Phantis Forums

Greek Channels leaving Dish Network

Yeh ok that may be in Greece but International versions are completly different Alter Globe repeat the same shows over and over again like Star Int does as they have limited greek programming to show

I have Alter on dishnetwork and their are not a lot of repeats.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That will never happen SuperSport show to many things which companies here in Australia already have the rights to

i know... its just a dream of mine until i can get my cousin in greece to hook up the slingbox for me, but i figured since someone from within UBI had joined the forums it wouldn't hurt to ask.

i realize it's not going to happen, but when it comes to different languages things can be done for the right amount of money. for example during the world cup in the US it was broadcast in korean, german, spanish and english by different channels. they all purchased the rights (in their respective languages) to show the same games live. if they (be it SS, UBi, or whoever else it may be) spend enough they can get the greek language rights although I imagine it would be pretty damn complex and expensive.

Blue Music Channel is owned and operated by Ant1 Group all MAD do is supply them with programming etc

My mistake, I thought they were partners for this channel but if Blue is owned by ANT1 then MAD World could very well launch on DirecTV.

MEGA/DirecTV are creating one heck of a line-up for subscribers in the USA- MEGA, Alter Globe, Alpha Sat and possibly MAD World- looks pretty good to me! Now if they could entice ERT World to come on over, that would be the knock-out punch for ANT1 :box: (the only people watching will be PAOK & AEK fans who are stuck with this crap channel :LOL: )

Ziaka,

I am inclined to believe the same thing that MEGA's contract with Dish has ended. I don't think Globestar would be that stupid to pull the channel if the contract had not ended. That is why Alter Globe is still there because the contract for that channel is still in effect and does not end until sometime next year.

This is all bull from Dish trying to cover their a$$es because of all the uproar from subscribers. Maybe they should not have treated MEGA like crap then they wouldn't have pulled the channel in the first place! They couldn't leave the stupid packages the way they were, they had to do what craphole ANT1 wanted them to do. Well, here's the result Dishnet, I hope ERT leaves ass well then everyone will go to DirecTV and you can have fun with stupid Antenna :D

It seems to me that Dish is losing some channels latley. The lost their local channels, Mega, and now Court TV. And it's funny because they are kind of doing the same thing with Court TV as Mega. I was watching my cable, and a commercial came on. It said that it was "an injustice" and that Dish Network subscribers should contact Court TV and demand the channel back....

One question for those that got the Direct TV satelite required for Mega Cosmos,how big is it actually because i will have a second try this Saturday with the idiots that doing the installations and i want to try and figure it out where they should install it since i am rending and they are just busting my balls about it.Thank you much...

Direct TV use one dish almost oval in shape and about 36 inches long and about 24 inches high, but it requires one dish for all the channels. When I had Dish Network I needed two dishes.

Although I am pleased with the switch to Direct TV so far, one big complaint is that the Mega channel only, the picture is constantly breaking, sometimes it gets lost altogether and the sound most of the times is terrible. It is dragging / fluttering like an old unwound Victrola. Does anyone else have the same problem? I contacted Direct TV about it but still waiting for the reply.

Happy New Year To All!

Direct TV use one dish almost oval in shape and about 36 inches long and about 24 inches high, but it requires one dish for all the channels. When I had Dish Network I needed two dishes.

Although I am pleased with the switch to Direct TV so far, one big complaint is that the Mega channel only, the picture is constantly breaking, sometimes it gets lost altogether and the sound most of the times is terrible. It is dragging / fluttering like an old unwound Victrola. Does anyone else have the same problem? I contacted Direct TV about it but still waiting for the reply.

Happy New Year To All!

My mega is pretty good.....Just some break up every so ofter (same happens to dish network too every so often). In the beginning I did have trouble with the sound. It kept fading out, and in, mostly when music was played. Now it seems OK.

Also the picture seems more whiter (brighter?) than it was on Dish. But then again, that might just be because this is connected via composite video, and dish is connected via coaxial.

Speaking of picture quality, MEGA along with ERT-Sat had a superior picture quality as compared to Antenna on Dish. ERT-Sat still has much better picture than the Antenna channels even today. The picture and sound on the Antenna channels are really bad.

Speaking of picture quality, MEGA along with ERT-Sat had a superior picture quality as compared to Antenna on Dish. ERT-Sat still has much better picture than the Antenna channels even today. The picture and sound on the Antenna channels are really bad.

I know with Ant1 Gold I have to put my volume ALL THE WAY UP on the TV just to here it. ERT is good too, but I noticed during Live events (like eurovision ;) ) the sound is alittle low.

I got the Mega Cosmos channnel FINALLY(200$ fakelaki kai merika kantilia) yesterday and so far picture and sound are with no problems thank god.It is crazy the fact that i have 2 differnt dishes from 2 defferent cpmpanies for 3 F.....g channels and pay 100$ a month...by far the most expensive international TV in the world... :tdown: a re p@utana Vera sto deksi ti travame.......

I got the Mega Cosmos channnel FINALLY(200$ fakelaki kai merika kantilia) yesterday and so far picture and sound are with no problems thank god.It is crazy the fact that i have 2 differnt dishes from 2 defferent cpmpanies for 3 F.....g channels and pay 100$ a month...by far the most expensive international TV in the world... :tdown: a re p@utana Vera sto deksi ti travame.......

does anyone believe this situation is viable and that there are enough Greek subscribers to sustain two platforms and be suckers enough to pay - including for the "more channels to come"- a total of circa $140-150 per month?

Here is my bet: January 1st, 2008,

-----Greek channels will be in one platform ONLY (Directv or Dish, whichever is the smarter one)

-----with a total maximum cost for all of the available channels (3-5) $40 per month.

Ta "amerikanakia" den masane tarama :angry: :xxx: :*&%:

The only channels that will be Exclusive to Dish would be the Ant1 Channels ( Ant1 Sat, Blue and Ant1 Gold )

Everything else would be Exclusive to DirecTV ie. Mega Cosmos, Star, Alpha, Alter Globe and more.. and its possible ERT joins DirecTV also as it isen't exclusive to anyone

So for people that get DirecTV will only be missing the Ant1 Channels if ERT comes on board with DirecTV also

I see DirecTV as the winner

Archived