find the ordeal hillarious actually, considering what some steps people are willing to take.

It seems we've been infiltrated by the Mega Cosmos propagandists substantially, here to push their own interests.

No doubt, I find the ordeal hillarious actually, considering what some steps people are willing to take.

It seems we've been infiltrated by the Mega Cosmos propagandists substantially, here to push their own interests.

I found out it went to Direct TV through 2 sources. 1, I was talking to my buddy in NYC via AIM, and he found out from somewhere (dont know where), so I checked the Direct TV site, and it was there. Then I googled to see about anymore news. Picture coming shortly with the screen shot.

I just sent the following email to some people at MegaTV and Globestar. Thanks for the contact info, this whole thing really pisses me off.

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]

Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 11:05 AM

Subject: Fw: Mega Cosmos

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]

Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 10:56 AM

Subject: Mega Cosmos

Dear Globestar and associates,

I think that the recent decision to remove Mega Cosmos from Dish NEtwork was one that was conducted in haste and not very clearly thought out. You have treated your loyal viewers very badly. These are Greeks, many of which who are elderly, who have enjoyed your programming and either don't want to keeps switching providers or even more likely, who are locked into contracts with Dish network and couldn't switch even if they wanted to. Furthermore, you have created a situation where Greeks abroad must now chose between Dish and Directv and must give up some of thier favorite programming. I do not see why Mega cannot be offered on both Dish and Directv if your company is so eager to change things. I would have respected the decision had you decided to offer your channel on two platforms...this would create true competition. Please reconsider and take all sides into consideration, not just your pocketbooks. The real losers here are your former loyal viewers, the Greek-Americans, all of which were unaware of your intentions to abandon them until you were gone. The Greek American consumers are way too easily offended to go racing over to DirecTV for one lousy channel. They certainly won't pay $15 for one poor-quality, limited bandwidth channel when they could get an HBO movie package in HD for less. I, for one, will not switch platforms and, in fact, may chose not to subscribe to Mega ever again even when the DirecTV experiment fails and they return to Dish. This is just another example of blatant corporate greed and unfortunately, all my older relatives and friends are the ones who have to pay for it. I am a popular Greek singer and musician in Southern California and I will make sure to tell all of my family, friends, and fans to boycott DirecTV and Globestar until they learn to treat thier clients with respect.

Peter Deneff

I found out it went to Direct TV through 2 sources. 1, I was talking to my buddy in NYC via AIM, and he found out from somewhere (dont know where), so I checked the Direct TV site, and it was there. Then I googled to see about anymore news. Picture coming shortly with the screen shot.
Entaxei Grk101 or November 117 or Chris Papas or GIGI22. There are quite a few people around who recognize the lady who distinctively salutes " Good Day!!!!!!!".

I have a question for the knowledgeable ......I saw on radiofono.gr that someone was broadcasting Mega Cosmos through SOPCAST. I am not sure if they will keep doing that since it moved to Direct tv, but, if they did and if we connect a laptop to the tv through an S video cable for example, can we tape it using a VCR?????

As said earlier the people that use to stream Mega Cosmos used to get the Free-To-Air version off AMC12 Satellite now that is encrypted on there there is no way to get it free anymore

Even www.greekiptv.com has stopped streaming it cause of this LOL :)

Quote from there site : " Dec 1 2006 9:00PM EST MegaCosmos has interrupted the North American transfer feed without notice. We are installing new hardware to link into the transatlantic transfer signal. Your connection will resume within 24-72 hours "

Got news for him that was the only Free-To-Air feed that was available over the US there is no such " transatlantic transfer signal " as he calls it

I emailed DISH on Friday night.No response.Of course what I wrote to them wasn't very nice.They share as much blame as the Globestar bums.DISH didn't even have the courtesy to inform their customers MEGA was being removed on November 30.The December statements for their super duper Greek package for $56.99 were already in the mail when they knew MEGA was leaving.The statement arrived today :nono:

mega cosmos does not care for its subscribers that much should be apparant even to the blinded. this is all a ploy for the sake of DAMAGE CONTROL, that much should be evident.

H ert den pigenei pouthena gia thn wra, tha mporei na ta vgalei pera sto directTV to mega xwris tous duo megalous ?

:LOL:

mega cosmos does not care for its subscribers that much should be apparant even to the blinded. this is all a ploy for the sake of DAMAGE CONTROL, that much should be evident.

H ert den pigenei pouthena gia thn wra, tha mporei na ta vgalei pera sto directTV to mega xwris tous duo megalous ?

:LOL:

ama afto einai damage control... tin katsane tin varka

vrike leie sto google tin directv kai to mega alla xerei to satleo, to opoio grafei gia to Mega/Directv edo kai mia vdomada :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

kai i koroidia exei ta oria tis

kanena tileoptiko meso pou sevetai ton eafto tou kai pouthena ston kosmo den agnoei merikes dekades xiliades spitia pou to parakolouthoun- stin xeiroteri periptosi exasfalizei mia metavatiki periodo

ama afto einai damage control... tin katsane tin varka

vrike leie sto google tin directv kai to mega alla xerei to satleo, to opoio grafei gia to Mega/Directv edo kai mia vdomada :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite: 

kai i koroidia exei ta oria tis

Yes, it is funny how MEGA does not send out a single announcement ahead of the move in order to show it cares even a little bit for its viewers, but now suddenly all these Johnny-come-latelys register last minute and post about how great Mega is. I too have gotten these spam e-mails from GIGI22 and some others. I guess that is how much their PR budget can afford. :LOL:

Those e-mails to satleo seem to be more for the benefit of Greeks back home rather than Greeks living in the USA. That ludicrous $9.99 price for MEGA quoted (including a conversion to Euro) takes the cake.

Den eimaste Amerikanakia kyrioi toy MEGA, Globestar, kai tsirakia sas. :rolleyes:

Archived