Phantis Forums

Greek Channels leaving Dish Network

mega cosmos does not care for its subscribers that much should be apparant even to the blinded. this is all a ploy for the sake of DAMAGE CONTROL, that much should be evident.

H ert den pigenei pouthena gia thn wra, tha mporei na ta vgalei pera sto directTV to mega xwris tous duo megalous ?

:LOL:

ama afto einai damage control... tin katsane tin varka

vrike leie sto google tin directv kai to mega alla xerei to satleo, to opoio grafei gia to Mega/Directv edo kai mia vdomada :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

kai i koroidia exei ta oria tis

kanena tileoptiko meso pou sevetai ton eafto tou kai pouthena ston kosmo den agnoei merikes dekades xiliades spitia pou to parakolouthoun- stin xeiroteri periptosi exasfalizei mia metavatiki periodo

I read about SATLEO through this forum. As I said, I was reading since friday. If you dont beleave my google search, then look for yourself: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=...network&spell=1

The 6th search result down is this forum. This is how I found it. I was pissed off on friday, while watching "Omorfos Kosmos To Proi". Signal got cut off around 4, so I assumed it was the weather and changed it to ERT (it was rain/wind). Around 4:30 I put it back on to watch a Greek show, and the guy with the face that looks like he was mulled (lol) was on TV talking in Greek saying that "it is beyond there own control). I then went on AIM, and was telling my friend about it in NYC. We were both mad. Then after 30 min, he tells me to call Direct TV for MEGA. I checked their site, and it was there.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, very informative topic u got here. i read this on saturday and came back to see what new things were posted. i was really mad when they took out mega and didn't know what was going on until i came here.

i really like mega and i really want it back but can someone tell me for sure if i have to sign a contract with DirecTV with 2 years cause im not sure i wanna do that. if Alpha comes on DirecTV also then ill probably do it but i think ill wait for that before getting DirecTV.

i hate what ANT1 did with taking away all the A-La-Cart options and adding all those useless channels, but mega should have informed us about what was coming.

by the way, why did mega leave DirecTV back in 1997? i think i read somewhere here that both mega and ert were on DirecTV back then. why did they leave?

hey, very informative topic u got here. i read this on saturday and came back to see what new things were posted. i was really mad when they took out mega and didn't know what was going on until i came here.

i really like mega and i really want it back but can someone tell me for sure if i have to sign a contract with DirecTV with 2 years cause im not sure i wanna do that. if Alpha comes on DirecTV also then ill probably do it but i think ill wait for that before getting DirecTV.

i hate what ANT1 did with taking away all the A-La-Cart options and adding all those useless channels, but mega should have informed us about what was coming.

by the way, why did mega leave DirecTV back in 1997? i think i read somewhere here that both mega and ert were on DirecTV back then. why did they leave?

I signed a 1 year contract with DirectTV, (all my equipment is rented) and they "assured me" that Mega will not leave, and I will not be stuck with nothing. I had to buy the 9.99 basic package (a pain...).

well ANT1 alacarte is back on NOW TELL them to make a package for only ERTSAT and ANT1 for 23.00.

and drop everything else

YOUR VOICE COUNTS

voice counts ONLY if heard by the right people:

:bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :band: :argue:

For the Attention of

Charlie Ergen

C/O

[email protected]

For the Attention of

Crhistos Panagopoulos

C/O

[email protected]

For the Attention of

Christos Lambrakis

Elias Tsigas

Yiorgos Vardinoyiannis

Yiorgos Bobolas

Fotis Bobolas

Stavros Psycharis

C/O

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

For the Attention of Minos Kyriakou

Theorore Kyriakou

C/O

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

The right messages to the decision makers, that could make a difference, otherwise, a few years from now, we will be talking about the same "level of respect for subscribers"

I repost the same contact infor for convenience reasons ONLY.

Ziaka, is it possible to add this info in the "Greek TV in the USA"?

SPEAK YOUR MIND TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE : DEMAND RESPECT :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :band: :argue:

"We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this disruption in service may have caused you. Our contract on Dish Network had expired on November 30, 2006.

As of December 1st, 2006 we are broadcasting MEGA Cosmos on DirecTV for $14.99 a month.

This promotion includes up to four free receivers, equipment and installation.

For information please call: 1-800-306-7526 "

We are happy to announce that as of December 1st, 2006 we are broadcasting MEGA Cosmos on DirecTV for $14.99 a month.

ONLY... WOW.... WHAT A BARGAIN

This promotion includes up to four FREE receivers, equipment and installation.

DON'T BE A BIG SPENDER

For information please call:

1-800-306-7526

We will be happy to help you. AT OUR CONVENIENCE,YOU SEE ....WE LIKE YOUR MONEY

SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

WOW........ IT LASTED FOR A WHOLE 2 DAYS

SUCKERS

"We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this disruption in service may have caused you. Our contract on Dish Network had expired on November 30, 2006.

As of December 1st, 2006 we are broadcasting MEGA Cosmos on DirecTV for $14.99 a month.

This promotion includes up to four free receivers, equipment and installation.

For information please call:    1-800-306-7526 "

We are happy to announce that as of December 1st, 2006 we are broadcasting MEGA Cosmos on DirecTV for $14.99 a month.

ONLY... WOW.... WHAT A BARGAIN

This promotion includes up to four FREE receivers, equipment and installation.

DON'T BE A BIG SPENDER

For information please call:

1-800-306-7526

We will be happy to help you. AT OUR CONVENIENCE,YOU SEE ....WE LIKE YOUR MONEY

SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

WOW........ IT LASTED FOR A WHOLE 2 DAYS

SUCKERS

Well....I think it could be an "inconvenience" to some people who follow the shows on Mega. I follow some, and during the weekend missed alittle. Not much, I really dont care. lol. The only one I really did want to see is "Pio Poli Tin Kiriaki" on Sunday night....

I was just watching MEGA, and a notice came up on one of the commercials explaining the DIRECT TV MOVE. They blame Dish Network for all the confusion, and for not "informing its customers of the move". <_<

Why didn't MEGA inform their loyal customers from DISH that their contract with DISH was expiring on November 30 and they were taking their ball to another court just like they are doing now?Too bad the people they need to explain their actions to are not able to watch MEGA anyway.What a bunch of assholes.Typical greek bullshit :gr:

Why didn't MEGA inform their loyal customers from DISH that their contract with DISH was expiring on November 30 and they were taking their ball to another court just like they are doing now?Too bad the people they need to explain their actions to are not able to watch MEGA anyway.What a bunch of assholes.Typical greek bullshit :gr:

maybe DISH wouldnt allow them to advertise the move to their archrival Direct tv ;)

maybe DISH wouldnt allow them to advertise the move to their archrival Direct tv ;)

Nonsense! They can broadcast anything they want, it's their transmission. Like TheScooter said "Typical Greek bullshit". The only people that are going to win in this whole thing are Greeks like my sister who already had DirecTV (either because they didn't realize that they couldn't get Greek channels or didn't care) and can now have Mega if they want. But this is the exception to the rule. 100% of Greek-Americans who watch Greek TV have Dish Network. Dish should have tried harder to keep Mega and Globestar should have had more respect for thier customers...period.

Panagiotis

maybe DISH wouldnt allow them to advertise the move to their archrival Direct tv

According to the article on satleo, Globestar is puttting the blaim on Dish Network, saying that something in the contract they had with Dish prevented them from being able to inform customers of the inpending move. Now, whether this is true or not is anyone's guess. Its possible that there was some kind of clause in the contract, why would Dish want to inform people that they are losing the channel and its going to the competition, so maybe Globestar did have their hands tied?! Of course the question remains why sign such a contract with such a clause or stipulaiton in it? This could just be Globestar trying to cover their tracks, which is what most people will probably believe.

For those who live in the US, is there no greek newspapers that they could have advertised in or perhaps put up flyers in Greek bakeries, restaurants, etc?? This just seems like a pathetic excuse, its 2006 for pete sakes, if Dish would not let them get the message out then find another way to get your message out- its the technology age!!

Here is the part of the article that talks about the contract with Dish being responsible for not informing customers:

Also, interesting that MEGA is saying they have nothing to do with what happened but Dish was giving their number for people to call NOT Globestar's?! This is true, if MEGA sold the distribution rights to Globestar then they are not responsible for whatever happens regarding distribution of the signal, that is Globestar's job. They are only responsible for programming issues.

110% Correct

MEGA would only be responsible for there programming etc

Globestar can sell and distribute MEGA to whoever they want as they are MEGA's reseller/agent for the North American region

Here is the exact annoncment that was on TV (commercial). It can be found at: http://www.megatv.com/cosmos/default.asp

I was looking at the TV Guide online, to check for a show next week. Anyway look what they got to say:

Posted Image

This announcement comes up as the first commercial in Every commerical break. Now the "get free receivers part" and such dosnt make scene to me, since only people who have ordered the channel from direct TV can see the commercial. So they already got a plan....

That message/commercial just came up now also here in Australia on Mega Cosmos LOL

This means that this message was sent to MEGA in Greece and they have inserted it into the stream and that is why its being broadcast everywhere. If Globestar had inserted it then it would only be seen in North America.

This would lend support to their assertion that Dish would not allow them to get this message out. Its possible that they could have blocked this from subscribers so no point then in putting up the notice if the people will not be able to see it?!

I notice it says 'FREE receivers", why don't they give customers 1 month FREE programing as well, for the inconvenience? This may help smooth things over with their customers which right now are really pissed, to say the least. Smart business move IMO, but I am a nobody, they are the the powerful corporation that know how to best treat a customer- right?! :LOL:

According to the article on satleo, Globestar is puttting the blaim on Dish Network, saying that something in the contract they had with Dish prevented them from being able to inform customers of the inpending move.  Now, whether this is true or not is anyone's guess.  Its possible that there was some kind of clause in the contract, why would Dish want to inform people that they are losing the channel and its going to the competition, so maybe Globestar did have their hands tied?!  Of course the question remains why sign such a contract with such a clause or stipulaiton in it?  This could just be Globestar trying to cover their tracks, which is what most people will probably believe.

For those who live in the US, is there no greek newspapers that they could have advertised in or perhaps put up flyers in Greek bakeries, restaurants, etc??  This just seems like a pathetic excuse, its 2006 for pete sakes, if Dish would not let them get the message out then find another way to get your message out- its the technology age!!

Here is the part of the article that talks about the contract with Dish being responsible for not informing customers:

Also, interesting that MEGA is saying they have nothing to do with what happened but Dish was giving their number for people to call NOT Globestar's?!  This is true, if MEGA sold the distribution rights to Globestar then they are not responsible for whatever happens regarding distribution of the signal, that is Globestar's job.  They are only responsible for programming issues.

Unless DISH thought they were going to hash out a last minute agreement.The channel wasn't removed until late Friday afternoon

DISH never censored any programming on MEGA.Even some of the racy scenes from those soap operas which were shown in the middle of the afternoon on the weekends were shown without any interference

When Globestar didn't renew their contract with DISH the clause in their

agreement stipulates that they should give them 30 days notice in writing(which they didn't not) they are not mind readers on what GLOBESTAR has planned,further more

the agreement is still valid for another year,i am sure a lot of you have seen this in a lot of legal documents including leases e.t.c

1.That's why DISH is pursuing this legally

2.There is no stipulation in the contract that you can't insert an ad telling people MEGACOSMOS will cease operation at dishnetwork on november 30th

for more info call our number,but they didn't even know how to cansel their own contract,and like hellas said they are many other ways to get the message out

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK HERE,AT THE TACTICS AND THE MEANS THEY USED

TO UNDO THE DAMAGE

3.the only reason the provider mega from greece got involved,because of the negative phone calls and emails.

4.GLOBESTAR HAD SIGNED AN AGREEMENT WITH DIRECTV WHEN THE OTHER AGREEMENT WAS STILL VALID

5.EVEN ON THE FIRST OF NOVEMBER when supposely GLOBESTAR left DISH

there was nothing on their own site stating that fact,NOT UNTIL SUNDAY the 3rd when they found out about all the negative feedback mainly from here did they insert a mini statement couple words to be exact,which they took down tuesday morning THEY WERE SORRY 2days only..

6.you should know by now who are you dealing with,IGNORANT,OXYMORON,LAZY AND INCOMPETENT,now i don't know about you but i deal with people like that everyday at work and in public but certainely not for someone i pay to provide me with entertainment.

7.SHIFTING THE BLAME only tells you that nobody wants to take the responsibility

it's very convenient to fault someone else....just like little kids ...he did it

DISH NETWORK INCLUDED

8.this is/was your chance to be heard,the person answering the phone, the operator

they are nobodys

MAKE ENOUGH NOISE AND YOU WILL BE HEARD,DO NOTHING THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT COMPLAINING ABOUT ALL THE SHENANNIGANS WITH THE GREEK CHANNELS

I was with an Echostar VP today. Echostar is fully justified in any actions they may take. Furthermore how in the hell did such illiterate, incompetant, ignorant fools get distribution rights for a major Greek broadcast channel baffles me.

Their website says they also distribute Alter Globe....so my guess is there might be a fiasco like this in 2007 again.....

Anyway, I got something amusing to say. People that are addicted to the Greek Soap "Vera Sto Dixi" on Mega, (and do not know about Direct TV) have gone to such lengths as to call relatives in Greece and have them tape it daily, and send it to them. :LOL: :LOL:

HERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY TO GET THE GREEK CHANNELS FROM GREECE DIRECTLY EXACTLY THE SAME WAY THEY WATCH THERE. I WANT TO STRESS OUT I AM NOT AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY WITH THE COMPANY BELOW AND I HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN FROM IT.

100% LEGAL- 100% LEGAL-100%LEGAL

MUST HAVE:

USA-INTERNET CONNECTION BROADBAND-UPLOAD SPEED OF AT LEAST 256kbs

GREECE-SAME AS ABOVE

RELATIVES OR FRIENDS WILLING TO DO THIS FOR YOU UNLESS OF COURSE YOU VISIT GREECE AND DO IT YOURSELF.

PURCHASE A SLINGBOX (you have 2 options)

NTSC BOX the one sold here for about 150.00 or less it works in greece but in the bottom you will loose a tiny bit of the picture because of the difference in the frames per second in pal and ntsc.The box then needs to be connected to an antenna(roof)

nova box or other receiver,however you need to have a seperate one unless you want to watch what your relatives are watching(shows)but you also have control of the remote and you are able to surf channels in your own dining room or pc desk.

PAL BOX sold on pcworld and many other places in europe for about 250 euro.

this box works perfectly,it has digital and analog antenna and you will be able to watch even the new ERT digital channels including the SPOR channel.

THIS IS A STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION

http://www.slingcommunity.com/article/10011/

here is the pal version

http://www.slingmedia.com/uk/slingbox/

and here is one of the places you can get it FOR PAL

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw...sm=null&tm=null

this is a forum the first one dedicated to the slingbox

http://www.slingcommunity.com/

the company that makes it

www.slingmedia.com

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THE SPEED IN GREECE HAS INCREASED DRAMATICALLY

YOU CAN FIND UPLOADS OF 512kbs for around 100 euro a year.

i hope this has been of some help to you.

FREE YOURSELF FROM THE LEECHES

Archived