Phantis Forums

Our rivals in the CL

LUZ13

You are wrong

This was the score of the first half when Roma was owsome

But during the second haf Inter coame forth

Viera, Crespo and others like Zlatan Ibrahimovic.. Figo.. The equalized the match 3:3 and than they went to extra time when Figo scored a winner for Inter

I hope Olympicos will be able to make such a come back in a match

Great match it was

Yeah, but they were playing against Inter not Olympiakos, and we can all agree that you cant compare the Olympiakos starting 11 to Inter's. Having said that, if Olympiakos can get home results and swing a tie on the road they'll be ok.

Fellas you all know that what matters in CL group stages is what you do away from home.

In the past Olympiacos doesn't have the bets result with that and that needs to change.

For right now we can't worry about our opponents but we need to worry about our men getting back to form and making sure that they are ready for the Group Stages...

:tup:

Oh my! Tevez, what a player! I wish we could have him, this kind of players renew my interest in football. But his talent would be buried if he goes to an italian team (as all latin americans who went there). My opinion, of course.

Tevez went to Westhame so he is not our concern any more

Who is our concern is David Villa, a hot scorer now plaing for Valencia

Today he scored a brace in for the Spanish natrional team

Some people most seriously beleive that he is one of the best strikers in Europe today

I hope they are wrong

Yesterday we could see another of our rivals in a great day

I mean Elano of Shahtar

What a game for Brazil,. two goals

He is a good organizer of the game and DM, his dubble passes with Robinho reminded me of their great days together in Santos

In Shahtar he has some other Brazilians to play with

I have seen him even scoring an olympuc goal once for Santos

We have a really tough group

There will be no easy games

Besides the scorers and the volantes (DM) we will have also very fast people in the wing like Mancini and Juaquin

Heaven helps us all

LUZ13 don't underestimate your team, they just need to play organized defensively against these great players/tems and I believe they'll be ok. Look at the talent our national team had to deal with in EURO 2004, but they played an effective defensive scheme, stuck to it and I don't have to remind everyone what the outcome was.

One more thing, Olympiakos cannot get caught up in trying to impress their fans during their home games in the CL. They should stick to the scheme the coach implements.

I mean Elano of Shahtar

What a game for Brazil,. two goals

He is a good organizer of the game and DM...

Isn't Elano a right-sided midfielder that is closer to forward lines.. something of a AM/F RC..? or at least he is playing such a role in Shakhtar..

Its a tough group, tougher than last year imo. Everygame will be like a final, everyone is capable of winning the group with some luck. My analysis:

ROMA

Roma play with no forwards. I s%$#! you not... they have developed a way of playing with 6 midfielders, ideologically attacking but they work hard for defensive duties. They interchange at pace and will cause our defense great problems. Even if we have 65% possession they counter attack at pace. Imo the secret is to play a direct game against Roma. Get Konstantinou in there and play a long ball/direct game off him. They cant handle it and I believe if we're positive we can beat them, if we're conservative in our play they'll punish us.

VALENCIA

Valencia are solid at the back and have centre forwards who they rely on heavily (Villa, Morientes, Tavano, etc) keep their forwards quite and their new winger (Joaquin) then we can beat them. Theyve just signed Assier Del Horno too from Chelsea and we know you can get to him so I'd suggest Castillo plays on the right in that game to really test him.

SHAKHTER

The Ukranians will be tough at home and they'll work hard. They have Elano the Brazilian and have already played 5 league games (won 4 drawn 1) and went through qualifying so they'll be in great physical shape. Plus travelling away to the Ukraine is always tough, we cant underestimate them because in the Ukraine they'll be favs whoever they're playing.

We are capable of winning this group but its also possible we'll lose every game! We need to start with a win, thats essential! :gr: :gr: :gr:

I do not underestimate my team at all

But i just opened this thread in order to point out some aspects, because i had the impression that most of the red fans have unrealistic expectaions and do not realize how tough is this group

Another worrying thing we do not have very good subs, our bench is not deep

The feclarations of some players and staff that say that it is a fortunate draw and @sure we will pass@ that is what worriing me

As to Elano, he is very versatile players, he is not a striker but he can break from behind, or usually in Shahtar he is smething like Pirlo but quicker, and comung from me it is the greatest compliment because i adore Pirlo

And do not forget their excelent coach and there are other good players there, Brazilians and others, Elano just came to the spotlight because he was great in the NT 2 games, Imagine that he subbed Kaka and the game improved, it is good at least that he will not have his former friend form Santos Robinho alongside ' nor Cicinho

This tridente is owesome

Ireally hope tha RM does not get him

I do not underestimate my team at all

But i just opened this thread in order to point out some aspects, because i had the impression that most of the red fans have unrealistic expectaions and do not realize how tough is this group

Another worrying thing we do not have very good subs, our bench is not deep

The feclarations of some players and staff that say that it is a fortunate draw and @sure we will pass@ that is what worriing me

As to Elano, he is very versatile players, he is not a striker but he can break from behind, or usually in Shahtar he is smething like Pirlo but quicker, and comung from me it is the greatest compliment because i adore Pirlo

And do not forget their excelent coach and there are other good players there, Brazilians and others, Elano just came to the spotlight because he was great in the NT 2 games, Imagine that he subbed Kaka and the game improved, it is good at least that he will not have his former friend form Santos Robinho alongside ' nor Cicinho

This tridente is owesome

Ireally hope tha RM does not get him

Elano isnt fit to shine Pirlo's boots!

Yes, I think so too. Joaquin is out and that makes it three for Valencia. Baraja and Albelda are out already, so it is still a hard game, but the chances are better undoubtedly now, let alone the fact that the game is at home.

thank you for that wonderfully insightful comment... it will be a tough match, a match in all honesty I don't expect for us to win, but I do expect a good showing and hopefully we can get a draw if not all 3 points. We'll see. First things first though, lets see if we can take care of PAOK (poli thiskoli especially if we decide to just rely on castillo to do it all again).

Some remarks

About Valencia: Beware of David Villa

About Elano:

I am one of Pirlows hottest admirers, but That does not mean that Elano is @not fit to clean his boots@

Europeans always underestimate Brazilians unless they are starlets like RG snd Kaka

How sad

Anyway if some body has the posibility to watch the Ucrainian channel Inter+ (It is in many cable packeges and also in the JUMP TV site) today on 17:00 Greek time, you can sdee Shahtar playing , as a guest, so you will not see the fans , but it may be interesting, beside Elano they have quite a number of assets, beginning with the coach as i said

Valencia acheived a terrific result today, beating Athletico Madrid 1-0 away following Villa's early goal. I didnt realise how impressive their starting 11 was until today! Canizares in goal, Miguel, Ayala, Marchena, Morretti, Vicente, Abiol, Silva, Edu, Angulo, Villa. On the bench Morientes, Lopez, Navarro, Gavillan, etc. And they didnt have Joaquin or Del Horno. They really do have top players, and if we're going to beat them we need the Kariaskaki rocking on Tuesday night! :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Archived