Phantis Forums

Greek Channels leaving Dish Network

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By free they mean no deposit?  IDK.  I know they give you first receiver free and charge for the second, which brings the total to 30 dollars a month.

so the " four receivers for free" bring the bill to $40 per month? :nono:

to watch mega and how the cow plays ball? :LOL:

I propose a new slogan for better selling:

chrisi vera kai sto dexi kai sto aristero:

toso stoixizei i nea miniaia syndromi tou Mega :king:

Kala - kai afto afora OLA TA ELLINIKA KANALIA- exoun katalavei oi antropoi ti pairneis apo programmata stin ameriki me $40 to mina? :bangin: :bangin:

I emailed Dish if they had any plans to add other Greek programming to release MEGA COSMOS.Not a single response

The text from one of their emails

Recently Mega Cosmos decided to discontinue its business arrangement with DISH Network, and unfortunately this means we will no longer be able to carry the quality Greek programming that Mega Cosmos offers. As of December 1, Mega Cosmos will no longer be available to DISH Network customers. Due the changes on the programming line up, your current bill is only $44.79.

Only $44.79 B)

I emailed Dish if they had any plans to add other Greek programming to release MEGA COSMOS.Not a single response

The text from one of their emails

Recently Mega Cosmos decided to discontinue its business arrangement with DISH Network, and unfortunately this means we will no longer be able to carry the quality Greek programming that Mega Cosmos offers. As of December 1, Mega Cosmos will no longer be available to DISH Network customers. Due the changes on the programming line up, your current bill is only $44.79.

Only $44.79 B)

Really. Dish tryed to pull one over on me. I got my bill today. Before mega left, I had Mega, ERT, Ant1, and Alter Globe. I have my receivers bought, and I was paying 55 dollars after taxs (including 5 dollars for extra reciever and 5 dollar service charge). Anyway, after they cut Mega, the put the ant1 package on with out me asking, and said it would be FREE for 3 months. Got the bill today, and instead of me only being charged for Ert and Ant1, they charge me for the WHOLE thing. Called them up, and had to basically put up a fight with them.

If the brought star or alpha or something like that everyone would be happy

too bad they arent

Direct TV is bringing them.
Any idea when?
I'm going with the info that I heard here and on SatLeo. Satleo had said something about Alpha in 1 month. And alter switching in spring. And then star later on?

If the brought star or alpha or something like that everyone would be happy

too bad they arent

Direct TV is bringing them.
Any idea when?
I'm going with the info that I heard here and on SatLeo. Satleo had said something about Alpha in 1 month. And alter switching in spring. And then star later on?
Great :angry:

:LOL:

Happy Holiday season and best wishes for 2007 :tup:

Here is the latest

-- Star has no more than a couple of hours of Greek programs per day, and that is the news, dealing always with

why Angela is upset :tdown:

why Julia posed semi-naked :tdown:

why Anna choses much younger boyfriends :tdown:

I am convinced all Greeks in North America cannot live whithout this -life critical- info :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So when is the start day again???

harlem-reporter,

In your attempt to poke fun you have stumbled on to an important fact- Star Channel SUCKS!! I mentioned this before but nobody cared enough to reply to my post, this channel has over 90% foreign programs- it is designed as a domestic channel for the local population, so what exactly is it going to broadcast for us here in North America or Australia?!? This is a complete waste of bandwidth and I don't think it should come here, give us another channel like MAD World or a channel from Cyprus instead of this crap. Alpha is fine, although right now I see all it airs is reality shows and game shows, but perhaps in the future the programming might change.

If you look at the schedule for Star on UBI World, you will see 3 shows repeated over and over and over again. There's a winner right there I say, so line up to pay your 15 bucks- cash is accepted! :D :LOL:

XRONIA POLLA EVERYONE, HERE'S HOPING THAT THE NEW YEAR BRINGS BETTER THINGS AS FAR AS THE GREEK CHANNELS GO.

Isen't Star Int the same as Alter Globe in a way like they have limited programming to show??

And people stil pay to watch Alter Globe so everyone likes something different i guess I dont mind watching Star Int its something different and entertaining at times

Alpha Int is a very good channel the only reality show i see shown here is Dream Show the rest of the time they show news bulletins, Serial, soapies, current affairs programming etc havent seen much in the sence of Game shows at all on it ( but they might be played late at night or early in the morning here when we dont watch )

As in any sence there is never enough Greek channels bring them all on LOL i say :gr:

My 2 cents worth :D

STAR International is basically a new channel created for UBI WORLD TV and others providers to follow. They have done very well in the sort time they have been broadcasting and will slowly get better and stronger as their audience grows.

This is a complete waste of bandwidth and I don't think it should come here, give us another channel like MAD World or a channel from Cyprus instead of this crap.  Alpha is fine, although right now I see all it airs is reality shows and game shows, but perhaps in the future the programming might change.

You also never know you might see MAD WORLD and RIK Sat part of the DirecTV package in the near future.

Yeh ok that may be in Greece but International versions are completly different Alter Globe repeat the same shows over and over again like Star Int does as they have limited greek programming to show

Not sure what Alter Globe shows in Australia but here in North America they have a pretty balanced schedule. They have alot more Greek programming than Star Channel does, not saying its great programming but there is more of it than on Star. They overhauled their line-up a while back in Greece and it is now comprised almost entirely of Greek programming whereas before it had a lot of foreign stuff. Plus there is archive stuff that aired here when the channel first launched, I haven't seen it and I pretty sure alot of others haven't either so they could show old programming and we would still watch. Also, Alter Globe recently changed their schedule here so it broadcasts on local time which I think is great- now if only ERT World could do the same ;) They do show some repeats but all the Greek channels have repeats, not a problem for me because the shows that are repeated are the ones that air late at night when I am not awake.

Regarding STAR, I am going by their website and the schedule on the UBI webite, so unless this Star International is a completely different channel from the one in Greece, there isn't much there to show. The Star Channel website lists 4 or 5 Greek shows the rest are foreign series. Maybe they plan to acquire a whole bunch of Greek programming to broadcast, who knows?!

You also never know you might see MAD WORLD and RIK Sat part of the DirecTV package in the near future.

I don't think you will see MAD World on DirecTV, they have partnered up with ANT1 for this Blue channel so why would they take MAD World to the competitor? I think ANT1 would be pretty ticked off if that were to happen because that would be one more reason to say good-bye to Dish. I think RIK Sat or Sigma should launch in North America, there is a fairly large Cypriot population here so I don't see why they haven't brought any channels here yet?!

2007 should be an interesting year, wonder how many new channels we will see launch, it could be the beginning of a MEGA/DirecTV - ANT1/Dish war for subscribers. Who will have the better line-up- that remains to be seen?

Liski, I'm assuming that you're affiliated w/ UBI so here's a recommendation to pass on to your superiors. Get SuperSport on your platform w/ the Greek language rights to all the sporting events they broadcast. If UBI can manage that I'll switch to whatever platform you guys want.

HellasHab

Blue Music Channel is owned and operated by Ant1 Group all MAD do is supply them with programming etc

MAD World is the official International Network of MAD and is exclusive to UBI World TV Globally and it is very possible that MAD World comes onto DirecTV in the near future ;)

As for Alter Globe we get the same version you guys do in America those American Adds are a pain in the arse sometimes wish they would change that to something relevant to our region...

Liski, I'm assuming that you're affiliated w/ UBI so here's a recommendation to pass on to your superiors. Get SuperSport on your platform w/ the Greek language rights to all the sporting events they broadcast. If UBI can manage that I'll switch to whatever platform you guys want.

That will never happen SuperSport show to many things which companies here in Australia already have the rights to

Ant1, ERT, Setanta, ESPN, Fox Sports and the rest...

Will never happen

Kolossos

Blue Music Channel is owned and operated by Ant1 Group all MAD do is supply them with programming etc

MAD World is the official International Network of MAD and is exclusive to UBI World TV Globally and it is very possible that MAD World comes onto DirecTV in the near future

Correct.

MAD WORLD

www.madworld.gr

MAD World is the international network of MAD TV that broadcasts the 'best of MAD' programming to Greeks abroad in Asia, Africa and Australia and soon to North America. In light of the fact that MAD World is geared toward the Greek omogenia living abroad, it has different programming then MAD TV in Greece. It broadcasts only Greek music and related programming, no international music. It launched in December 2005 in Asia, Africa and Australia on UBI World TV.

blue

www.bluemusic.gr

Blue is a 24hr music video channel that broadcasts exclusively for Greeks abroad and is owned by Antenna Group. Blue features the best music content including video clips from Greece's hottest artists, concerts, exclusive interviews and other special programming.

I work at UBI WORLD TV - What Kolossos has stated regarding broadcasting rights is what stops SuperSport being shown in Australia.

Archived