Phantis Forums

Galatasaray Thread

I think watching it live in the stadium is better for me. If I later have the chance to watch the game on video, and have the opportunity to look at the game and pause it whenever I feel something important happens, it is much much better. I used to do so, as I worked for ProZone Turkey for four months, I watched a game live on TV or in the stands, then I worked on the game for two days and simply memorised who ran to where at what minute what second. I think it added to my analysing ability, which I would still say is not very good.

Expected Line-Up for the game against Kayserispor :

----------------Leo---------------

-Sabri--Zan---Servet---Balta--

--------Sarp-------Topal---------

---------------Arda---------------

-Keita--------Baros----Aydın----

Kewell's out injured :( and Rijkaard said yesterday he'll prefer rotation in Estonia.

Elano is expected to come on at around 50'-60' with Ayhan probably replacing Topal in the second half as Topal still has 50-60 minutes of conditioning available because of his severe injury.

I may be at Iskenderun when the Beşiktaş game is played but we'll arrange tickets for a game at ASY with you, haydar. :tup:

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Galatasaray will play in Tallin with a very different team.

Elano will play instead of Arda,

Emre Asik and Emre Gungor will play instead of Servet and Gokhan Zan,

Nonda will play instead of Baros,

Topal will play instead of Mustafa Sarp,

Kewell is injured so Aydin will play there,

Ayhan is injured he wont play Baris Ozbek probably will be in...

And maybe more...

Thats good Rijkaard made 2 different team and we can't say one is worse then other.If Reijkaard starts with 11 different footballer i won't get shock...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA What a suprise!!!

God making Examination Greeks and Turks; :LOL:

GROUP F:

1-Panathinaikos

2-Galatasaray

check the PAO forums, the last page on Atletico Madrid v PAO thread haydar, and look at what I've said... I didn't mean it, I was drunk :LOL: :LOL:

Dinamo Bucureşti is in group,too. We did a nice work avoiding Hertha... :tup:

I'm saying it here, too. I'll be pleased to host any Greek friends here who want to come to the Galatasaray game in Istanbul. I'll be at the Yeni Acik Ust but we'll have time before and after the match to have fun! ;)

UEFA Cup Group F

Panathinaikos AO

Galatasaray SK

Dinamo Bucureşti

SK Sturm Graz

Draw away to PAO, Wins at home to all the teams, win away to Sturm, draw with Bucureşti.. We should get 14 points from this group, but qualifying will do it for me, too..

2-2 away to PAO, 4-0 home to Graz, 3-1 home to Dinamo, 1-1 away to Dinamo, 4-2 home to PAO, 3-1 away to Graz... let's see what happens... :tup:

Caner joins Galatasaray

On a year's loan with the option of purchasing till the end of the season.. :tup:

I'm looking for the financial package.. :whistle:

The guy is 21, explosive, and can play as a LB-LWB-LM-LAM... good rotation player.. B)

edit: Galatasaray have paid nothing as a loaning fee and has the option of purchasing the winger for ?2.6 M. Great Job!!! Fantastic!!! :tup:

In Haldun We Trust!!! :nw: :nw:

• 3 weeks later...

GS i couldn't contact with you for the Besiktas match because i was out of Istanbul...Did you go to match?

Meanwhile i would like to make organisation with you for Panathinaikos match with our Greek friends from Phantis... Unfortunately sides had agreement not to bring supporters to matches. I mean Phanathinaikos supporter won't come to Turkey for the match. Also the same for Turks in Athens. I think this is not a nice solution...

GS i couldn't contact with you for the Besiktas match because i was out of Istanbul...Did you go to match?

Meanwhile i would like to make organisation with you for Panathinaikos match with our Greek friends from Phantis... Unfortunately sides had agreement not to bring supporters to matches. I mean Phanathinaikos supporter won't come to Turkey for the match. Also the same for Turks in Athens. I think this is not a nice solution...

I was at the south, Mersin - Iskenderun, on holiday..

That is so bad!!! I was planning to bring drakos to the game but it fails then!! s%$#!!! :angry:

We beat Beşiktaş 3-0 and our 12 Giant Men are doing miracles at EuroBasket but in my absence, nobody took care it seems! :o

We beat Beşiktaş 3-0 and our 12 Giant Men are doing miracles at EuroBasket but in my absence, nobody took care it seems!

I wrote this comment also Drakos wrote about Spanish victory too under Eurobasket2009 title, I was at vocation too man, i turn yesterday...You remind me my ex boss he was talking like this after he turn back from Abroad... :LOL:

Turkey won to Serbia too...

I watched the matches Lithuania- Turkey and Serbia-Turkey, Turkey absolutly playing very well and i remember when Turkey was 2nd in Eurobasket 2001, Turkey was playing with motivation but now they play like proffesional and excellent...Yesterday even Hedo has terrible performance (i think he scored only 2 points) Turkey managed to win to Serbia and i hear in Spain match they were perfect too... Beleive me if Grecee draw Turkey it will be tough game for Grecee...

I wrote this comment also Drakos wrote about Spanish victory too under Eurobasket2009 title, I was at vocation too man, i turn yesterday...You remind me my ex boss he was talking like this after he turn back from Abroad... :LOL:

Turkey won to Serbia too...

I watched the matches Lithuania- Turkey and Serbia-Turkey, Turkey absolutly playing very well and i remember when Turkey was 2nd in Eurobasket 2001, Turkey was playing with motivation but now they play like proffesional and excellent...Yesterday even Hedo has terrible performance (i think he scored only 2 points) Turkey managed to win to Serbia and i hear in Spain match they were perfect too... Beleive me if Grecee draw Turkey it will be tough game for Grecee...

ok, you win that one :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

our expected line-up against Panathinaikos...

------------------------------Leo Franco---------------------------

--Sabri------------Aşık-----------------Servet--------Balta------

------------------------Sarp-----------Topal-----------------------

---------Keita------------------Elano------------Arda-------------

---------------------------------Baros------------------------------

Kewell will come on for probably tired Arda after 60-70'... The little man has played 16 games in 62 days, and seems to be breathing from his ass.. :nw:

GS what do you guess for the score tomorrow?

I told it in Panathinaikos title;

%40 GS

%30 Draw

%30 PAO

But if PAO wins i think its impossible for them to win with a score 3-0 it could be 2-1, 3-2. Some of friends hope to win 3-0 after i watched the Athletico matches and summary of Panthrakikos match it seen to me impossible. Don't you agree?

Both teams are defensive liabilities. I think both teams will at least score once tomorrow. PAO seem to have the advantage as they are the hosts but fantasizing about scores like 3-0, 4-0 for either side is vanity in my opinion. Most of these players are all top class and it may come down to one little mistake from Galinovic or Leo Franco, or a moment of brilliance from Karagounis or Arda to change the game.

I sense a 2-2 draw with both teams missing many chances to add to that scoreline. drakos, is Gilberto still playing DC? or is he switched back to DM?

sorry wont make the Istanbul game, would have been incredible, maybe one day when we meet again in Europe...

And the day approaches for GS. I think Ten Cate is a bit of a loser and that may work to our advantage, or just do nothing. All nonsense aside the man has an EGO problem, and he really wants to beat Rijkaard. Which is good because he'll make a "desperate" climate for the players to give their best, but probably if something goes very wrong he'll just bitch at the team and sit players out, is my concern.

Good Luck, but I hoping you lose tomorrow :P

CNN Turk will give the match what about for other matches GS do you know other matches will be given by CNN Turk?

Actually to lose in Grecee is not terrible for Galatasaray but for PAO it would be very harmfull, i think this makes the match more stressfull for PAO and Henk Cate...I like Reijkaard who is very Calm and self confident guy he wouldn't make a personal problem to lose if Galatasaray plays well.

Expected Line-Ups.. (Updated)

Panathinaikos AO

------------------------------Galinovic--------------------------

----Marinos-----Sarriegui-------Bjarsmyr----Spyropoulos--

---------------Gilberto Silva--------Katsouranis---------------

----------------------------Karagounis--------------------------

--Salpingidis----------------------------------------Leto--------

-----------------------------Petropoulos-------------------------

Some sources in the Greek press today claim Petropoulos will play as ST while Salpi plays on the right wing forward position as Ninis is to make the bench. This will be a suicidal move for Panathinaikos, I think. Good for us, if it happens. ;)

Galatasaray SK

------------------------------Taffarel------------------------------

---Capone----------Korkmaz-------Popescu--------Penbe-----

---Davala-------------Suat-----------Okan--------Hasan Şaş--

-------------------------------Hagi---------------------------------

---------------------------Hakan Şukur---------------------------

oops... :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :not: :not:

--------------------------Leo Franco-----------------------

--Sabri-------------Aşık--------Gungor-------Balta------

-------------------Topal------------Sarp-------------------

-----------------------------Elano---------------------------

-----Keita---------------------------------------Arda-------

-----------------------------Baros---------------------------

let the best team win.. :)

let the "parcalı" win.. :tup:

Panathinaikos - Galatasaray : 1 - 3

Great result!! :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

It's particularly great considering our best central defenders Servet and Gokhan were out. It's even greater considering our third-choice CB Gungor got himself injured on 25 minutes and Balta played as the LCB with a natural right-back Uğur pulling for the left-back position..

Elano's passing & organising play, Baros' running and tiring the defence and Topal - Sarp's midfield upper hand over Kats and Gilberto were also very pleasing! Keita was the only major disappointment and the decision to leave Arda on the bench might have caused trouble for Rijkaard if things went wrong but hey, this man loves a rotation, eh? B)

The good thing about this season is we are making light work of teams at the calibres of Panathinaikos and Beşiktaş. We didn't play as well as we would have liked in both games but when you look at the scores, it says 6 - 1 in total. We've started playing like big European teams; when we can't play very well, we still win and score at least 3 goals. That's good!

PS: When I say "make light work of teams", I'm not meaning to insult any team here. I mean we are beating teams that are regarded as equals to us quite easily even when we don't play well.

Now, it's time to be serious and win the remaining matches to qualify from this group as leaders.

4 SENE USTUSTE ŞAMPIYON OLDUN

AVRUPANIN KRALI OLDUN

GERCEKLERI TARIH YAZAR

TARIHI DE GALATASARAY...

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Great result!!  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup: 

Sure. ;)

Topal - Sarp's midfield upper hand over Kats and Gilberto were also very pleasing!

I disagree. Especally Mustafa Sarp was nowhere to be seen in the second half, like the BJK game. Panathinaikos domimated the midfield and look to play behind our defensive back line. We were lucky with offside tricks and linesmen got the decision wrong once which would be a goal scoring oportunity. Pana could still turn game after 0-3 fall behind. That wasn't good.

The good thing about this season is we are making light work of teams at the calibres of Panathinaikos and Beşiktaş. We didn't play as well as we would have liked in both games but when you look at the scores, it says 6 - 1 in total. We've started playing like big European teams; when we can't play very well, we still win and score at least 3 goals. That's good!

I disagree vehemently! Beşiktaş match was Ruştu's gift! First and second goal? First goal he waits on his goalline and Mustafa scores free header on back post. Second goal he lets go ball loose from a weak shoot and Baroş taps it in. Pana match in offence was simply luck. Marinos makes mistake in first goal which I won't make in our weekly turf games. Third goal luckyiest deflection that can be. A shoot going slowly in hands of goalkeiper hits the heal of the defender and goes to opossite corner lower 90. We didn't make light work of BJK and Pana. BJK had 58 percentage posession against us but couldn't do anything with it as they have no creetive force. Pana, we were lucky to score first then Pana took game to us, first half we were defensively not bad but after going 2-0 forward, we lost it completely at back. We gave many big chances to Petropoulis, Ninis, Gilberto Silva, Salpigidis. We score goals somehow and don't conceede but this will not always go like this. If we don't score first and concede first against this sort of rival like BJK or Pana, we can't win with this planless defensive fotball. Only good thing about this team we have a goalkieper since Mondragon at last! Leo rocks! :band:

Archived