Phantis Forums

Skazni appointed Head Coach

Lalin

PAO just announced Skazni as head coach. No other details are being mentioned at the moment.

What will follow is that he will obey and follow Zaec's directives. I am upset as it is. It would piss me off to death if this means that Halkias will lose his place as first keeper. He earned that right. I hope that Zaec comes to his senses on this matter.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this guy won 2 championships with Sparta Prague in the Czech Rep. and a Cup championship with a small Czech team before he came to OFI. I don't think you can say he did bad with OFI. They finished in the middle of the league which is where they have been since the mid 90's. Skazny is gonna have a real tough job cause results are gonna have to come immediately but he knows this team very very well and it will show if he's a good coach or not very early. Let's hope he turns out good.

Well, this guy won 2 championships with Sparta Prague in the Czech Rep. and a Cup championship with a small Czech team before he came to OFI.

Actually,he was assistant coach in Sparta Prague and after that he took over Victoria Ziskow. He took the cup and lost the title in goals average.

He's better than Mr.Schum,but only time will tell for him...

Experienced campaigner

Scasny, 47, is promoted from the scouting role he has occupied at Panathinaikos since November 2003, when he stood down as OFI Crete FC coach. The details of his contract remain undisclosed. Prior to joining OFI in May 2002, Scasny had been in charge of AC Sparta Praha (1998-99) and FK Viktoria Zizkov (1998-2002).

Re his background doesn't make any difference... Since Kapetanios was gone and all these positions such as "technical manager" etc were created the coaches coming and going are all puppets. The are occuping the front-line so that they get all the fire when s%$#! comes down... Same was Markarian, Santos, Schum etc etc...

That is why Bajevic never came and that is why Osim doesn't want to come.... The last of the real coaches at PAO was Kyrastas.... Even the 'big rebel' Anastasiadis took orders from Zaec (otherwise Souza wouldn't have played at all)... ;)

The sooner you will realise the situation the better.... If Zaec doesn't go our coach position will be just for the eyes of the public....

He must have some credentials as he previously coached sparta prague. Now there are no more excuses for Zaets if things do not work out from now.

If things turn for the worse Zaets will be next in line for long service leave. Lets not forget Shums experience was limited on champions league level and management knew about it.

So you can't blame him in the first place, the decision was made by management.

Lets see if attitude changes in the squad with the new appointment.

Management must make a decision if manoli and samartean continue to be injury plagued. Then they must look for new blood to replace these guys.

The reason manoli didn't extend his career in england because the poms knew that had injury woes, that why he failed the medical and the transfer fell threw.

Although these guys are brilliant players, there are no good to us if they only play one or two games in a season.

I said it before. Scazny is a good coach, but he can't coach a Greek team, where lineups and training matters are run by others (managers, team presidents ...). That's why he was let go at OFI, and I see the same outcome at PAO. As long as he listens to Zaets, and the team does well, he will be fine, but if the team loses few games he will be out of there.

I want to take this opportunity and wish him all the best in PAO, hoping that he will repeat and better Shums (Zaec) work. Time will tell if he will succumb to the dictatorship of Zaec and to what extent.

this is a huge disapointment for me. not that hes a bad coach its just that all this dirty business with Zaec and its becoming his team, players he wants play coaches he want take charge....

guys wake up Soum was not fired because of poor performances...i feel this change is going to shake up the team and cause us to drop a couple points....i dont think we would drop any with Soum. Galinovic does not deserve the 1st spot.... i will be very angry to see him take it in the first game. this team is for ATHENS not for Zaec and his stupid croatian football dream. Why couldnt we have gotten Rocha back???? Thats the team i want to see again.....

if galinovic starts next saturday we will know whats going on...skazni is not qualified to coach pao...zaec is not going anywhere anytime soon so we just have to wait and see whats gunna happen...mb we will do better then expected but i am not happy with this at all..

horrible horrible move from Zaiec and co. As good as i know Scasni's biggest success is becoming 2nd with Victoria Zyzkov in Czech Gambrinus some years ago... pity that the biggest candidate for being Zaiec's puppet is selected... :(

and i have to say i smell a rebuilding with all the croatians making the line-up... <_<

I was not a fan of Shoum and I'm very happy to see him go!

Now, I don't know this new guy, but my first reaction is that he doesn't have the credentials to be PAO's coach. I wish him the best. I do hope he's got ..balls and the integrity to stand up to management and select the best players for the team....

PAO needs a coach who 1. has the eye to see who's doing what on the pitch. 2. has a strong personality 3. has a VISION to lead the team to the future..........

AND, finally, PAO's management/owners should stop behaving like a whore... I read Pappou's cited article and I almost wept.... We should get a great coach and give him the time to produce....

Otherwise, we'll be like the ..Mets and the Knicks (in NY) who change coaches like dirty underwear....

Don't go after Zaec ...go after Vardinoyiannis Clan ...they give the power to Zaec.... They refuse to give clear structures....in order to control everything...

Sorry to tell you.... but you have structures.... of a Feudal Era......

and don't forget guys.....

The Greek Way of Managing Football Clubs:

Absolutism.., Patriarchic.., Feudal.., Arbitrary.., Aimless., Erratic

- - -

In the Greek World of Football...

the technical decisions are taken by the person with the biggest wallet, not with the most technical knowledge

PS.. Except very few clubs

if galinovic starts next saturday we will know whats going on...skazni is not qualified to coach pao...zaec is not going anywhere anytime soon so we just have to wait and see whats gunna happen...mb we will do better then expected but i am not happy with this at all..

Guys you dont have to see Galinovic in to realise that Zaec rules... Halkias will probably start but that won't mean anything... Perhaps they don't want to create to much fuzz by putting galinovic in as soon as Schum left the team.... ;)

I am telling you. The last coach at PAO was Kyrastas (RIP) in the 1999-2000 seasons... Since then PAO HAS NO coaches!!! ;)

I think we are blowing this whole Puppet thing way out of proportion. Yes the coach meets with Zajec to discuss the team but the coach is always given the final word in decisions. Shum said himself that he was the one who decided everything last year and he would only meet with Zajec before games to discuss the team. Yes Zajec would make recommendations and yes sometimes Shum would do what Zajec recommended but Shum never did anything that he didn't want to do. The problems started happening this year amongst Zajec and Shum. When Shum went against what zajec said and decided to start Morris on the right and ended up being wrong for doing so. Once Management saw the mistakes Shum was making they had Zajec step in and start giving the starting linueps and so on and so forth. Of course Shum didn't like this which led to his firing. However, i think management will give Skazny a chance to try and do what he wants to do with this team and he will only meet with Zajec before games like Shum did at first.

Archived