Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos vs Levadiakos

HOLLYWOOD

I am curious to see if the team can perform well without Gonzo... Not so sure if Leontiou can play that role...

So far they haven't showed that they can... I hope they prove me wrong tonight...

At this point in the championship really care if we are gonna win (just to play good football)... I don't think that a team of PAOs calibre should be happy with second place (at least the fans shouldn't care). Let the management worry about the CL money...

Final Score 2-0.

We played pretty well, and Leviadakos had little if any chances to score. Of note, Theodoridis came on in the 2nd half and sucked. Though I'll go easy on him since he went on as a right midfielder/attacker for Haralambides who had a pretty good game. He (Theodoridis) also took the corner kicks and never really got into the flow of the game.

I like the 4-3-3 Malezani is playing. This works for us, especially with Biscan playing well in his normal midifeld role. Andric came on late for Tzolis and didn't do much and Mantzios came on for Gekas who is starting to hit form. The defence didn't have much to do but Kotsios, Morris, Vyntra, and Goumas (captian) all played well.

Your thoughts....????

Tha mporouse na me parei o ypnos sto deytero imixrono alla kratithika....

Diafwnw me tis allages pou ekane o Italos kai oso ki an spaw to kefali m de mporw na katalabw...

O Thewdoridis einai aristeropodaros kai ton bazeis deksia anti tou poly kalou Mpidh??

Ebale kai ton Adrich na kratisoume to score... :P

Mia xara o Serich alla ithela poly na dw kai ton Leontiou apopse...

Xwris Gonzales<akoma kai se kaki mera> eimaste katw ena epipedo...

Tespa just a win!Grats to our boys!

P.S Pws kai xasame bathmous ap'aytous ston prwto gyro de mporw na katalabw.. <_<

Tha mporouse na me parei o ypnos sto deytero imixrono alla kratithika....

Diafwnw me tis allages pou ekane o Italos kai oso ki an spaw to kefali m de mporw na katalabw...

O Thewdoridis einai aristeropodaros kai ton bazeis deksia anti tou poly kalou Mpidh??

Ebale kai ton Adrich na kratisoume to score... :P

Mia xara o Serich alla ithela poly na dw kai ton Leontiou apopse...

Xwris Gonzales<akoma kai se kaki mera> eimaste katw ena epipedo...

Tespa just a win!Grats to our boys!

P.S Pws kai xasame bathmous ap'aytous ston prwto gyro de mporw na katalabw.. <_<

oi sinithismenes m@lakies tou Malezani :P

Pollapla sfalmata apo Malezani apopse.

i) Oli tin ebdomada dokimazei ton Leontiou kai telika den ton vazei! Giati? Einai apo tous kaluterous mpaladorous stin omada. ME TON LEVADEIAKO PAIZOUME. Rikse to pitsiriki na parei paixnidia.

ii) Vgazei Mpidi pou ta pigaine kala kai vazei Theodwridi. Goustarw polu ton Theodwridi, alla re file val'ton stin thesi tou Seric! Ston mPAOK epaize kai san epitelikos mesos!

iii) Kala gia tin eisodo tou Adric ti na pw? Anti na valei kanena neo, vazei paixti pou thelw na elpizw oti tha diwksoume to kalokairi. Vale mesa allon enan epithetiko na valeis goal na euxaristiseis ton kosmo pou pige stin teliki.

iv) Giati epanapauomaste me 2-0. Giati den kunigane ena megalo skor. Persi eixame 0-4 ston Irakli, 5-1 me Kalamaria, 6-3 me Xalkidona, 5-0 me OFI, 4-0 me Paniwnio ap'oso thumamai. Fetos to mono pou thumamai einai ena 2-4 me Kallithea (pou den eida malista).

Den mporw na katalavw ti kollimata trwei o allenatore mas.

Couple of good things to note:

1) it seems Biscan is playing better and better now that he is in his natural position ... Great news

2) Fourth consecutive game with a goal for Gkekas..... and someone said Gekas sucked... thats more Great news....

ony thing that is pissing me off is that the italiano keeps playing players out of position!!! e.g Theodoridis on the right wing, usual position left wing, Leontiou AMC, LW, usual position MC, Kotsios DL, usual position DC.... Hasnt he learnt anything from Manager05??? :P when you put players out of position 99% they suck!!! they play a 3/10 or worse!!! e.g Biscan as a DC, now that he is playing his natural position DMC his doing well.... :nono:

Theodorithis hasn't played in how long and was not in his natural position so I will not be too critical of him, he is still a very good and young player we have seen this from his days at Paok he just needs some time. Pap needs a goal bad!!! lol The only thing that pissed me off is that our coach put in Mantzio too late and put in Andric ;) I would have put in Leonitou instead. Other then that good game.

and someone said Gekas sucked

a lot of people were saying this- after a 3 month bad spell for the entire team they judged him despite that when he gets in form like this he keeps it going and is a great player.....Fanis is now our leading scorer with 8 goals......more to come.... im very pleased with our striking options i think we have a great selection

yeah Papdopoulos needs a goal for the books but its just a statistic, hell hit the net again and hes playing well around the pitch anyways...we need to resign him

Has it ever crossed you minds that Malezani is putting players in positions they are not used to so he can see if they can play there or not? I am sure he has thought about these things, and I am sure he known sthat Theodorides is aristeropoodaro :P how do you know? did it ever cross your minds that he would have discussed this with Theodorides before the game, maybe in training, about the possibility of playing him on the right? and Theodorides said ok?

Just typical Greek mentality. We are all coaches without thinking that perhaps there is a reason for the changes. The players and coaches do talk to each other you know?

I have always said and will say it again. No matter who we have as coach, even if we have Mourinho or Benitez or Scolari, or even if we have god himself as coach, our fans will still think they know better, and they think all they see is all that ever happens.

Pano, allow me to say this. Obviously we don't know better than the coach of our team. Nevertheless we are just discussing the games in good spirit. You know for FUN, to take the piss, to waste our time etc. What I hate is the "proponitarades tis eksedras" not the proponitarades of the forums. Because I hate when someone next to me swares constantly and indicates what would be best. However, I would justify such act if the team sucked arse in the pitch.

Of course Malesani has talked with Theodoridis and his intention is to try him in that position, but personally I would prefer to see a left foot player from the left side.

Guys relax its not that big a deal... Many teams do that (play reverse footed players in the flanks) Usually it is supposed to help with runs inside the area rather than crosses... Unfortunatelly Theodoridis couldn't cut it in such a role...

Pano I don't think you got a valid point saying that Malezani put him there to see if he could play... That sort of experimentation should be left for the preseason and the training ground...

Other than that most of the team did well without really excelling in any point... With the exception of Seric who was useless as an AM...

dimitriis:

Agreed.

m_kafes:

YOu may not agree with this kind of experimentation but it happens all around the world at the biggest clubs. Loook at how Ferguson switches Ronaldo from left to right, or does the same with Giggs. Also look at how Wenger and Mourinho do the same thing by changing Ljundberg and Robben's positions respectively.

It's not just Malezani, and when you are winning 2-0, that's the best time to experiment in fact. Not in a friendly preseason game that doesn't matter.

Archived