Phantis Forums

Top players of WC

Irlandos

Who would you say are the top players of this WC?

In some WC's one player really stands out but I don't think this will be the case here.

Among the ones I like:

1. Klose

2. Riquelme

3. Robben (though I missed his 2nd game)

4. Torres

5. Villa and Saviola

I believe so far Klose is my choice because he has helped his team go to the next round with 4 goals in 3 games and with all this talk about them failing badly and all the presure from the home crowd, they are playing well and getting the results.

Who would you say are the top players of this WC?

In some WC's one player really stands out but I don't think this will be the case here.

Among the ones I like:

1. Klose

2. Riquelme

3. Robben (though I missed his 2nd game)

4. Torres

5. Villa and Saviola

Philipp Lahm impressed me,too.But I did not watch the game with Equador.And after England-Sverige Joe Cole but I don t know if he ll continue like this.

3: Sorin (Arg)

Correct :tup:
Glad you agree file. He is the most underated player in the world! For me he'd walk into a world XI, wonderful player!!! Talent, passion, work rate, flair, grit, he has it all!

Gerrard is a playmaker who makes England's engine running, not that washed up Posh Boy! :LOL: He scored 2 beautiful goals for his country, he's that good my friend, even if I hate England with so much passion. :1eye:

yes but the posh boy makes world class crosses and long passes!

+ ofcourse he takes excelent freekicks ;)

yes but the posh boy makes world class crosses and long passes!

+ ofcourse he takes excelent freekicks ;)

But both the 'posh boy' and the 'Scouss-street-rat' have been crap in this tournament! English players are overrated bums! John Terry is class, Cole is excellent, Gary Neville is reliable and Rooney is a top player. Apart from that, they're bums!

i dont like england but Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Cole are great players...

Beckham i hate but he did suprise me. With Real he plays total crap but at least in the WC with England hes doing pretty well- England are a scrap-fighting team they play tough but with enthusiasm not really a pretty game. Set peices are a big part of that game and Beckham takes them well (except for shooting from set peices not so well) and he can hit good long balls.....hes like a Tsartas with a lot more hype... for the english game beckham is great....

gerrard is doing well...hes scored 2 great goals and played well but i dislike him because he is such a damn wuss...hes always down on the ground and looks like hes about to cry...

@biancoverde,

Imo, Beckham plays better for Real than he did at Man Utd. He's doing much more running and is outshining many stars with bigger names than his.

However, he's not doing so for England.

Btw, getting back to our subject matter, I think that Ronaldo has left the "worst" club and is on his way to the "best club" :)

Isaksson is a strong contender for best goalie in the first final round. His goalkeeping was amazing against Germany. Too bad his defence mates were having a coffe break instead of doing their job :tdown:

You all forgot Pirlo.(IT)He played great in all the 3 games and he does work that Gattuso does for example.Running and marking,its unbelievable.Its the first time that he is playing defencive and in the offencive field he does the majority of the plays of Italy

You all forgot Pirlo.(IT)He played great in all the 3 games and he does work that Gattuso does for example.Running and marking,its unbelievable.Its the first time that he is playing defencive and in the offencive field he does the majority of the plays of Italy

Excuse me the other 4 are:

Kaka

Maxi Rodriguez

Mascherano

Schweinsteiger

impossible to pick 5..there have been so many great players..riquelme, maxi, kaka, klose, crespo, torres, cesc, pirlo...the list can go on for a while..overall i am just happy that this world cup is turning out to be a good one..in my opinion its been much better so far then 4 years ago which i was not sure was going to happen but overall there have been many god matches

Archived