Phantis Forums

Galatasaray Thread

No reply since erciyes cup match dissapoinment? :LOL:

Anyway here is another Erciyes match but this one was a league game :box:

Probably gs lost their last hopes with this match.

gs 0 - 1 Erciyes

Congratulations to Bulent and his footballers :rolleyes:

Btw I still love cow hakan :D Who claims that I dont? :not:

I dont like him just when he is playing in Turkish national team! He obviously does not deserve that! We should also look for our future! If you want to take someone from gs take necati, umit karan or hasan kabze but not outfit, old cow hakan!

Good job Erciyes... Once again! :D

They were just unlucky on bjk and ts games. They would win them too

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw I still love cow hakan :D Who claims that I dont? :not:

I dont like him just when he is playing in Turkish national team! He obviously does not deserve that! We should also look for our future! If you want to take someone from gs take necati, umit karan or hasan kabze but not outfit, old cow hakan!

Good job Erciyes... Once again! :D

They were just unlucky on bjk and ts games. They would win them too

ulan serefsiz!! hayvanlasma!! sana kac kere soylemem lazim eee??

Saygini goster ------ herif...

bu kadar yeter!!

utan be!! saygisiz...

Don't you know fair-play?? Are you a racist of some sort? Don't you have any values...

shame shame shame...

Okuzluk yapma lan dag ayisi... Eger hakan sukursen soyle demem. Yoksa o demedikce ben onun bu inek lafindan hoslanmadigini bilip bileMEM

Dallamalik yapma agzini topla. Bu kadar fanatik olmanin luzumu yok. ;)

Seems like u dont even know the meaning of "racist" :)... If you say that i am a racist because I am attacking to cow-kind race... Ok sorry about that :D

As long as he plays or he says that he dont like that word I will keep calling him cow whether u like it or not ;)

It is way better words than u said to me in Turkish on your last message. Stay calm...exhale-inhale...exhale-inhale...exhale-inhale :D Count to 100000000000000000000 then I am sure you will be fine :not:

haha really? u think im a fanatik? i'm trying to protect the right of a Turkish legend and am really suprised that u (being a turk) would criticise a player that has played his heart out for his country. Let's not forget those goals that hakan scored for the NT.

Think logically, hakan is a turk, if u call him a cow-like race, ur sayin that humans r cows or turks r cows...

act responsibly.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

and the press conference for our man's signing..

here are a few of his remarks during the press conference..

- I am delighted to be here. I needed to change my basics and Galatasaray's offer was too good to refuse.

- What I saw at the airport last night.. Wow.. I have always been a member of distinct European football clubs and usually their fans are true fans but this was more than quite different. I really enjoyed it the moment I set my feet on the country.

- I want to thank Necati for giving me his jersey, # 10, because he gave it to me on behalf of all my teammates. That's a great gesture.

- If I am 30 % of Hagi and do 30 % of what he has done, I will consider myself successful. He is such a legend in world football.

- I talked to Fenerbahce's Alex before signing. But the main factor in my signature was former Galatasaray goalkeeper Claudio Taffarel, who is like a father to me in all respects.

- I am here to fight for victories and I am going to battle it out to the skin of my teeth 100 %.

- I am also very happy to work under Karlheinz Feldkamp, our new coach.

We have totally swamped the face of Galatasaray football team and here are the necessary and longed-for info about all of our new players..

I'll put in all the details of the players.. History / Price Tag / Annual Wage / Contract Length

Cassio de Souza Soares LINCOLN

Player History

1997-2001 CA Mineiro (Brazil) App: 50 Gls: 4 Ast: 15

2001-2004 Kaiserslautern (Germany) App: 53 Gls: 12 Ast: 7

2004-2007 Schalke (Germany) App: 83 Gls: 20 Ast: 31

Player Details

Height: 177 cm

Weight: 71 kg

Birthdate: January 22, 1979

Birthplace: Sao Bras do Suaciui, Brazil

Nationality: Brazil

Position: AM C

Jersey Number: # 10

Paid Fee: €5M

Contract Details: 4yrs, €2.5M + bonuses yearly

Ismael BOUZID

Player History

2001-2003 Jarville (Algeria) App: 27 Gls: 1

2003-2004 Union Berlin (Germany) App: 21 Gls: 1

2004-2006 Mouloudia (Algeria) Apps: 40 Gls: 3

2006-2007 Kaiserslautern (Germany: Apps: 25 Gls: 0

Player Details

Height: 190 cm

Weight: 84 kg

Birthdate: July 21, 1983

Birthplace: Nancy, France

Nationality: Algeria / France

Caps: 4 caps for Algeria

Position: D C, D R

Jersey Number: # 15

Fee Paid: €700k

Contract Details: 3yrs, €550k yearly

Tobias LINDEROTH

Player History

1996-1998 Elfsborg (Sweden) Apps: 57 Gls: 4 Ast: 7

1998-2002 Stabaek (Norway) Apps: 68 Gls: 9 Ast: 5

2002-2004 Everton (England) Apps: 40 Gls: 0 Ast: 2

2004-2007 FC Kobenhavn (Denmark) Apps: 127 Gls: 6 Ast: 21

Player Details

Height: 177 cm

Weight: 76 kg

Birthdate: April 21, 1979

Birthplace: Marseille, France

Nationality: Sweden

Caps: 69 caps for Sweden, back-up Captain at Swedish NT

Position: DM C

Jersey Number: # 6

Fee Paid: €3.3M

Contract Details: 3 yrs, €1.2M in his first 2yrs, €1.6 in his last

I will put up an update of our remaining signings later.. These players are Baris Ozbek and Serkan Calik from Rot-Weiss Essen, Orkun Usak from Kayseri Erciyesspor, Servet Cetin from Sivasspor and Volkan Yaman from Antalyaspor.

To look at the sad part, we saw Sasa Ilic (to Red Bull Salzburg of Austria), Jun-Ichi Inamoto (to Eintracht Frankfurt of Germany) and most notably a Galatasaray legend, goalkeeper Ali Faryd Camillo Mondragon (to 1.FC Koln of Germany) leave. Third-string goalkeeper Fevzi Elmas is expected to be loaned out or sold to newly-relegated Antalyaspor as a part of the Volkan Yaman transfer deal.

Posted Image

from right to left: Bouzid, Servet, Orkun, Ozbek and Calik

Posted Image

In picture: Cassio de Souza Soares Lincoln

here are the new jerseys for Galatasaray SK football team to be worn in the 2007-08 season..

Posted Image

Home Jersey - Typical Halves

Posted Image

Away Jersey - Plain White with Dark Red and Gold-coloured parts

Posted Image

Alternate Jersey - Plain Black with Red and Yellow-coloured parts

We've abandoned two things I didn't like..

1) We won't anymore use the dark red-orangish yellow striped jersey of last year which was a true disaster..

2) We won't use the dark red-dark yellow colours that reigned our jerseys since centenary season.. We'll be turning back to the typical red-yellow halved jersey..

We also won't be using the black logo.. adidas inserted a new ecliptic-white logo on all jerseys which adds some good contrast to the alternate jersey..

But still the home and second jersey still look very plain and not so attractive.. Good to see the halved jersey without any black parts in it back since 1997, though..

But I'll definitely go and buy the alternate jersey, which is still plain but looks far better than our crap alternate jersey from last year, greyish background with invisible yellow stripes..

I also want to see how our alternate jersey looks on Lincoln.. ;)

-- photos have been published with courtesy of galatasaray.org --

I also want to see how our alternate jersey looks on Lincoln.. ;)

here is the answer..

Posted Image

and a few more..

Posted Image

white jersey on Arda

Posted Image

halved jersey on Tobias or should I call him Rocco?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

Galatasaray have won the Prestigious Friendly Cup in Yverdon, Switzerland by beating Young Boys Bern in the final 3-1. Galatasaray eliminated Anderlecht two days ago, 1-0.

Feldkamp who fielded mainly the core players from last year against Anderlecht, went for the new guys against Bern and with a young squad beat the Swiss club easily.

Goalkeeper Orkun, first goal's scorer Baris Ozbek, secong goal's scorer Ozgurcan and Anil, 17-year-old left-back who did a pretty good job with the assist in the third goal looked impressive.

Here's a brief match report..

Galatasaray: Usak Orkun - Rigobert Song, Ishmael Bouzid, Cetin Servet, Karabulut Anil - Baris Ozbek, Tobias Linderoth, Volkan Yaman - Umit Karan, Ozgurcan Ozcan, Calik Serkan (Hasan Sas on 47' for Ozbek, Mehmet Topal on 65' for Umit Karan, Ates Necati on 70' for Volkan, Haspolatli Cihan on 87' for Calik)

Goals: Ozbek'34 (1-0), Regazzoni'50 (1-1), Ozgurcan'56 (2-1), Umit Karan'59 (3-1)

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

GALATASARAY PART WAYS WITH SIX PLAYERS

Galatasaray have decided to depart with six players, four of them core of the team from last year, after coach Feldkamp was not impressed with left-back Ak Orhan, right-back Haspolatli Cihan, centre-back Emre Asik, striker Hasan Kabze, forward Necati Ates and Croatian defender Stjepan Tomas.

Tomas and Kabze have already agreed to join the Russian club Rubin Kazan FK for fees of €2.5M and €1.1M respectively and right-back Haspolatli has agreed to go to Bursaspor. Ak Orhan and Emre Asik have not found themselves a club yet and the surprise package of the deal, Necati Ates, who was an integral part of the team for 3.5 years and had many admirers amongst the fans (like the Neco_25 in these forums who is away on military service), said he expects to sign for a European club and hasn't gone to any club yet.

Thanks to all the players in this list who all tried to give their bests to the team. Many fans might disagree with Ak and Haspolatli but they tried at the very least. And Hasan Kabze will be remembered with his two goals against Besiktas on Matchday 33 of the 2005-06 season which one week later won us the Championship.

Here's the wiki link for Kabze's signature..

Hasan Kabze to Rubin

• 2 weeks later...

Galatasaray have officially signed Congolese striker Shabani Nonda on a two-year contract worth €1M a year. The player joins from AS Roma, where he was a bit part player, though he made his breakthrough in AS Monaco just before joining the Italian giants in 2004. The fee paid to the Giallarossi is €500 k. He will wear number 20 this season.

Posted Image

The Burundi-born forward scored a hatful of goals thruout his career with AS Monaco and FC Rennes and had been plagued with injuries until 2006 where he joined Blackburn Rovers on loan and scored 9 goals in a total of 29 appearances.

• 5 months later...

Galatasaray have officially signed Congolese striker Shabani Nonda on a two-year contract worth €1M a year. The player joins from AS Roma, where he was a bit part player, though he made his breakthrough in AS Monaco just before joining the Italian giants in 2004. The fee paid to the Giallarossi is €500 k. He will wear number 20 this season.

Posted Image

The Burundi-born forward scored a hatful of goals thruout his career with AS Monaco and FC Rennes and had been plagued with injuries until 2006 where he joined Blackburn Rovers on loan and scored 9 goals in a total of 29 appearances.

signed Nonda..??

that long..??

I'm sure I'm missed!! :LOL: :LOL:

thanks for the update...i heard GS held Leverkusen good result....id say it should be pretty exciting times if GS wins that... and I saw GS beat Konyaspor and that means theyre on top...GS fans could be quite happy by the end of this week...

and you said are working with the Turkish FA? Doing what if I may ask?

and you said are working with the Turkish FA? Doing what if I may ask?

interpretin'.. ;)

don't worry, I won't be the next NT coach after Terim, so you now can relax that Turkey will not be the World Champion :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Archived