Phantis Forums

Greek Channels leaving Dish Network

ERT Sat , Antenna, Mega were talking to some cable com, like Cablevision in the NY area some time a go.

Verizon ?? these guys are 2 to 3 years away from starting there video serves.

Cable com, are focusing on HDTV LITE not on International channels these days.

DKSat

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ERT Sat , Antenna, Mega were talking to some cable com, like Cablevision in the NY area some time a go.

Verizon ?? these guys are 2 to 3 years away from starting there video serves.

Cable com, are focusing on HDTV LITE not on International channels these days.

DKSat

Verizon has tv service in some locations.

Frankly, I'm looking at it now as costs savings for me and stupidity for the channel providors. They'll be begging dishnetwork to come back in a few years.

Frankly, I'm looking at it now as costs savings for me and stupidity for the channel providors.  They'll be begging dishnetwork to come back in a few years.

Are the Sports the undisputed King of TV?

Is Soccer the King of Kings in Sports?

Is the Man of the Family "washing his dishes with hot water"? (...and not still with cold :P ... as the joke goes)

If the answer to all three questions is yes, then gyros might prove to be absolutely right much sooner that anybody would expect

I went yesterday checking out Dishnetwork and Direct TV websites and i could still find Mega Cosmos available for Dish and nothing about Greek channel at Direct TV :blink: anybody any info??

polla paramuthia mas lete re paidia. Siga min fugoune ta ellinika kanalia apo to Dish Network, afou einai to mono pou exei international channels. Ta mousia pou lete apodeiknuete apo to gegonos oti kai perisu legate oti o Alpha Tv tha xekinage apo ton dekembrio, mexri kai imerominia deinate. STAMATHSTE NA TROMOKRATHTE TON KOSMO ME TIS PAPARIES SAS. AMAN PIA NISAFI.

Direct TV has international programming also just not (or i could not find yesterday and today)Greek package or any Greek channels.I hope they all stay with Dish but propably we got to wait untill friday....

polla paramuthia mas lete re paidia. Siga min fugoune ta ellinika kanalia apo to Dish Network, afou einai to mono pou exei international channels. Ta mousia pou lete apodeiknuete apo to gegonos oti kai perisu legate oti o Alpha Tv tha xekinage apo ton dekembrio, mexri kai imerominia deinate. STAMATHSTE NA TROMOKRATHTE TON KOSMO ME TIS PAPARIES SAS. AMAN PIA NISAFI.

Etouti fora tha geini, den diavaseies tipota?? Afou grapsane merki oti peiran to DirecTV kai tous epe oti to Mega tha paei ekei, ti allo theleis gia na pistepsies?? Partous ki esu na theis ti tha sou poune, ti allo na poume ;)

Well its Monday and the dishnetwork website has nothing about mega leaving. Hmm. You would think they would pull it off their website if they were going to leave in a few days.

Dish usually makes changes (adding new channels or removing existing ones) to their line-up on Wednesday and sometimes Thursday. So wait until Thursday then you will see if Mega will be removed. And as I said before I don't see them announcing anything, even though they probably should?!

Well its Monday and the dishnetwork website has nothing about mega leaving.  Hmm.  You would think they would pull it off their website if they were going to leave in a few days.

Dish network has bigger problems on Dec 1 with many of its customers losing their distant networks. Losing Mega is probably like a drop in the bucket for them. Plus, they have a history of ignoring bad news. When they lost the lawsuit to TIVO, they didn't say a word about how they will have to eventually incapacitate all their DVRs. As I stated before, what I don't get is why MEGA doesn't have some crawl of "moving to Directv" or something like that.

I HAVE BOTH  :tup:

But will I need to get a new dish from Direct TV to watch Mega?

good question. anybody knows the answer?
Olympiakosboy, I think you gonna need an additional dish :tdown: :huh: ;) , if I judge from the Directv announcement below for the Polish channels.

And, judging again from the story below, it seems that the announcement about MEGA will come one day before, so look for news on Thursday

http://www.skyreport.com/#Story4

DIRECTV Expands International Ops

America's largest satellite company is expanding its international programming thanks to the former satellite state of the Soviet Union. This week, DIRECTV said its international programming platform WorldDIRECT is bringing Poland into subscriber homes across the U.S. with its new Polish-language programming tiers - PolishDIRECT and PolishDIRECT II.

DIRECTV said its new packages offer a full lineup of leading Polish-language video and radio programming. Beginning tomorrow, the PolishDIRECT tier will be available for $21.99 a month and include TV Polonia, TVP3 and Polskie Radio 1 and 3. The company said customers can also subscribe to PolishDIRECT II - available for $29.99 - which includes the aforementioned channels and Tele5.

The company said its new Polish programming bloc is designed to serve the traditional Polish culture of more than 650,000 Polish-speaking Americans in the U.S.

WorldDIRECT customers must first subscribe to a DIRECTV programming package and will need a separate satellite dish capable of receiving both international and English-language programming. The WorldDIRECT platform has launched 46 channels in several foreign-languages including Arabic, Russian, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Bengali, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Korean, Italian and Ukrainian. For more information on the Polish channels, visit DIRECTV.com

Meta apo afti tin anakoinosi, oloi prepei na to pistepsoume... An kai tha einai pragmatiko sok gia aftous pou den diavazoun afto to forum, kai gia aftous pou den diavasan to www.satleo.gr

Teleios antiepaggelmatiki simperifora apo to Dish network, pou tha gemisoun tilefonimata stis 1 dekemvriou apo thimomenous pelates, kai polli gkrinia eno tha mporousan na to diaxeiristoun me mia apli anakoinosi.

Oxi pos me tin anakoinosi den tha dexontousan gkrinia, alla toulaxiston tha elatonotan kapos, kai tha eixan ena patima....

Alla ti na peis, monopolio einai afto....

I just called Dish network to ask about Mega cosmos and and they told me that they will continue to have that channel available(they have a new offer also about it) and if there is going to be a change that we would be notified. :blink:What the f..k???Could they be so ignorant about it?

O kirios Karantonis ithela na matho pou pire oles auftes tis plirofories kai tis egrapse sto Satleo distixos apo to Phantis Club.

Ama ixe pliroforis oti to Mega tha pigene sto Directv giati den to egrafe merikes eudomades protou sto Satleo

Mega and Directv is being in the works for the pass 10 months and it became reality.

DKSat

I e-mailed Dish Network asking them if Mega was going to be removed effective 12/01/2006 and they replied by saying the following:

"Thank you for your email. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please be advised that the Greek Language channels will not be removed from your programming line up."

Now this is from the horse's mouth, I don't know if Mega will be carried on Direct TV, but it's pretty clear that it will not be removed from the Dish Network Greek Language line up.

I e-mailed Dish Network asking them if Mega was going to be removed effective 12/01/2006 and they replied by saying the following:

"Thank you for your email. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please be advised that the Greek Language channels will not be removed from your programming line up."

Now this is from the horse's mouth, I don't know if Mega will be carried on Direct TV, but it's pretty clear that it will not be removed from the Dish Network Greek Language line up.

they told you that it will not affect your Greek language channels... they're right... ask them to be specific on MEGA & then see their reaction....

they told you that it will not affect your Greek language channels... they're right... ask them to be specific on MEGA & then see their reaction....
Here's my inquiry to them, I think it's pretty clear I'm inquiring specifically about Mega:

"Is it true that programming for MEGA COSMOS, which is part of the Greek Language channel package, will stop on December 1, 2006. I have learned through some Greek Websites that the channel will be moving to Direct TV. If this occurs, will there be another Greek channel taking its place? will our billing be decreased to account for the removal of the channel?"

Archived