Phantis Forums

Faubio Aurelio

evalagoal

I just read this from the SKY.SPORTS website...

This would be good for the team I think. We do need a young defender... I'm getting over on how many mistakes M A L A K A Anatolakis makes and the team has to pay the price...

What do you all think ??

Olympiakos are ready to rival Liverpool for the services of Fabio Aurelio in the summer.

The Valencia defender is a free agent and is expected to receive a number of offers as clubs take advantage of his Bosman status.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is a long-term admirer of the Brazilian, who arrived from Sao Paulo in 2000, a year before the Spaniard took over as coach at La Mestalla.

Greek sources claim the Merseysiders are ready to offer around €2 million (

no offence but oly has no chance in hell in getting this guy....

Unfortunately i totally agree with u

i mean its good to see the club understanding that it needs solid defensive players and its main priority is to get players that have a defensive mind set

but when Olympiakos has to compete with a Real Madrid, Barcelona and other bigger clubs then they have no chance

plus paying him 2 million euros isn't worth it

lets look elsewhere

and if we are vigilant then we will get that player for the defensive

but we need 4 new starters at the back line

yeh i think i agree... this guy is in the same seed as nesta, marquez, puyol, terry, etc... he is a top player.. one of the best defenders around and i would be extremely happy if we had him but it looks kind of hard.. ;)

If we want to compete against the BIG guns in Europe we need to pay the BIG $$$$ :o

If that means we offer this player 3 million euro and another player 4 million euro for another good defender to fix our weak defence we have to do it :whistle:

Some people will say no good player is going to come to Greece and play against Akrathtos and Kallithea :tdown: I totally agree BUT the $$$$ do all the talking so Kokkalhs needs to put his hand in his pocket a little deeper and finally spend the BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :1eye:

Making the CL groups each year our club gets 7 million euro...Lets use this money on quality players instead of resigning Anatolakhs,Pandos,Gewrgatos,e.t.c e.t.c

They keep talking about "ANANEWSH" each year :whistle: Resigning Mauro+Sourer+Anatolakhs+Pandos+Gewrgatos++++ also keeping Boulit,Dani and Lemens :tdown: Is this what "ANANEWSH" is ?????Only for Greece... :P

We need players like above but 8-10 years younger B)

To play in Europe we need a brand new backline and I hope our comittee won't dissapoint us again :whistle:

If we want to compete against the BIG guns in Europe we need to pay the BIG $$$$ :o

If that means we offer this player 3 million euro and another player 4 million euro for another good defender to fix our weak defence we have to do it :whistle:

Some people will say no good player is going to come to Greece and play against Akrathtos and Kallithea :tdown: I totally agree BUT the $$$$ do all the talking so Kokkalhs needs to put his hand in his pocket a little deeper and finally spend the BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :1eye:

Making the CL groups each year our club gets 7 million euro...Lets use this money on quality players instead of resigning Anatolakhs,Pandos,Gewrgatos,e.t.c e.t.c

They keep talking about "ANANEWSH" each year :whistle: Resigning Mauro+Sourer+Anatolakhs+Pandos+Gewrgatos++++ also keeping Boulit,Dani and Lemens :tdown: Is this what "ANANEWSH" is ?????Only for Greece... :P

We need players like above but 8-10 years younger B)

To play in Europe we need a brand new backline and I hope our comittee won't dissapoint us again :whistle:

Listen i agree that we need to spend money

i mean a solid defense doesn't come cheap

by getting one player doesn't solve our defensive woes and if we were to get Auerlio he would be the target of every discussion if Olympiakos gives up a goal

to me we need to put a budget on our defensive line like around 4-5 million euros and get players that are young and ready to shine and a solid veteran still in prime form

i take 4 new players on the defensive line then Aurelio

don't get me wrong Aurelio is a solid player to say the least but the club needs alot more

u know if Olympiakos were to get him then they wouldn't do anything else for the summer on defense

Playing in the Champions League every year and with an average attendance of 25,000-30,000 in the greek league and cup our income should be in the 20-30 millions range.

Surely we can afford 4-5 players that get 2 millions a year, at the moment we just just have 2. One quality center back (if we assume Antzas is coming back to cover the other position) and one quality left back are absolutely necessary for next year's Champions League.

Sollied has shown that he can pick the right players, it's up to Kokkalis to show that he wants Olympiacos to do well in Europe next year.

Playing in the Champions League every year and with an average attendance of 25,000-30,000 in the greek league and cup our income should be in the 20-30 millions range.

Surely we can afford 4-5 players that get 2 millions a year, at the moment we just just have 2. One quality center back (if we assume Antzas is coming back to cover the other position) and one quality left back are absolutely necessary for next year's Champions League.

Sollied has shown that he can pick the right players, it's up to Kokkalis to show that he wants Olympiacos to do well in Europe next year.

Well said Manos i totally agree with you :tup:

We should make the most of this upcoming Champions League season and finally spend some BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on quality players B)

I want to see Olympiakos compete in Europe for the entire 90 minutes every game NOT run out of puff because our average age is 32 :whistle:

In our 10th year in CL I would like to see Olympiakos' defence play with @@ NOT cop goals in the last minute of every game.

I don't want to see Pandos,Anatolakhs and Gewrgatos in our backline next year :angry:

I think your a bit off with those numbers

i have seen more then double the number of income Olympiakos is expected to earn

don't quote me

Having Antzas at CB will defintely improve our defense but we need more

we also need a RB rumor has it its Seitards

if we can Improve our defense we can make a solid run in C.L.

remember Toure is expected to stay another year to the club b/c many of the big clubs are a lil hesitant to spend the big bucks on him b/c they want to see him one more year competing in C.L.

Toure will be a beast next season and i would expect him to play a more important role as a CM -Attacking

we also need a RB rumor has it its Seitards. .

Guys look what i just find on sportime about Seitaridis and Olympiakos : http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...rticle_id=10773

And why not try to buy Seitarids? Anyone now how its going for him in Russia?

Olympiakos needs to look at all its options right now

we need to make contacts early and often during the summer period

if Kokkalis can give Sollied a budget then all is well

Guys, A dream, Aurelio on the left side and Giourkas on the right.. :D

Kapsis is still a solid defender too:

---------------------------Nikopolidis-----------------------

Seitaridis---------Kapsis------------????-----------Aurellio

Kafes--------------Toure------------Stotidis--------Djole

---------------------Konstantinou----------Ribo----------

One more solid defender and.... SIKOSE TO!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Kapsis is still a solid defender too:

---------------------------Nikopolidis-----------------------

Seitaridis---------Kapsis------------????-----------Aurellio

Kafes--------------Toure------------Stotidis--------Djole

---------------------Konstantinou----------Ribo----------

One more solid defender and.... SIKOSE TO!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Im sorry to dissapoint you but Kapsis is not interested in playing for Olympiakos as he is always ruled ot injurd BUTis fit to play for ELLAS :whistle:

As far as Kafes goes he has nothing more to offer for Olympiakos :whistle:

Sollid won't be happy with your formation because he plays 4-3-3 :P

KOKKALH get rid of the "CRABS" from your pocket and bring 3 QUALITY players to THRYLOS :LOL: :LOL:

-----------------nikopolidi(33)-----------------

--WHOLE NEW DEFENSE LINE NEEDED--

---Baba(22)---------Toure(23)-----------Djole(33)----

------------Ribo(33)------------

--------Kostantinou (28)------Castillo(22)--------

bench:

okkas

kafes

stoltidi

geo

mauro (probably staying)

gaolkeepr (proabably boutina although i feel Gianou is tops)

another defender (is vallas staying or not by the way???)

basicaly i feel if we bring in 3-4 solid defenders in the age range 24-29 i feel the team will be stronger and a lto more ready for europe.. we have the experience there as a "kormo" (i.e ribo, djole, nikopolidi) and we will have some young talent in also (toure, baba, neri)

bench:

okkas

kafes

stoltidi

geo

mauro (probably staying)

basicaly i feel if we bring in 3-4 solid defenders in the age range 24-29 i feel the team will be stronger and a lto more ready for europe.. we have the experience there as a "kormo" (i.e ribo, djole, nikopolidi) and we will have some young talent in also (toure, baba, neri)

COMPLETELY agree w/ you on with this line-up. The back line needs to go and start completely fresh

bench:

okkas

kafes

stoltidi

geo

mauro (probably staying)

COMPLETELY agree w/ you on with this line-up. The back line needs to go and start completely fresh
U all know that i have been constantly and persistent about getting an entirely new defensive line

no matter how good we are if we were to get solid offensive players we would never progress if we got an entirely new defensive line

Antzas move is only the begginning but there are 2 to 3 positions still open for the taking

as for Babaginda and Castillo i really don't think they will be regular fixtures in the starting line up but both will play vital roles to the team

wut about Djole i mean i will always love the guy but i don't think he is that type of player anymore and the realization is that he can't play forever especially if we are aiming for Europe

he can still play a vital role but i don't see him as a starter anymore

wut do u guys think ??

i dnt knw but i reckon he will be one of the team captains for sure and i stil think sollid believes in him... i do agree tho tht maybe he is getin old now and has to tke a step down from playing almost every game in the season. but again he is a vital influence to the whole team and he is a player who will take the team on his shoulders in hard times.. ;)

Vallas is as good as gone.

My sources (cannot cite them) tell me he will look to Europe next year. If that doesn't work out look for him to sign with Iraklis or AEK for 1-2 years. Olympiakos will be a last resort to him.

Honestly i don't blame him

i mean he is 25 years old which isn't considered young in terms in soccer except in Greece a 25 year old is like a 15 year old

fact is he knows he has not shot so he should look elsewhere

.................................................................Nikopolidis

Seitaridis...........................Antzas...................Simunic...............Domi

..........................Stoltidis...............................Toure.............................Djole

............................................................Rivaldo

.................................(Transfer)...................................Konstantinou

this is a more realistic line up that we could see next season

Seitaridis will probably be loaned out to us in all likely hood

again this is a potential and realistic squad

seitiridis does not want to come back to greece..why should he play for olympiakos when he can be playing top league ball in spain or england..this kid is a hge talent but he is wasting his time in russia and frankly in my opinion prtugal as well..he is more then capable of playing for a top club..coming back to greece would be bad for his career and not to mention our ethniki...

Archived