Phantis Forums

A' Division: PAOK - Iraklis

Ziaka

On Sunday PAOK hosts Iraklis in the local "derby". Iraklis so far is undefeated in league play, while PAOK has one win and one loss. Following PAOK's exit from Europe, the team needs to pick things up and this game would be a good starting point. PAOK played it's best game on Thursday against Alkmaar so far this season, so the team might be on its way up (like we could go any lower).

I see a good game with any result possible. As long as PAOK defense pays attention to Miecel and Signori, we should be able to win or at least get a tie.

My prediction is 2-1 win for PAOK.

This is a big game in everyway local rivals and a team starting out very brightly in Iraklis winning its first two games and Paok he have 1 one and lost one but in down spirits since being exited from European play

Actually i would like to see the turn out in Toumba hopefully a good one if they do turn out it will be a close game

But Iraklis i think will win this game, they haven't allowed a goal this seasona it will coutinue since Paok can't score goals and i have also picked Iraklis a suprise team to finish 3rd in the Greek league this season

but i hope for a good game

good luck two both teams

PAOK played it's best game on Thursday against Alkmaar so far this season, so the team might be on its way up (like we could go any lower).

No offence but i belive u can and will go lower at this point :tdown: i predict a 2-0 to Iraklis However i want you guys to win so Papou can shut his mouth about the other papou Bepe :P

I can totally appreciate that Evergreen. I really can. But ultimately, I could see the Englishman's point of view.

But I wouldn't go on a British soccer forum...or any other language forum for that matter...and start using Greek translations in place of what the "natives" call it. That just wouldn't make sense.

First off, I believe it's disrespectful to those who identify with a particular language or region of the world to have it changed to suit someone, who by the way clearly knows the name of a place, just so that they can put a Turkish equivalent to it. Why? Shouldn't people be mindful of the fact that they are in a Greek forum and we are talking about Greek cities, towns, teams, with an immense history behind them all?

If we are to use the rationale that it's okay to use other language equivalents, then where would it end? Just toss in the use of a flag, or a name of a region. We might as well accept it all easily. One obvious example would be the whole FYROM vs. Macedonia debate.

I certainly don't want to make this political. I think Turk's postings are fair, insightful, and he's certainly opened up a fresh and intelligent perspective in these forums. But at the same time I was born in Thessaloniki, in northern Greece which is also known as Macedonia. I feel a deep sense of attachment to the place. If I'm going to spend time in a Greek/English forum talking about a sport that we all love, then I'd like to do it with the knowledge that certain names that we all know and identify with, are not going to be usurped to suit someone who clearly knows what the English equivalent is.

I hope I haven't gone overboard and I certainly don't want this to turn into something huge. I'm just asking that the Greek/English translations be used instead of anything else.

Batigol, no need to take such things to heart. Thats what the turks call the city, oh well. And we refer to Istanbul as Constantinople, so if anyone wants anything by ANY chance, they can always launch an invasion, other than that, sta a*****a mas. You know how nationalism goes about in the Balkans.

Anyways back to the derby in MACEDONIA, just when PAOKS troubles reached a high with anastasiadis leaving and the alkmar loss, Iraklis comes to toumba .

It'll still be close dont get me wrong, but Paok cant and wont stop Iraklara ! With a dead PAOK and a new generation AEK, its IRAKLIS' year to shine. :tup:

But I wouldn't go on a British soccer forum...or any other language forum for that matter...and start using Greek translations in place of what the "natives" call it. That just wouldn't make sense.

guys in all fairness give turk a break......

he probably didnt know how to say this region in greek or in english.....who cares he made a mistake maybe he though it was the same as english i doubt he did it on purpose....and hey if you think that is wierd selanik did you know what they call Ellas ???? Yunanistan. :blink: where does this come from?????? anyways.

About the Salanik/ Thessaloniki issue it's all cool.

Getting back to the game, I didn't see the game but PAOK certainly showed some balls winning this game. They are in turmoil and had to overcome a strong Iraklis team and showed they have if anything pride and cojones!!

Well done to PAOK!

A win is a win though....and at this point, I think PAOK will take them any way they can.

As far as this whole language issue goes, I can't agree with a lot of what some of you guys have said. I feel quite strongly about the fact that this is a Greek forum and it should be respected as such. But being that as it is, I'm not going to raise this issue again. Call it whatever you will, it's probably best to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

FORZA ELLAS!

FORZA PAOK!

Finally luck has smiled on PAOK for a change. Iraklis lost several clear cut scoring chances in first half, but suprisingly Atmatsidis was able to make some good saves. PAOK was better in the 2nd half and could have score 2 more goals. Maybe this is the turning point for the team, and slowly we can get back on track. I also hope that the fans start returning to Toumba to support the team.

As for the language thing, everyone has ther right to have his opinion and they can express it here as long as things are kept civilized. I am happy to see that this matter has discussed in a civilized manner.

Wait till you AEKAKIA and EGALEAKIA come to Kaytatzoglio!!! Then you will see who lives in his dream world!!!

FORZA BEPE AND SERGIO!!!

PAOK was very lucky in this game. Simple as that!!! :angry:

ohhhh poor papou his gonna have to cryyyyyy ooo0o0o0o0o its ok re :tup:

When Aigaleo sends ur bepe to hell then you can cry even more :P

Wait till you AEKAKIA and EGALEAKIA come to Kaytatzoglio!!! Then you will see who lives in his dream world!!!

FORZA BEPE AND SERGIO!!!

PAOK was very lucky in this game. Simple as that!!! :angry:

ohhhh poor papou his gonna have to cryyyyyy ooo0o0o0o0o its ok re :tup:

When Aigaleo sends ur bepe to hell then you can cry even more :P

When are you people going to wake up to the fact that Singori is in Greece for a holiday and his pension.

If he was really that good he wouldn't have left the Seria A to come to Greece.

Archived