Phantis Forums

The appeal

Montreal_Thrillos

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ur dreaming mate if they do that hooligans will see the leugue punishment as a joke and we'll be back at square 1

Theyve set a precedent which is good for Greek soccer

Unfortunately OSFP copped the consequences but for Greek Soccers sake i hop they stick to their guns :gr:

I reckon if oly won the appeal it would make Greek soccer worst as the holigans would label the EPO soft cocks

I know the Oly fans are whinning how its cost them the title

BUT IF PAO WAS IN THE SAME POSITION I WOULD SACRAFICE WINNING THE TITLE TO STOP HOOLIGANISM IN GREEK SOCCER

:gr: :gr: :gr:

i stronlgy disagree the 3 points they already lost them..by not playing panionio

i dont see why they should lose 3 more points to tell people hey stop rioting,

the players earned that win on the field. the players should not be punished by this,.

the administration yes but notthe players!!

i stronlgy disagree the 3 points they already lost them..by not playing panionio

i dont see why they should lose 3 more points to tell people hey stop rioting,

the players earned that win on the field. the players should not be punished by this,.

the administration yes but notthe players!!

let me ask u this:

would u do anything to stamp out hooliganism (ie lose a title, sacrafice points)

?

FOR ME I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO MAKE GREEK SOCCER #1 !!!!

listen Olympiakos should not have been taken away 3 points

i can leave with the fact that they lost an opportunity for 3 points v Panionios

but those 3 points taken off the table was earned by the club

the players earned them

bring back those lost points we need them

listen Olympiakos should not have been taken away 3 points

i can leave with the fact that they lost an opportunity for 3 points v Panionios

but those 3 points taken off the table was earned by the club

the players earned them

bring back those lost points we need them

u guys dont give a $hit about greek soccer

give them back cos we need them wtf is that

cop the punishement and soccer will be soo much better

im not saying this cos im a pao fan even if it happened to pao i would feel the same

sure OSFP didnt need the punishment being up on the table with pao etc but GREEK SOCCER NEEDED IT

please stick to ur guns hellas!!! :box:

Guest Protathlitis

would u do anything to stamp out hooliganism (ie lose a title, sacrafice points)

So you're saying that Osfp should be the club to sacrifice 2mill euros and 6 points for the good of our league:

WELL THATS A WHOLE OTHER ARGUMENT : thats a dangerous thing to argue

At least your not saying that Osfp deserves the punishment and pao or aek dont.

im not saying this cos im a pao fan even if it happened to pao i would feel the same

Sure you would...........I can just imagine the amount of s%$#! I'd have to read about anti-pao conspiracies

So you're saying that Osfp should be the club to sacrifice 2mill euros and 6 points for the good of our league:

WELL THATS A WHOLE OTHER ARGUMENT : thats a dangerous thing to argue

At least your not saying that Osfp deserves the punishment and pao or aek dont.

i dont care it sets a precedent unfortunately OSFP were involved full stop

U guys should cop it on the chin and move on the seasons not over and its not the end of the world

My 2 cents: not only the decision should stand but it OLY & Panionios should be told that they are ON PROBATION... with further problems bringing even HARDER penalties.

I believe that points should be won and lost on the pitch but the situation is ridiculous, and unless teams' fans realize that they'll cost their team points, nothing good will happen.

Next time PAO, AEK, PAOK, all the other teams create problems, they should get -3 plus lost game, plus put on probation for a set amount of time. I'm fair, but I'm fed up!

How dare you (meaning the rich owners) take my money and not treating me with respect???!!!! You tax me, you allow the hooligans to destroy my business and my property, hurt me, can't go to any game I like to watch it as a fan of the sport and of my team, forgive millions of $$$$, build stadia, etc, etc.....

Excuse me, but the authorities and the clubs themselves must fix a very broken system. I pay for the damages and I have demands! Period.

If by any chance the penalties are reversed, OLy fans will be happy but the greek league will continue to be crappy with bad reputation and not worthy of a modern country (which recently won the euro trophy and hosted the Olympics..... SHAME!!!!)

My 2 cents: not only the decision should stand but it OLY & Panionios should be told that they are ON PROBATION... with further problems bringing even HARDER penalties.

I believe that points should be won and lost on the pitch but the situation is ridiculous, and unless teams' fans realize that they'll cost their team points, nothing good will happen.

Next time PAO, AEK, PAOK, all the other teams create problems, they should get -3 plus lost game, plus put on probation for a set amount of time. I'm fair, but I'm fed up!

How dare you (meaning the rich owners) take my money and not treating me with respect???!!!! You tax me, you allow the hooligans to destroy my business and my property, hurt me, can't go to any game I like to watch it as a fan of the sport and of my team, forgive millions of $$$$, build stadia, etc, etc.....

Excuse me, but the authorities and the clubs themselves must fix a very broken system. I pay for the damages and I have demands! Period.

If by any chance the penalties are reversed, OLy fans will be happy but the greek league will continue to be crappy with bad reputation and not worthy of a modern country (which recently won the euro trophy and hosted the Olympics..... SHAME!!!!)

i feel for the Oly fans yes the punishment was harsh but IM ALSO FED UP WITH THIS CRAP TOO!

THIS PROBLEM HAS TO BE SOLVED AND IF THIS IS WHAT TAKES THEN SO BE IT!!!!!

the punishment was hard.

hooliganism has to be kicked out of football. :tdown:

BUT: do you really think a punishment like this will change things?

i hope things will change with this, but i just cant believe they will.

as far as i am informed a lot of law people in greece say that the punishment cant be held as it is. i dont have the knowledge why, but they say that the punishment should be much less than it is. the fine, match ban and the points should be lessened. thats what they say:

ethnosport:

Sure you would...........I can just imagine the amount of s%$#! I'd have to read about anti-pao conspiracies

i gotta agree with this statement

if u guys were involved... out of 10 9 pao fans would agree to get the 3 points added back on. so when u say you would sacrifice 3 points for the sake of the league.. i gotta disagree (not you only in general)

you wanna stop hooligans... you have them on video tape,, go to their home an d arrest them

with the amount of technology it should not be that hard to do so

You wanna stop hooliganism... arrest them on spot. hire more police officers.

I really have to agree with Athinaios on this one. It was a very harsh punishment, but a precedent has to be set with ALL of the football clubs, not just Oly. Don't forget Oly fans, Panionios got nailed as well eh. But there should also be a larger police presence and arrests have to be made. The fact that the hooligans pictures were splattered all over the various media outlets and nothing was done about it is a testament to the fact that the clubs don't care. I believe that if Oly, Panionio, PAO, AEK, PAOK, etc... really gave a flying f#$k about this situation, they would go out of their way to find those chumps who are responsible for this stuff and turn them into the police.

The league needs to clean itself up. This is a good opportunity to do it. If Oly's appeal is heard and they get their 3 points back...... :tdown:

Anyway, it seems some websites refuse to back down from their position. Maybe they know something we don't....Hmm....I wonder who owns this website?

Click here for the latest "true" :nono: standings.

http://sportnews.flash.gr/newsinenglish/

You should say " got on the pitch " standings

Anyhow Pana should have been in the 2nd place and AEK on third for goal difference

It was a blessing for sore eyes, nothing more , I am afraid

I hope I am wrong

actually if Pao and AEK are tied in the standings AEK as the advantage b/c they beat Pao 1-0 a few weeks ago

anyways by tomorrow Olympiakos should be back in first place if the right thing is done here

we'll find out within 24 hours....

As a person who believes that the worth of a team is earned on the pitch, I would have no problem if OLY were ahead of PAO in the standings. However, I would also have no problem if PAO got the same severe punishment for something totally unacceptable.

I believe that unless you deduct points (plus other penalties) there will always be stupid fans that will continue being like animals. They only understand if their team loses due to their behavior!

And, I don't want to hear ridiculous arguments from EPAE that this kind of penalties don't exist elsewhere. I don't care Mr. Likourezo, this is a problem here and we've got to fix it. Now!

I don't care,what happens. Closed doors? OK. A Fine? Double it, Kokkalis is good for it anyway. But DON'T take away what r players have earned on the field. They didn't do this. A few idiots did! This is not how to decide a championship

believe that unless you deduct points (plus other penalties) there will always be stupid fans that will continue being like animals.

I am all for it but how much of a penalty is fair? Do we want, for instance, OSFP to be sent in B ethniki? Why not? I hope the penalty will be severe enough to make club management feel the pain but current penalty is out of proportions. What I would accept as sufficient is :

Three matches without fans with option for increasing to 5 if not showing signs of compliance during this season. Fine to stay as it is now. No repeat of the N. Smirni game coz they are responsible for making that game unsafe. No points deducted.

I think the above are harsh enough, especially if accompanied with probation for future non-compliance.

And, I don't want to hear ridiculous arguments from EPAE that this kind of penalties don't exist elsewhere.

This isn't right. Many times Greeks underestimate foreign experience. There are quite a few sensible reasons for not removing points. The easy solution for the state is to say "let's solve the problem by removing points" because it doesn't require a substantial effort in improving police effectiveness and law infrastructure. It's more of a demagogic way of handling the issue.

Btw, I won't be unhappy if the penalty remains unmodified. I will be at the corner laughing out loudly the next time PAO fans behave similarly. The government will be in in a tough position then. They will be unable to touch hard their beloved Vardinogianni family but the huge judicial prescedent will be impossible to overcome without severe repercussions to their image.

Because, as you know, such a prescedent won't be forgotten in the many years to come. Just remember that.

But I am sure they will lessen the penalty. It is not by chance that Likourezos became EPAE president at this very moment. He was elected by all PAE because he is THE man for dirty-under-the-table agreements ;)

If it was me I would raise the fine to 500,000 euro just for daring to appeal, have another 4 matches with closed doors and order for a KATASXESH XARISMENHS AKINHTHS PERIOUSIAS!!!!! :P :P :box:

OYST LAMOIO LYKOUREZO THA GINEIS KAI ESY SAN TON KANELLOPOULO GIA NA MHN SE VRIZOYN OI TSOUKALO-EFHMERIDES!!! STASOY STO YPSOS SOY KOPRITH!!!!! :box:

Archived