Phantis Forums

Flavio Conseicao at PAO...

trifilli

It sounds to me that we brought a big-name player like gavroi did with Rivaldo.... Of course, Rivaldo gave gavroi the Greek championship by scoring in crucial times, so he was good for that. However, gavroi still suck big time, and this will be obvious in euro play soon.....

I always maintained that it wasn't about money! PAO has wasted a ton of money buying players who couldn't or wouldn't play. Over and over again. If you calculate the annual budget of the team, most of us would come up with better management of the money and of the players to buy and keep.

Trifilli correctly said that with all the money we gave to this new guy we could have kept our great players that left for euro teams (some not very good ones..) Assuming we can match the salary (Kara, Fyssas, Kyriakos, etc didn't get more than this new guy) why would a player leave PAO and even willing to siit on the BENCH in another team IF PAO was a powerhouse in Europe???????????!!!!

Having said that, it take a LOOOOONG term planning. You have a good coach with knowledge, VISION, and the balls to stand up to management, and you show that you have HIGH goals--like being a powerhouse in Europe. This way, it's more attractive to keep your great players and make others want to join your team. But, I sense that PAO wants to be good enough for the crapppy Greek league.....

I hope this new guy produces for us, but I believe it'll take more than that.... Hope we are not becoming like Kokkalistan... impress the fans with big but empty moves!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is good for Greek football

i mean Conseiciao comes from a prestigious club like Real Madrid

is a very well known player

it all depends if he performs for Pao

remember one thing when we got Rivaldo

we got him on a free transfer

Conseiaco should improve the psyche of the club now how much all depends on his play

Trifilli correctly said that with all the money we gave to this new guy we could have kept our great players that left for euro teams (some not very good ones..) Assuming we can match the salary (Kara, Fyssas, Kyriakos, etc didn't get more than this new guy) why would a player leave PAO and even willing to siit on the BENCH in another team IF PAO was a powerhouse in Europe???????????!!!!

well could is another thing,,,players choose to leave to greener pastures because they have ambition and drive to make it abroad to make a name for themselves as well as make some money afterall, footballers only have a limited lifeline.

The greek league is a disgrace and any greek player has ambitions to play abroad and leave the savoura behind. Have u read dellas latest interview slamming the greek soccer league and why he wont come back,,interesting read dude.

You think J.S. Veron might turn out to be a "chip off the old block"? ;)

Don't know what you mean by a 'chip off the old block' buut I do think he could produce some magical things for PAO's midfield...especially with Malezani's attack oriented teams. Coupled with Gonzales, it would be a sight to see them work with one another. At his age, with his talents, with the Greek league being as it is...he (Veron) could have a stellar year if he came to Greece.

:hypocrite: once again vgiakane ksana oi griniarides

FROM BUYING FREE TRANSFER PLAYERS,,,FROM MITU RAGUEL ETC ETC

WE BUY A 2 TIME CLEAGUE WINNING REAL MADRID PLAYER 45 CAPPED INTERNATIONAL,,,

WHO CARES HOW MUCH HE SPENT TO GET HIM BIG DEAL!!!!ITS NOT OUR MONEY HES SPENING

IF HES GONNA COUGH UP MORE MONEY  FOR MORE TRANSFERS ARE UZ GONNA COMPLAIN???????????/

HE BROUGHT US A GOOD PLAYER WHAT ARE UZ COMPLAINING ABOUT,,,DONT START SAYING HE COULD HAVE USED THAT MONEY ELSEWHERE,,,WE'RE GETTING MORE PLAYERS ANYWAYS.

F.R F***S SAKE MAN,, :not:

HELLO!!!! WE ARE IN GREECE ,,,NOT EPLEAGE,,NOT SPAIN,,NOT ITALY,,,,PLAYERS WITH CREDETIALS LIKE HIS ARE A BONUS TO THE GREEK LEAGUE.WASHED UP?????

SOMEONE LIKE CELADES WAS WASHED UP SITTING ON THE BENCH FOR YEARS AND YEARS

LET THE GUY PLAY 1ST BEFIRE U BECOME CRYBABYS

man you are already on the bandwagon? Flavio is a good player thats for sure he will help us. But at the cost--- no. I dont care if hes capped for Brazil hell EVEN GIOVANNI capped for Brazil......MARIC used to play for Croatia...etc...

at 5 million transfer fee + 3 years of 1.5 million a year

(REMEMBER MIXALHS OUR BEST PLAYER ONLY GOT 1.2 MILLION maybe 1.5 but still Conceicao wont be as important as Mixalakis is and doesnt have a future ahead of him)

We should have just resigned Basinas and saved an easy 6 million and used that on promising transfers...instead we just through our best out the door like Basinas and Konstantinou--- who should be resigned!! if were signing washups it should be on a FREE transfer!

And to be honest we dont need Conceicao! we already signed Anderson and Tziolis who are good players! we need left and right wing players because theyre terrible! If we wanna bring back old players bring back Jonnas Kolkka.....go get Lagos.......

as for Celades----wait what do you think Conceicao was! THEY WERE SITTING ON THE BENCH TOGETHER AT REAL and Celades was a much better player who lost favour when Del Bosque was removed....Conceicao already gave up on the high level and moved to Galatasaray.....

and im not saying he wont be good..im saying we could do much better than overpay a guy thats only gonna offer us about 2 years of good football....and in a position we dont need as much as others....we need a right and left wing bidis/wooter wont cut it for Champions league or winning or a katigoria......

Look guys, some of us are very happy and some of us are thinking why this and why that. I would as well want different stuf from our managament and for one I can't understand why we renew Malezanis contract while he hasn't proven himself yet. I don't think next season if he is succesfull that will an other team like Verona come and steal him for us...

The ponit is that Pao is heading somewhere with a move like this. He is getting a superstar that had a very bad year at Galata, but he has done more than Ribo has in his past + he is younger than him.

I smell important signings from Paok at the moment. Pao is doing the colpo grosso letting Svoura go, so that Paok will probabaly sing him. To replace him we get Theodoridi from Paok. Moreove Foutsini is almost out of Paok because he is not paid by the team. Foutsini is a very skillful player and I see that many of you still brag about Anderson. Wait and see if we get him he could be an awesome player for the right side. Furthermore there are speculations about Oudese (defender) as well.

The only think that Pao starts to suprises me is that we are getting a lot of black players... Everybody knew before Olisadebe and Olivares we hardly ever got any blacks in our team. Times do change a lot...

Hey everyone, we cant follow this free transfer crap strategy, for one good reason, when we get a free transfered player it means the club JUST DONT WANT HIM. 3 m or however much hes worth is still not alot, not in terms of europe. We spend 3 m because the club were buying from thinks hes worth 3 m. FULL STOP. This guys got good experience, got good national games under his belt, got good medals, and still at a average age, overall a perfect CV, and he was only worth 3 m, well done board, you proved us all wrong.

Got this from a Gay forum... this indivdual went to a Gala forum n asked what they thought of our new boy.... The individual goes by the nick name Logos :rolleyes:

In a word I would describe him as average, or maybe as overrated. He had some good moments for us this year but he was mediocre in general. I hope it's true that PAO want him, because I would love to see him and his big contract go. PAO would have to pay a fee for him, but I'm sure our board would love to find takers for Conceicao and wouldn't ask too much. Somehow, though, I doubt a club like PAO would be after such an average player with a big contract.

The question is can Pana afford to pay a player almost 2 euro million a year, cause thats whats Conceicao is almost earning at Galatasaray.

Anyway If I was the board I would sell him..such a big contract and he isnt bad at all but indeed average/good but not worth a 2 million a year.

We can easily find a replacement who could do the same but earns 50 or 70 % less + there is another foreigner spot free then.

i just answerd my own question:

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews...=65852&idSez=20

Ex-Deportivo and Real Madrid star Conseicao is considered as one of the best defensive midfielders and previously he was targeted even by Chelsea. He is expected to replace Panathinaikos’ power force Angelos Basinas, who is currently looking for a new team, probably in the Premier League (with Portsmouth or Everton likely destinations).

Conseicao has made 49 appearances for the Brazilian national team; he has won the Primera Division twice with Deportivo La Coruna and Real Madrid and the Champions League once with Real Madrid in 2002.

Panathinaikos also signed Chalkidona’s 29-year-old French goalkeeper Embende, and Lazio’s 26-year-old Croatian midfielder Antoni Seric

Do u think if Seric turns out to be good that Pao will make a bid?? by the way this is another huge offer....

Guest gastone_1978

It was about time that we brought a well known foreign player in our team. I guess they figured a way to fill the 65,000 seats capacity Olympic Stadium for the new season.

It's a shame that we moved out of Leoforos but a big Team needs an even bigger stadium to play in. I hope Conceicao is just the begining. Nevertheless we have many gaps to fill up in our team after the transfers of Kyrgiakos, Minch and Basinas.

Let's hope they will find equally good players to replace them.

there are conflicting reorts out of Greece some papers are saying we got him on a free transfer due to a clause in his contract saying if Galatasaray didnt make CL he could walk :tup:

But others say we owe galatas 500000 euros

which one is it guys?

Conceicao to sign for Panathinaikos

ATHENS, June 7 (Reuters) - Brazilian midfielder Flavio Conceicao is expected in Athens on Tuesday to complete his move from Turkish club Galatasaray to Panathinaikos.

A spokesman for Panathinaikos said the deal should be finalised in the next couple of days.

The 31-year-old, who has 47 caps for Brazil and won the Champions League with Real Madrid in 2002, is due to sign a three-year deal worth €1.5 million ($1.85 million) a year. The transfer fee is €500,000.

His arrival at Panathinaikos is likely to hasten the departure of Greek international Angelos Basinas who has been linked with a move to English Premier League side Manchester City.

Panathinaikos coach Alberto Malesani has signed a two-year extension to his contract which will keep him with the club until 2007.

melizani signed for 2 years :nw:

Another example of what I have been saying from the begining... PAO Fans are the worse!!!!! :angry:

We bring Raguels and Kostadinidides, we complain, we bring Croats as free transfers we complain, we bring Kostadinou for 5bn dr, we complai, we get Flavio we complain again because we paid too much!!!! :o

I mean I said it from the beginning... Whatever management does, there will always be people critisisng each and every move....

Now Drakos, get your figures straight... We did not pay 5mn +1.5 mn for 3 years!!! The transfer costed us 4.5 million in TOTAL!!!! Its less than what Palto is getting!!!!

Also we had a great move by showing the way out to lamoio... Also I don't know how Flavio will perform but I can guarantee you this.... HE WILL BE TEN TIMES BETTER THAN THE KLAPSA BASINA!!!! :angry: At least he is a player who can PASS the ball in a two meter distance!!!

Now Kostadinou is probably history because of that issue with Kyrastas's daughter... For those who doesn't know let me know and I will put down the facts for you.. But Michalaki is history I tell you that!!!

Anyway get your facts straight people and let ALberto do his job.. Flavio should be good he is not old (just 31) but most importantly he has been playing constantly.. He has not been abscent from football for years!!!

Another example of what I have been saying from the begining... PAO Fans are the worse!!!!! :angry:

We bring Raguels and Kostadinidides, we complain, we bring Croats as free transfers we complain, we bring Kostadinou for 5bn dr, we complai, we get Flavio we complain again because we paid too much!!!! :o

I mean I said it from the beginning... Whatever management does, there will always be people critisisng each and every move....

Now Drakos, get your figures straight... We did not pay 5mn +1.5 mn for 3 years!!! The transfer costed us 4.5 million in TOTAL!!!! Its less than what Palto is getting!!!!

Also we had a great move by showing the way out to lamoio... Also I don't know how Flavio will perform but I can guarantee you this.... HE WILL BE TEN TIMES BETTER THAN THE KLAPSA BASINA!!!! :angry: At least he is a player who can PASS the ball in a two meter distance!!!

Now Kostadinou is probably history because of that issue with Kyrastas's daughter... For those who doesn't know let me know and I will put down the facts for you.. But Michalaki is history I tell you that!!!

Anyway get your facts straight people and let ALberto do his job.. Flavio should be good he is not old (just 31) but most importantly he has been playing constantly.. He has not been abscent from football for years!!!

what happened with Kyrstas daughter and Konstantinou?

Konstadinou found a new Gomenaki that was Kyrastas daughter... Apparently he left her pregnant and he wasn't recognising the kid as his own...

Then Tzigger (due to his friendship with Kyrastas) got Michalaki and told him "Real men stand up to their responsibilities" and Michalaki was doing the papia :whistle: ...

That pissed Tzigger off, who basically told him to take a hike from PAO, as PAO family doesn't encourage these things...

To be honest with you I don't blame him. Although this is not a reason for showing the way out to a footballer, it seems that it was another driving factor along with the high salary of Michalaki and his low performance overall in those five years that made Tzigger wanting to give him away....

typical bullshit made up by our board... funny thing is that alot of the pao fans will belive this....

I TOLD U GUYS THAT THEY WOULD MAKE UP SOME EXCUSE NOT TO RE-SIGN HIM...

Jst like our other players (nikopolidis, lybe)

i wonder whats next?? Gonzelez was cought masterbating over 13 year old girls and thats the reason why they wont re-sighn him??

Which part didn't you understand?

It is all over the Greek press, what "bullshit" are u talking about...

This is what happened, and Kyratsas was mates with Tzigger... I think Tziggers reaction is quite understandable... But he wante ti throw him out anyway due to his high contract.....

ahuh, arnt u the one that said "dnt belive the papers" because there written under Kokalis????

What a loud of crap i could see this coming from a mile away and i stated this alot in my past posts that pao would come up with a UNbeliveable excuse to why they dnt wanna sighn kostantinou.....

gents, i believe that this is a great signing by PAO, because not only will he be a great addition to Equi, but he will also;

1) He will provide what we have been missing at midfield WINNING BALLS, something we did not do last year with consistency, because our midfielders did not want to run.

2) He will allow the creative players to create, because of his ability to retreat and prevent counterattacks,

3) He will make the midfield more compact, due to his tactical ability

4) and he will provide an attack from the middle of the field.

So for those of us that have been watching this team for decades, this is a great signing...May they continue with them...

Archived