Phantis Forums

Galatasaray Thread

It will be a big scandal if Galatasaray cant join to CL, after these transfers. I think if u cant have 3 or 4 very big stars, u have to turn to your team football and passion footballers. For example now Linkoln finished his term in this team because he is alone i have the same doubth for Kewell.

I think there are 2 ways;

1- to make a team with at least 3-4 big stars

2- to turn to your footballers and to transfer not very famous but passioned warrior, quality footballers.

I have some bad feelings Galatasaray didnt do this, they transfered 2. hand big stars such as De Sanchis, Kewell, Meira, Linkoln (i think he has personal problem) of course they are stars too...

Ok to deserve CL Galatasaray has to win in Bukres and i beleive they can manage it, but if they cant do it i wont feel bad because it means they dont deserve to be in this League Anyway Steau was one of the weakest team to have...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kewell scored on his GS league debut against Denizlispor 4-1 win...

and Fenerbahce...

lost 1-0 to Gaziantepspor :LOL:

im telling you...i dont think aragones was going to be a good choice!

But Fener will probably qualify for the Champions League while Galata probably won't.

Galatasaray has a custom had 9 times step matches before with more powerfull teams too and passed all the step matches...I dont think they will change this custom but on the other hand Steau has advantage in Romania on paper but actually Galatasaray's favourite...My referance is only this Custom...

I agree, that is a good signing. Ive always liked this player. He seemed like he could have had sucha sucessful career after the euro. He was good at liverpool for a bit too but i expected more from him outta his carreer. Maybee he can pick something up at gala if he starts in teh CL or uefa whatever they are playing in/

Poor ''Arda'' tried to do something alone. Even if the goal was offside Galatasaray played nothing. Team absolutly not ready, to transfer is not everything you have to transfer a good coach too, not to keep the team ready coasted to GS at least 15 milion dolars and to loose prestige. Normally if GS and FB would go CL together Galatasaray would keep 5.5 milion dolars, Fener would keep 4.5 milion dolars only to participate but now Fenerbahce will keep 10 milion dolars alone.

To be honest Partizan which Fener beated 2-1 was better team then Steau, bravo to Fener. I hope Galatasaray would play with most difficult teams on UEFA cup...

well......

Galatasaray drew

BELLINZONA in the UEFA Cup!

that is 20 mins train from where I am. I am likley going to match :tup: , possibly in the GS supporter section B)

Good luck Galatasaray, although I will be happy if Bellinzona wins too because that would mean more UEFA Cup matches in this tiny town... :)

I know the Turks here will probably go crazy for the game...not much sports ever comes to these sports, they must be so excited. Also PAO is coming to Milan...

well......

Galatasaray drew

BELLINZONA in the UEFA Cup!

that is 20 mins train from where I am. I am likley going to match :tup: , possibly in the GS supporter section B)

Good luck Galatasaray, although I will be happy if Bellinzona wins too because that would mean more UEFA Cup matches in this tiny town... :)

I know the Turks here will probably go crazy for the game...not much sports ever comes to these sports, they must be so excited. Also PAO is coming to Milan...

When speaker told that its a town with 17,000 population i smiled, when you think 13 milion population in Istanbul its strange...

I think Bellinzona comes to UEFA from Switzerland Cup? How is this team? i haven't heard its name before, is this a good team? what is the recent performance of the Bellizona?

On the other hand Galatasaray doesnt have right to underrate to any team after couldnt participate CL...

they came in via the Swiss Cup...i think they were semifinalists, other teams already had UEFA spots.

They are newly promoted, and they play in a 6,000 people stadium currently way at the bottom of the league, relegation fighters.

They defeated Dnipro (Ukraine) on away goals in their last game. 5-5 agg

I think no way GS will not win. They may give a fight, but GS should advance without too much trouble.

I dont really know them/havent seen them, but still GS coming here would be very big event esp for the many Turks here.

Galatasaray managers would offer to the Bellizona to play in Switzerland in a bigger stadium and they will earn very good money too...Because they can make full 40,000 capacity stadium. I dont know UEFA would accept this but i remember something like this before GS made on UEFA.

This team will be nice to Galatasaray to make team ready and Baros would play at these matches too and we would see the real GS after these matches i hope...

But Skibbe is big doubt for me...With this quality players, cant built a team ''tou sou!!!''

they better not move the game outside of Ticino (italian switzerland) where it belongs.

How much longer will they deny this region some european football? :tdown:

it already got screwed in the Euro, with no stadiums built here, Bellinzona makes top flight and UEFA miracle in Ukraine, and now they will maybe take the game to Zurich, which is almost a diff country, so they can cash in on the Turkish immigrants to see GS? ITs pretty stupid. :tdown: It should be moved to Lugano stadium which is 15000. That should be fine.

they better not move the game outside of Ticino (italian switzerland) where it belongs.

How much longer will they deny this region some european football?  :tdown:

it already got screwed in the Euro, with no stadiums built here,  Bellinzona makes top flight and UEFA miracle in Ukraine, and now they will maybe take the game to Zurich, which is almost a diff country, so they can cash in on the Turkish immigrants to see GS? ITs pretty stupid.  :tdown:  It should be moved to Lugano stadium which is 15000. That should be fine.

well.... leave it to the Swiss and their money lust :angry:

The game with Galatasaray Bellinzona has been moved, hours away, to BASEL.

Its pathetic. There is a 15000 stadium in nearby regional biggest city Lugano, and they move the game all the way to frikkin Basel. Why? Oh because theres more Turks there and in neighboring Germany. Good one. Who gives a s%$#! about a majour footballing accomplishment by a minnow team selling them out to having their greatest moment, played in a full stadium in a different canton with all Turks in the stands. GAY. I hope Bellinzona beats the hell out of them, just so those whiny diaspora Turks can go cry about it, because they like it or not, have ruined this tie for the local teams fans.

Ticino, Italian switzerland, may as well join Italian FA, Swiss are total D-bags!

They finally get a big tie, and the game has to go across the country? (Basil is hours away with car and maybe 5 hrs with train, yes Switz is small)

No Euro Stadiums in Italian speaking zones. The one decent thing to come out of lower level Swiss football and Swiss Italian football is taken across the country, for attendance sake. Sure it might be better for the club. But this is ridiculous. Its going to be 90% Turkish immigrants.

UEFA should start putting regional protection laws for games. Sure Maybe the 6000 stadium is "unaccetable" (although, they used to do this for decades with no problem) but they cant move it to the next best thing - that is perfectly acceptable???

• 2 weeks later...

TV speaker told the part of Galatasaray supporters was full (more then 12.000) some of supporters passed to Bellinzona parts...

I have watched the match with my father, and i was laughing to my father because he was getting crazy and shouting to GS and Linkoln-Nonda v.s, but i was sure it will be draw or GS will win the match because to be honest accept some forward skill Bellizona is an average team and even if they score 6 goal in first half it could be 6-7 at the end...

In GS 13 footballer missed the match because of injuries; Arda, Linderoth, Mehmet Topal, Hakan Balta, Sabri, Ümit Karan... But after i saw GS on this match i told thats good they didnt participate in Champ League...

well it ended 4-3 Galatasaray won in the last seconds.....

:tdown:

What a game by Bellinzona though. 3 goals....2 of them were great too.

They are a very little team, its obvious that experience and talent in the backline they didnt have it enough to beat GS....But they did well still, very respectable to score 3 goals vs GS IMO......

Archived