Phantis Forums

Greek Channels leaving Dish Network

I e-mailed Dish Network asking them if Mega was going to be removed effective 12/01/2006 and they replied by saying the following:

"Thank you for your email. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please be advised that the Greek Language channels will not be removed from your programming line up."

Now this is from the horse's mouth, I don't know if Mega will be carried on Direct TV, but it's pretty clear that it will not be removed from the Dish Network Greek Language line up.

they told you that it will not affect your Greek language channels... they're right... ask them to be specific on MEGA & then see their reaction....
Here's my inquiry to them, I think it's pretty clear I'm inquiring specifically about Mega:

"Is it true that programming for MEGA COSMOS, which is part of the Greek Language channel package, will stop on December 1, 2006. I have learned through some Greek Websites that the channel will be moving to Direct TV. If this occurs, will there be another Greek channel taking its place? will our billing be decreased to account for the removal of the channel?"

Good wording. I am anxious to hear what they will say in writing. On the phone with them earlier today they stated that the channel will be offered in December as well. They told me they know one month in advance if a channel will be removed, so she couldn't offer any info beyond that, but she has no such info for Mega Cosmos for the month of December. Now that is good news, except these are the same people who didn't know what their own website advertised when the Greek Super Package with ANT1 Gold and the rest came on.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not trust Dish Network's customer support. I think they genuinely don't know until everything is final and they they get a memo (sometimes a few days later).

Last September I spoke to them several times regarding my old Greek Language pack that I've had for two years. They assured me that my package would not change. A couple of days later, wham!, without warning my channels changed. I called to find out what happened, and complained bitterly why I was not told in advance, and that's when they said that they were not sorry, and that they can change the packages and the lineups whenever they want (it's somewhere in the papers we signed and agreed - I am sure you all read them :) ) and that they don't have to give advanced warning.

They also said that they have nothing to do with the lineups and packages. It's all up to the Greek satellite provider they said . When I ask them to tell me who the provider is, they refused to tell me.

Soooo, the way they are going, they will relieve me from one major monthly bill, and will help me lighten my roof from one ugly dish. Something tells me I am not the only one that's a little upset about all this :whistle:

I would not trust Dish Network's customer support. I think they genuinely don't know until everything is final and they they get a memo (sometimes a few days later).

True. Then again, I just called Directv to ask about Greek programming and Mega Cosmos in particular, and they told me they currently don't have it.

True. Then again, I just called Directv to ask about Greek programming and Mega Cosmos in particular, and they told me they currently don't have it.
well, it is official: there is no more Mega on Dish

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/program...guageType=Greek

Ha, ha,

the Greek "super package" is gone just like that!

Take a look at the Ant1 plus 2 package. All the Mega insignia is gone, but the text reads: "Added to the great variety in the Antenna Package is your choice of any two of our other Greek Language video services, ERT Sat, MEGA Cosmos or Alter Globe."

1-800-directtv :tup:

Well, not just yet.

It's gonna take a lot more than just Mega to get me to switch. If we get to a point where there is Alpha, Star, Mega, Mad World, and Alter on Directv and ANT1, ANT1 Gold, BLUE, ERT World and the Radio Stations on Dish, then things get tough. For the time being, I believe only those who already had directv will get Mega. I doubt someone will leave all these other channels just for Mega.

I am not switching either. At least not yet. I want to see how Dish will handle this situation. They have to change the packages. Since I have the Antenna + 2 package (ERT-World/Mega), I see them replacing Mega with Alter for now.

I know several people that will not be very happy tommorrow, including my wife. I would hope that some of those people would call Dish and let them have a piece of their mind on how they treated this situation.

I am not switching either. At least not yet. I want to see how Dish will handle this situation. They have to change the packages. Since I have the Antenna + 2 package (ERT-World/Mega), I see them replacing Mega with Alter for now.

I know several people that will not be very happy tommorrow, including my wife. I would hope that some of those people would call Dish and let them have a piece of their mind on how they treated this situation.

Yep, Dish has shown their sub-standard customer service once again. If it weren't for the Greek channels, I would never look twice at these bozos. My cable company, with all the local channels, is fine for me.

If we get to a point where there is Alpha, Star, Mega, Mad World, and Alter on Directv and ANT1, ANT1 Gold, BLUE, ERT World and the Radio Stations on Dish, then things get tough.

I think Star & Alpha will be added next and then Alter will follow in a few months. Of course that may change, still have not received an answer from DKSat, to my question of when Star & Alpha are coming or if they are coming?? Things can change from one day to the next so anything can happen.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

No word yet on Mega being removed so I assume it still up on Dishnet?

:gr:

Responce that i got from Dishnetwork.

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond Dish Network's control, Mega Cosmos has decided to discontinue its business relationship with us and is no longer available. At this time, we don't know where Mega Cosmos is being offered. We apologize for any inconvenience

Responce that i got from Dishnetwork.

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond Dish Network's control, Mega Cosmos has decided to discontinue its business relationship with us and is no longer available. At this time, we don't know where Mega Cosmos is being offered. We apologize for any inconvenience

they are lying AGAIN,how low can they go....

they did it with lifetime oln and 3 days ago with all the pappas stations.

i guess this is the only way they know how to operate.

i support MEGA and i hope ertsat moves to directv and mr ergen and kyriakou they can have all the greek subs they want then ....

I'm very disappointed that they lied to me when I specifically asked if they were losing the channel. It will be interesting to see how much of Dish Network's customer base is Greek and how many people will leave because of this. The bottom line is this guys, they still get to keep the channels that broadcast soccer and this is the reason they will keep most of us as customers. I mean it hurts to loose MEGA, but ANT and ERT would have hurt more.

this is their latest scam tactic.....they defy anyone including fcc, judge orders

an example below explains everything what they did when the judge ordered them

to remove all distant locals.........

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?...7088&highlight=

and here is what CBS did

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p...941&postcount=1

and here is what the company NPS did

http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=7367...05&postcount=28

MAKE YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS

well this greek gave it to them MEGALE

http://www.elpasotimes.com/breakingnews/ci_4746202

Ok, here is the addition of Mega on the Direct Tv website

http://www.directtv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/ch...assetId=3030009

Its so funny how fast everything happened... and a lot of people have no idea about it yet... It will be interesting when all of the sudden at 12:01 Mega will stop working....

So, we have to register to one of those 3 packages to get Mega for an additional $14.99. So, most likely if we get the cheapest ($9.99) with taxes it would be about $32.

DIRECTV® BASIC ($9.99/mo.)

DIRECTV PREFERRED CHOICE™ programming package ($29.99/mo.)

any DIRECTV base programming package (valued at $29.99/mo. or above)

And if you want to have Ant1, Ert and Alter it would be about $48 per month. Total of $80 per month. If people want to save some money then the only choice would be to leave out Alter. That way, you can end up paying $38 for Dish and $32 for Direct Tv. Total of $70.

Ok, here is the addition of Mega on the Direct Tv website

http://www.directtv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/ch...assetId=3030009

Its so funny how fast everything happened... and a lot of people have no idea about it yet... It will be interesting when all of the sudden at 12:01 Mega will stop working....

So, we have to register to one of those 3 packages to get Mega for an additional $14.99. So, most likely if we get the cheapest ($9.99) with taxes it would be about $32.

I havent lost signal yet.... Has anybody else, living in the us, still has Mega?

I still have it. I am sure they have just forgotten to switch it off, but it will happen soon. Does anyone with Directv have Mega already on their screens?

what sports are they going to air? there is a sports reference on Mega currently, what is it about?

Wouldn't it be interesting if Mega was able to secure the rights to the matches involving the Greek National Team?? I wonder if that would cause a few heads to turn and maybe shift more people over to their side ;)

This is just my OPINION so don't ask how do you know this or where's the proof. I am just speculating, since ERT has basketball and soccer league games as well as the odd other sport, this is the only thing that is missing and would add serious value to their channel. Maybe a deal with Setanta for the Greek language rights can be worked out, who knows? UEFA Champions League is another possibility but I personally would be more interested in the Ethniki than Champions League or UEFA Cup matches.

We will see if this reference to sports, you saw, actually means anything.

:gr:

Archived