Phantis Forums

PAO - Real Zaragoza

drakos13

august 4th we play them in OAKA......

any news on tickets/where they will be sold and will ticket club membership be needed??

what section # is good in OAKA maybe any AEK fans can halp from having sit there last year?

as for the game it is a good test but i think its really important that we win and get our confidence up for Krakow....we need to SCORE. Scoring is a problem with this team last year and this year by the 1st 2 friendlies it sounds we have the same problem.. only 1 goal in 2 real matches wasnt great, and 10 goals vs a village team is more embarassing for us than them... we really need an early goal in poland and then later hit them back and take another to give us the big advantage....

How many goals can u score really...when your only playing 1 half of actual football, i mean with all the changes in the second half, they game doesnt flow...not only that but the italians just start hacking as the game goes on....foorball just goes out the window.

It seems that Malezani won't be giving any playtime to Samartean after a nice conversation that they had. This is pretty muh the only reason why Wooter was playing behind the 2 strikers and it seems that Malezani might not be using Samartean any time soon.

any news on tickets/where they will be sold and will ticket club membership be needed??

what section # is good in OAKA maybe any AEK fans can halp from having sit there last year?

Tickets go on sale Monday Aug 1 for ONLY 5 euro, except gate 29 next to VIP 10euro :tup:

CHEAP

13B and 5A are the best 5euro gates available, corner seats.

Gate 29 is left of the PRESS/VIP section, worth the 5 extra euros

http://www.pao.gr

I would go, to see Mitsara but I will be at the CL game :gr:

Have fun.

PEACE

i just got back from the game......overall a solid performance...

first off buying tickets was ridiculous...whoever was in control of ticketing is a moron.There were packs of hundreds outside the ticket office with 8 windows......and one open. very stupid organization on PAO's part. even at the other ticket offices outside across the park they had only one window with every one cramming and police pushing...eventually they just let people all go in for free and PAO lost a lot of money if they had only had some tickets ready and more than one person working there...

i have no idea how many showed up but nearly everysection was full, must have been about 45-50.000......pretty good for a friendly but it was manily becasue of the 5 euro ticket...atmosphere was ok, leoforos is way louder which i prefer.

the game: 1st ten minutes were horendous, sloppy and weak.......

after that PAO started to get control of the game, and break through the defense a bit......Gkekas had a very nice, classy move and finish on his first goal and showed how good he was....Gkekas was fantastic..... most of the game continued that way and eventually Zaragzoa started getting some dangerous opportunities...i think we need a new CB.....Bidis proved himself worthless, him, Kotsios (he played way better last year), and Wooter were the worst.......Papadopoulos should really start over Wooter hes much better...and thankfully we have Nilson to take over Bidis....

my play ratings:

Galinovic 8 - great, plays like he has more experience than he does...no mistakes at all, good saves, great job.

Seric - 7 - really impresive...great dribbler was doing spin moves and is a good defender too..

Gkoumas ------injured

Kotsios- 6 -ok overall but not that great a player

Vyntra -----6 nothing special just that finally he didnt make giant mistakes with marking or bad passes....

Morris----7 good, kept things in control in the back

Bidis-----5 just a lot of dumb passes and nothing to really show for....got some runs in the wings but crosses were crap.....

Conceicao-7 good player, a worthy co anchor of biscan who works hard

Igor Biscan---8.5 - amazing player this guy is awesome, he was dribbling everywhere defending intercepting making nice through balls and passes...was very popular with the crowd already....

Manolis---7 good performance hes running again and aggresive.....

Gkekas--8.5 amazing finishing, class, work up front and dropping back...

Wooter--6 did ok defensively and sometimes up top but many times he would ruin what the team had built........

Eki- 6 avg

Mantzios - 6.5 looking good

Theodoridis 6- nothing special

Tziolis/the rest i dont remember.....`

oh and here is a small pic i took of a banner not seen in a while... :nw:

Posted Image

the romanian finallly has done it hes broke the camels back kai na pai sto diallo. He was given a fresh chance me malesani kai to patise to roufiano. Its time for him to return to the villages and mountains me ta katsikia in roumania. Primadonna what a waste of half decent talent chucked away by a skato.xaraktira thats dirtier than someones golo.

aite geia moun.i lol

sto kalo na pas

I was in there yessterday friends, and I had to say that the whole atmosphere was very emotional....

Mitsaras :nw: :nw: :nw: was honoured by kapetanios :nw: :nw: :nw: and 55.000 people were in extacy... The video walls were showing Mitsaras's goals mainly against the geys, and from the speakers you could hear the mighty ...... "Saravakos... kai....... 4-0!!!!!!!" :nw: :nw: from the gey distruction cup final in 1986!!!!! :tup:

Overall we had a good game, but I was mostly impressed by Seric.... Ok we all know what Biskan and Conceicao can do but I think Seric is a great player!!! After all he has a 5 year experience in Serie A!!!!

Bides was crap and so was Vyntra....

Anyway good to feel like old times (Kapetanios, Saravakos, OAKA, etc ect)....

Bring on the kotes!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

:nw: :nw: :nw:

Overall we had a good game, but I was mostly impressed by Seric.... Ok we all know what Biskan and Conceicao can do but I think Seric is a great player!!! After all he has a 5 year experience in Serie A!!!!

Interesting that PAO ended up signing an Australian after the Aloisi soap opera.

I am not sure if it has been brought up initially when Anthony (Ante) Seric was signed, but he is in fact Australian born, raised and learnt all his formative footballing in Australia. (This might explain why he speaks fluent English with an Aussie accent)

He regularly flies back to Australia in the off season to see his family.

The PAO website lists his country of birth as Kroatia, but he is actually born in Sydney, AU. He moved to Croatia to play for Hajduk Split in his early twenties or late teens from memory.

There were some issues with his initial reluctance to represent Australia. I can't remember for sure, something about him not being guaranteed a start or something to that effect and he ended up representing his parents (and his) homeland.

He obviously made the right decision and he seems to be a real good buy for the vazelous this season.

Here are some quotes on him I came across:

3 June, 1998: Seric is a Croat.

Ante Seric, born and bred in Australia and a graduate of the Australian Institute of Sport played for Croatia against Slovakia last weekend and under Fifa rules, cannot represent any other country ever even though he has still not officially declared his allegiance to the Australian FA.  Seric is therefore lost to Australia ending weeks of uncertainty dating back to the Brazil series for the Olympic team. 

What makes the matter so bad is that he spent 2 years at the incredibly successful AIS, honing his skills at the expence at the Australian tax-payer, yet snubs his country. As he was about to leave for the Brazil series he was apprarently accosted at the airport in Zagreb by club officials who notified Australia that they would not release him as he had not declared his allegiance.  What I read from this is that he probably had already decided his preference for Croatia and went to the airport in an attempt to force their hand to acknowledge him as a wanted player. 

If the Croats failed to, he would have boarded the plane and an Australian player he would be - albeit, his second choice.  Anyway, the Croats have named him in their final World Cup squad and lets hope the Australians - the real Australians - give him a hard time and maybe even inflict some physical damage.  Not much: just a broken leg or two.  Sh1t Happens!

1 June, 1998: Australia fly out for Zagreb. Still Seric uncertainty.

The Australian based players flew out today for the up coming friendly next Saturday; and it is still not clear which team Ante Seric will play for.  Other than confirmation of his allegiance in a conversation with assistant coach Raul Blanco, apparently there has been no official word to the Australian FA; only reports in the newspaper have pronounced his decision as well as selection in the provisional Croatian World Cup squad and in this friendly which seemingly suppport this.  In fact he has been named in both team's squads and I suppose we will just have to wait and see who he actually takes the field for. 

He told Blanco that he is Australian, feels Australian and wants to play for Australia - especially in the Olympics - only a matter of weeks ago, yet the the Croats have still named him. Maybe they have just picked anyway since he has not actually officially declared his allegiance and assume he will play for them. Who knows?

21 May, 1998: Seric Dumps Australia for Croatia

Ante Seric, the talented Australian Institue of SPort (AIS) graduate and one of the best young players Australia has produced at the moment has, according to press in Australia, has decided to play for Croatia citing potential troubles involving National team callups (mainly Olympic & youth teams) with future clubs as the reason.  In light of the recent trouble with Harry Kewell and Leeds United there may be some grounds for this, but since the, Soccer Australia has agreed to be to do everything possible to avoid such scenarios, and Kewell withdrawing his threat to play for the Olympic Team, I don't buy this for second. 

The player simply prefers to play for Croatia and that is the bottom line.  Seric is in the provisional Croatian World Cup squad, yet to be cut down; but even he does make the final team, he will forsake his chance to be part of the Olympics, in his home country, and maybe be part of a glorious Gold Medal winning team.  If he still prefers to play for a another country, then so be it, but if things don't work out, hope he does not expect to welcomed back into the Green and Gold, because I know that the true Socceroo supporters will not have a bar of him.  Incidentally, he has been named in both teams for the upcoming friendly, and it will be interesting to see which team he does actually take the pitch for.

Interesting that PAO ended up signing an Australian after the Aloisi soap opera.

hes a Croat-aussie so what? also he was signed way before aloisi..... hes both, not an australian, hes a croatian-australian.

now i guess youre going to tell us next that Theodoridis is a german not a greek?....

anyways im not sure if we are yet ready for krakow .... the team did play for the 1st 10 minutes pretty damn awful, and the defense was shaky 2nd half...if krakow has some luck then we could find ourselves in trouble. We need to stay composed in the back and just get that first goal and from then on be italians and make the game crap for 80 mins then hit another at the end.... :tup:

osfp i think we will be ready because we have trained longer, and will have 2 competitive games under our belt plus a fresh Eki.......

anthony (ante) seric learnt most of his skills in hajduk split. he left hajduk 2000. when he was 21 to join verona. later he was playing in brescia, parma and lazio. and was playing in U-21 cro team, and A team too. but was in strife with otto baric and been ruled out. like biscan! but this story is very complicated to explaine for anyone who isn't a croat. :P so, i can tell you only that he was and is still qite rigt! ;)

i'm very glad to hear about biscan's recent dispays.:king: i'm not surprise at all! B) and this is only the begining.... :tup:

btw. have anyone some link to watch goals? :unsure:

I live in Melbourne and consider myself Greek, although for arguements sake and on a technicality its Greek Australian

Seric is similar - Croat Australian. His parents were born there, he was born here. I remember when he did in fact declare he would play for Croatia instead of Australia, alot of ppl got pissed off bc he had a scholarship at the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) and used up tax payers dollars to learn and educate etc etc and ppl thought it was a kick in the face.

Fact was Croatia gave him an opportunity to be part of the NT that went to France (and the Croat team in France 98 was great) whilst he didnt get called up for Oz.

As for his playing abilities these days, I will have to go by wat ppl say in here but hes resume does look good with all that Serie A experience.

Off the record though - if i was in a similar position I too would choose Greece over Australia! :gr:

drakos13...love the pic!!!!!!!1 :nw: :nw: :nw: must have been awesome!!!

i just got back from the game......overall a solid performance...

first off buying tickets was ridiculous...whoever was in control of ticketing is a moron.There were packs of hundreds outside the ticket office with 8 windows......and one open. very stupid organization on PAO's part. even at the other ticket offices outside across the park they had only one window with every one cramming and police pushing.

It always amazes me of how why you keep hearing stories of ticket sales like this one and especially that PAO now has moved there. Tzigger's people should manage things better.

Thanks Drakos for the heads up of the game since some of us are located at the other side of the planet B)

Archived