Phantis Forums

HRAKLIS - PANATHINAIKOS

vasilis13

God, is this torture going to keep all year long?

PS : Question. Why were Fyssas and Zutautas allowed to take freekicks?

PS2 : Question. Why does every pass towards Konstantinou have to be at the height of his neck?

PS3 : Remark. Guess what. Apart from the 5 injured, we now miss Sanmarteans (four yellows) and Vlaovic (red carded) from the next game. Isn't it fun? I haven't seen who we play next, but I really hope it's someone easy.

kilmanrok....

sanmartean did not collect a yellow card this game....he only has 3...

did the rule change from 5 yellows to 4?? last year i remeber basinas missing a game after his 5th yellow....anyway, i think near the end when zut and fyssas were takin the freekick because they wanted all their offensive players to storm the box, other than that i have no explanantion... konstantinou is very good in the air and with his head, but i agree, they sould serve him more through balls and more passes to his feet....for next game, i dont think vlaovic is that huge of a loss...we always have warzycha :D ....but he still should not have reacted in that manner.

as for the game, it wasnt pretty but we got the points, we need to stop getting injured...last year we rarely had injuries, i guess they are all coming to us this year...we seemed tired on the pitch and though we possesed decently, we didnt push forward all too much...

its a win though :tup:

kilmanrok....

sanmartean did not collect a yellow card this game....he only has 3...

did the rule change from 5 yellows to 4?? last year i remeber basinas missing a game after his 5th yellow

The rulr for suspension is 3 cards = 1game, 6 cards=2, 9 cards=3.

Lucian my boy, you must learn to control yourself.

Truth though is that he gets hacked a few times during games but he must not seek vengeance.

Dimi Papadopoulos is turning into a Star! Get in there son!

Yes, but Fyssas has scored a thousand times from a set piece. I mean, I'm pretty sure we've all seen Fyssas play, and I appreciate him but there's probably not more than 5 people in the league that can take a freekick worse than he does. Even Goumas would have been a better choice.

Anyway, it just didn't figure that Basinas or Sanmartean didn't go for the kicks.

Papadopoulos is really great but consider this. Who makes all the space for him so that he can run and be found free in the box? If you watch the goal closely you'll see Konstantinou pushing forward with the defenders on his back and Papadopoulos being free in the box and having an easy job.

What I'm saying is that Papadopoulos needs someone to create the space for him. He's not a lone striker like Olisadebe. So, again, give Konstantinou some credit. The kid is fine and sweats more than anyone on the pitch. And I insist, if the midfield worked decently and created some through balls he would instantly shine.

I say, if things don't work out for him this year, let him move to another club, let's not burn him completely.

And yes, a win is a win, but I'd prefer to create and loose. And maybe there is no such thing as a promising loss, but there's definitely a thing called a troubling victory. It's what PAO's been practicing for the last 3 years in Greece. The last time I can remember us performing ok (in the league that is) is last year against OSFP in Leoforos. What we lack is a quality creative midfield, not striker efficiency. It's amazing how our strikers can even score. I say, if we can win games the way we've been playing, imagine what we could if we could get some quality into the squad. But who will serve the balls? Basinas? Or maybe Zutautas? It's not their freaking job. Sanmarteans is good, but he can't do it on his own. Just like Giovanni is good but he can't singlehandedly take on all of the opponent's defencive line.

Anyway, I don't blame the players. It's like asking from the Proodeftiki players to play offensively. It's simply impossible, but that doesn't make them crap.

Anyway, we play Aegaleo next game and Aegaleo's no Iraklis. Actually, I would dare say that Aegaleo is by far the best side we've handled so far in the league. The way things are going, I'll be satisfied with a 0-0 draw against them (re pou ftasame...)

evergreen, i dont think that is the rule because if it was, then lucian would have missed this game....in most other leagues in europe it is 5 yellows to miss a game, i thought it wasd that way last year in greece because i remeber basinas missing a game after 5 cards....

kilmanrok, i completly agree with u about michalakis....i think he is one of our best players and has alot of potential...he alwyas works hard and creates many chances and opens up space for other players to play...just look at the goal vs rangers, his flick created dimis cross which created konstantinidis' goal.. i dont think he will burn out, he is still pretty young and his career seems to just start to begun....he has had a greeat year with iraklis and one with us, last year he was alittle out of it, but this year he seems to be back...i dont wanna see him get sold and not play at all like karagounis...i think his skill needs to develop a bit more before he is ready for a top european club...

as for ure quote "And yes, a win is a win, but I'd prefer to create and loose."...i somewhat agree with you, but if we want the protathlima with olympiakos on our heels, a win is a win and we need every point...i would love to see us create and -play consistant great football, but i would much rather us get the points needed, then play well and lose...i would like to see us play well and win...

as for our midfield, their job is to control the play and feed our strikers...we have somewhat been controlling play and yes the feeding has been off, but this is a completly new midfield that arent quite as good as last years, and it is basinas and zuataus job to feed the strikers...it everyones job...the point of the team is to play together as a WHOLE...yes there are certain posisitons that should exploit this job (sanmartean, which he has been doing pretty well...5 assisits already) but everyone should look to feed and help everyone... if u dont play for yourself or your coach, u shud play for the players busting their ass next to you....we havent seem to be doing that...some players have, but some havent..i think our main weakness is on the wings....our defenders are solid, and down the center of midfield we have heart, end-less work and enough talent and our strikers are hard working and can finish...what we seem to lack is outside midfielders....michaelsen is getting alittle old and lets face it, epalle is doing nothing....konstantinidis isnt the player to really create and i dont particularly always trust maric when he is on the pitch and munch doesnt do anything....we need strong outside midfielders that can create and feed the ball from the wings in to our tall, powerful strikers in the middle....through balls, balls to feet, crosses, we havent been seeing this consistancy from our outside midfielders...sanmartean, basinas and zutautus can do it but everyone needs to do it as well....

i could analyze our team forever, but the facts are that we need to be smart this winter to buy at least one outside midfielder that can do something for us, mb rosso is what we need, i havent quite seen him all that much to tell, he seems like mb he can help us.....aegaleo will be a pretty tough test, but we can get out of there with more than a draw....i definitly think we can get a win...our players will be alittle more rested and hopefully they will produce....we can definitly win this match....

Another discraceful performance by PAO (dont be fooled by the result guys) against Iraklis. I cant understand how nobody says anything to those clowns, and people continue to go to Leoforos watch this so called 'team'.

We have made so many 'Kaminades' during the game that made me wander, what would have happened if we played against a serious European team (probably the same as Manchester)...

I have to say that Basinas is in a role that he cannot perform, no comment about Zutautas (the giy cannot even control the ball), and Sanmartean plays close to the attackers, which means that he hardly gets the ball in order to make a descent pass to the attack...

I dont know guys but somethiong has to change... And change FAST!!! ;)

I dont know how many of you realise that the quality of footbal that we play is much worse than that of the Santos era. It is just that now we had some lucky results domestically (Ionikos 82nd minute, Xanthi 87th minute, Iraklis 75th minute etc etc) that keep the club from falling apart.... I think sooner or later if something doesnt change this will definently happen....... :unsure: :unsure:

Yes, you're right pao 123, the rule must have changed. can someone shed some light?

I agree with pao 123, Konstantinou is fighting and sweating ever game but that kaminada football doesn't help, especially when you've got Basina and Fyssas hoofing the ball up the park with the hope he can eventually flick it on for someone..arhg, english football in the 70's....

I can't see Shum turning this around, the team isn't improving at all since the 2nd half of the OFI game. We are showing fighting spirit but we are first only because the other teams we have played so far are worse than us.

Shum is lucky so far very lucky. I don't think he is good enough since i see the same crap every game. and I don't like the formatins, especially with Zutautas and Basinas in the same team, one is more unskillful than the other.

this is the worst soccer i have seen panathinaikos play since i can remember. its very frustrating to watch a team that does not have 1 damn midfielder to take the ball and create an oppotunity all game. i beleive that our forwards were working hard yesterday, but its impossible to score when the team has mid's incapabble of getting them the ball. sanmartean was nothing, and zutautas is not good enough to play 3rd division.

we were lucky to get 3 points yesterday, and if it wasnt for nikopolidis save we would have drawn. right now this team sucks monkey nutts...people say wait it out, give them a chance.....bull... ive been watching soccer a long time to realize that this team has no chance. there are many questions, and im not going to sit here and try to answer them. all i know is that i had to vent my frustrations somewhere because its painfull to watch it come to this.

Gents, I share my frustrations with you all, and believe me it kills me that we havent won the league in so many years, however i must say that i think we are been a little to harsh on them, except for zutautas. All he has is a decent shot if that.

Lets look at the positives. Iraklis aint exactly the easiest team to beat in the league away (aek drew up there) yet we left thessaloniki with 3 points and we werent even firing on all cylinders. Look at man utd, they dun break into a sweat or perform to their max capacity to get 3 points in domestic games (i know were no utd). Imagine what we would be like once their is a cohesion in the team, or should i say when the team gels together, without zutautas bc hes just hopeless. At the moment, the defence is playing on their own, our midfield is just on another planet and our strikers are left to pick up mere scraps that come their way. Lucky we have a good strikeforce otherwise this whole conversation would be alot more heated at the moment. And mind you we are playing without perhaps our best player olisadebe.

I will however admit that i cant see this happening with shum at the helm. Weve seen his ideas so far and i doubt he has anything else up his sleeve, and playing basinas and zutautas together in the centre aint gonna work creatively at all. Both are defensive minded players, and neither of them are the classic "playmaker", something PAO has been lacking for ages. And i agree, we are weak on both flanks, but we just need to work and focus on that area. And yes, it would be a smart move to look for a solution on the wings the next transfer window, just as long as zaets doesnt have the last wordon who we buy in that area bc than chances are theyll be a croatian and thats prolly the last thing we need.

Archived