Phantis Forums

Galatasaray Thread

I can't understand this patience fetish with GS fans. I mean, it's half season and the team is playing nothing. We have creativ names but their stats except Keweel's are horrible. Keita 1 goal 5 asist, Elano 2 goal 3 asist, Arda 3 goal 8 asist.

What if the name is Rijkard? Skibbe's team last year was much better. Lincoln even if he was a spoilt brat was galaxyes better than Elano.

I say sack Rijkard midseason because it is too late when season ends we'll finish in 4th 5th place again with all stars we signatured.

Look at Panatinaikos. I think they shoud have sacked Kate before season begun. But it's never too much late. I watch Panatihaikos against GS in Istanbul and all they do was send long balls to Cisse.

This patience zaga kills me when it comes to big name coaches. Every Dutch coach does not mean "total football" for God sake!

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't understand this patience fetish with GS fans. I mean, it's half season and the team is playing nothing. We have creativ names but their stats except Keweel's are horrible. Keita 1 goal 5 asist, Elano 2 goal 3 asist, Arda 3 goal 8 asist.

What if the name is Rijkard? Skibbe's team last year was much better. Lincoln even if he was a spoilt brat was galaxyes better than Elano.

I say sack Rijkard midseason because it is too late when season ends we'll finish in 4th 5th place again with all stars we signatured.

Look at Panatinaikos. I think they shoud have sacked Kate before season begun. But it's never too much late. I watch Panatihaikos against GS in Istanbul and all they do was send long balls to Cisse.

This patience zaga kills me when it comes to big name coaches. Every Dutch coach does not mean "total football" for God sake!

Man, I'm laughing but not with my mouth!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

"Sack Rijkaard now!" :LOL: :LOL:

I truly haven't seen anything funnier this year!! :LOL: :LOL:

I don't think what I say was funny.

If your advocation for Rijkaard only because he is a big name didn't blind your eyes, you would think same.

So what he's a big name? He made Barcelona Champions League win. But he als made Sparta Roterdamm relegate! Nobody mentions that!

We all know he would be sacked if Cruyf was not on his back in his first season at Barcelona. All he delivered was one Champions League title in five years with players like Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deko, Messi, Xavi, Marques at his disposal. The only reason he remained five seasons at Barcelona was he was Dutch.

Face it, he is not what we looking for!

Man, you're plain unbeliavable! I definitely start to feel poor Frank tried to hang on your girlfriend or something! :LOL: :LOL:

The guy needs time. He, along with Neeskens, is going to establish a great base to build our play upon for the next decade. I'm not saying "total football blah blah" but hey, we are Galatasaray, not Real Madrid! We can't fill all the gaps in the team in one transfer season. So, we need patience!

I can accept being 4th or 5th this year, if I know my team is going to start a domination process in 3-4 years.

The things I said above is the same for PAO, but they have selected the wrong path I think. They should have been patient with Ten Cate. Some members in their forum keep saying the defence was horrible, as such. Yes, that's right, but as I said above these clubs are not Real Madrid or Man Utd! When you sign Cisse for 8 million euros, Leto for 5 million euros, Kats for 4 million euros, you can't sign a high quality defender in that transfer period which should be understood by the fans...

So, I repeat saying that we must be patient with Frank and co. Period! ;)

Sturm Graz-Galatasaray: 1-0

Panathinaikos-Dinamo Bucureşti: 3-0

Group F Standings

Galatasaray 6:13

Panathinaikos 6:12

D. Bucureşti 6:6

Sturm Graz 6:4

Possible teams Galatasaray will face in the next round...

AFC Ajax Amsterdam

Lille LOSC

Hamburger SV

Hertha BSC

Fulham

Villarreal CF

FC Twente

Everton

Club Brugge KV

FC Copenhagen

Athletic Club de Bilbao

Liverpool FC

Rubin Kazan

Standard de Liege

Atletico Madrid CF SAD

I want revenge, I want Hamburg... :box: :box: :box: :box: :box:

Sturm Graz-Galatasaray: 1-0

Panathinaikos-Dinamo Bucureşti: 3-0

Group F Standings

Galatasaray 6:13

Panathinaikos 6:12

D. Bucureşti 6:6

Sturm Graz 6:4

Possible teams Galatasaray will face in the next round...

AFC Ajax Amsterdam

Lille LOSC

Hamburger SV

Hertha BSC

Fulham

Villarreal CF

FC Twente

Everton

Club Brugge KV

FC Copenhagen

Athletic Club de Bilbao

Liverpool FC

Rubin Kazan

Standard de Liege

Atletico Madrid CF SAD

I want revenge, I want Hamburg...  :box:  :box:  :box:  :box:  :box:

Galatasaray-Athletico Madrid

One of the tough team at the list, could be second after Liverpool. Anyway that's better i think, Galatasaray playing and motivating themselves better againest to difficult teams.

I wished a German club specially ''Hamburg'' like how GS1905 told. Last year at the quarter final we lost very tragical to them. Also Galatasaray supporters would be majority in both stadiums...

Anyway we will not able to take revenge of Galatasaray but maybe will take revenge of ''Panathinaikos''. Only thing makes me anaxious is our deffance. If Athletico could attack fast, they could pass slow Servet and Gokhan easly, and could score many golas. But i'm sure of our forward line with Kewell, Baros, Arda, Keita we will find goals...

Good luck to GS,

''No excuse for Galatasaray, No mercy for Athletico''

Galatasaray - Genclerbirliği : 1-0

Stadium: Ali Sami Yen, Istanbul

Referees: Kuddusi Muftuoğlu, Ismail Şencan, Serdar Akcer

Galatasaray (4-3-3): GK Leo Franco - DR Uğur ('79 Linderoth), D RC Servet, D LC Hakan Balta, DL Caner - DM Mehmet Topal ('79 Barış), M RC Mustafa Sarp, M LC Elano - AM R Kader Keita, AM L Arda ('90 Ayhan) - ST Kewell

Genclerbirliği (4-4-2 Diamond): GK Serdar Kulbilge - D R Orhan Şam, D RC Mahmut, D LC Aykut Demir, D L Cem Can - M R Burhan Eeşer ('82 Bruce Djite), DM Kerem Şeras, AM C Labinot Harbuzi, M L Hurşut Meric ('46 Bilal) - ST Sandro Mendonça ('82 Tambwe Patiyo), ST Carlos Kahe

Goal: '77 Kewell (Galatasaray) :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Yellow Cards: '56 Caner, '68 Kader Keita (Galatasaray), '61 Orhan Şam, '84 Kerem Şeras (Genclerbirliği)

and here's the goal... a long pass played from the defensive zone to Kewell who controls the ball and passes it back to Arda. Arda looks up and finds Elano, who threads a superb thru ball to Keita who manages to feed Kewell for a great team goal... :tup:

The Goal of the Game on Facebook

Galatasaray - Trabzonspor : 2-1

-- Turkish Cup Group Stage --

GALATASARAY: Aykut - Sabri ('82 Linderoth), Emre Aşık, Servet, Alparslan ('76 Berkin) - Barış, Mustafa Sarp, Ayhan, Caner Erkin - Arda © - Aydın ('89 Cetin)

TRABZONSPOR: Onur Kıvrak - Omer Aysan ('46 Umut), Rigobert Song ('83 Tjikuzu), Giray, Cale - Serkan Balcı, Selçuk, Ceyhun, Gabric ('66 Engin) - Alanzinho - Gokhan Unal

GOALS: Caner Erkin'38, Arda Turan'48 - Rigobert Song'54

and by the way, I know Doğan Grubu is not Galatasaray-friendly, but dear God, I was at Eski Acık!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Fanatik: Liar Liar!!

There were two moments when both fans chanted altogether, and it was when Song was called to the stands before the game, and he was subbed on 83'. All the stadium chanted Song's name and gave him an ovation!

And the stadium was nearly full house!!! Eski Acık was full, Yeni Acık Ust was 90 % full, Kapalı was full and believe it or not, Numaralı was at least 70-75 % full... There were at least 16,000 people in there!!! They started lying in a game which was published on TV, open air!! Ridiculous!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

After chairman Polat declared we'll be going for a Turkish striker and a foreign defender in the January transfer window, some names and rumours already popped up... I'm sure Mr Ustunel will totally find two totally unrelated but great names to our surprise but here's what I've found from the papers...

Jan Simunek, defender, Wolfsburg, ? 2.2 M reported fee (Fanatik)

Tomas Ujfalusi, defender, Atletico Madrid, ? 3 M reported fee (Fanatik)

Diego Godin, defender, Villarreal CF, ? 6 M reported fee (Fanatik)

Marc Bresciano, holding midfielder, Palermo, ? 1.5 M reported fee (Fotomac)

Gokhan Unal, striker, Trabzonspor, ? 4.5 M reported fee (Fanatik)

Mehmet Batdal, striker, Bucaspor, ? 1.2 M reported fee (Yeni Asır)

Emre Aygun, striker, Ankaragucu, ? 300 k reported fee (Cumhuriyet)

R. Stam, defender, FC Twente, ? 1.7 M reported fee (sporx.com)

• 3 weeks later...

While Ustunel and co. keep signing great players, it seems our healthroom staff is simply sabotaging the club!

Milan Baros was injured vs Fenerbahce on Oct 25 and everybody seemed confident he would make his way back to the team before new year. Now, having suffered surgery after surger, the Czech striker will be back by late March at the earliest!

Harry Kewell suffered a minor injury vs Orduspor in the Turkish Cup Group Stage match. Neeskens and Cuadrat asked for reports for the thigh that was injured. The medical staff said it is a two-week injury and the player will be ready for the re-opening game of the League vs Gaziantepspor. Today's report from the medical staff now says the Aussie superstar "might be out for some time" which literally reads "out for the rest of the season" in my book!

I'm not going to say what's happened to Tobias Linderoth, Serkan Calık, Uğur Ucar and Emre Gungor. These players had injuries in which they were expected to make a comeback in 3-4 months and all of them suffered 2-year-long setbacks!

Taşşak mı Geçiyosunuz Kardeşim???? Tıp Bilmesek Inanacağız!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Galatasaray have made their third addition to their squad today as the announcement of Tottenham forward Giovani Dos Santos has been declared later this afternoon. The Brazilian-born Mexican forward, 20, will join CimBom on loan with the buy option given to Galatasaray for

--------------------------------------Leo Franco-(Aykut, Ufuk)---------------------------

--Sabri (Uğur)----Neill (G Zan, Emre G)---Servet (Emre Aşık)------Balta (Caner)--

--------------------------M Sarp (Topal, Barış)-----Elano (Ayhan)----------------------

---------------------------------------Arda (Emre Colak)---------------------------------

----Kader Keita (Aydın)---------------------------------Giovani dos Santos (Caner)--

----------------------------------------Jô (Nonda, Keita)----------------------------------

* Baros out till mid-March :(

* Kewell out for the rest of the season :( :( :(

This is how the team looks like with the recent signings... :tup:

--------------------------------------Leo Franco-(Aykut, Ufuk)---------------------------

--Sabri (Uğur)----Neill (G Zan, Emre G)---Servet (Emre Aşık)------Balta (Caner)--

--------------------------M Sarp (Topal, Barış)-----Elano (Ayhan)----------------------

---------------------------------------Arda (Emre Colak)---------------------------------

----Kader Keita (Aydın)---------------------------------Giovani dos Santos (Caner)--

----------------------------------------Jô (Nonda, Keita)----------------------------------

* Baros out till mid-March  :(

* Kewell out for the rest of the season  :(  :(  :(

This is how the team looks like with the recent signings...  :tup:

Suprise signings again.

I remember old seasons Galatasaray was playing only with 1 alternative or without alternative for the positions but never had problem like this. Is this bad luck or is there another problem?

On the other hand It's good that management not waiting without doing anything, they are trying to find solutions and these are not bad signings...

But when we look at the total

(-) Baros, Kewel, Nonda

(+) Santos, Jo

---------------------------

= Team won't be more poverful at the Forward line.

(-)Linderoth,

(+)Neil

---------------------------

= Hope team will be better at the deffance,

I beleive Turkish teams can do without foreigner forward or middler but with a full Turkish deffance there is no Champhion at the recent years in Turkey so Neil is good choise for a moment. When we look at the most succesful deffances in Turkey recent years we will see ''Uche-Hogh'',''Ronaldo-Zago'',''Popescu-Filipecu'' also if we look at the league we can see the best deffenders Lugano, Ferrari. I mean we alredy needed an experienced foreigner for deffance...

• 3 weeks later...

Galatasaray eleminated by Antalyaspor at Turkish Cup!!

Antalyaspor 2:1 Galatasaray

Galatasaray 3:2 Antalyaspor

Galatasaray' Ex forward Necati Ates scored goals in Antalya and Istanbul, he was the key player...

Galatasaray doesn't have forward!!!

Baros: injured,

Nonda: sent to to able to transfer Jo,

Giovani Dos Santos : He is not forward and very week to play in Super Lig,

Jo: İnjured,

Harry Kewell: Not forward but he is injured too,

Galatasaray needs it's forward Milan Baros urgently...

And At the Athlecico Madrid match in UEFA Cup it's seem that Kader Keita who is a right wing will play forward also Arda could be hiden forward too. Or Reijkaard will use a tactik like 4-6-0 and will hope for a draw in Madrid.

Galatasaray eleminated by Antalyaspor at Turkish Cup!!

Antalyaspor 2:1 Galatasaray

Galatasaray 3:2 Antalyaspor

Galatasaray' Ex forward Necati Ates scored goals in Antalya and Istanbul, he was the key player...

Galatasaray doesn't have forward!!!

Baros: injured,

Nonda: sent to to able to transfer Jo,

Giovani Dos Santos : He is not forward and very week to play in Super Lig,

Jo: İnjured,

Harry Kewell: Not forward but he is injured too,

Galatasaray needs it's forward Milan Baros urgently...

And At the Athlecico Madrid match in UEFA Cup it's seem that Kader Keita who is a right wing will play forward also Arda could be hiden forward too. Or Reijkaard will use a tactik like 4-6-0 and will hope for a draw in Madrid.

this is what happens when you have a limit on foreign players, one player must have his contract terminated before you can sign another now you have no forwards

• 2 weeks later...

Athletico Madrid 1:1 Galatasaray

23' Reyes

77' Abdel Kader Keita

Well done! Without forward Galatasaray made the best...

But we don't have forward at the second match too...

Where are you Milan Baros

Who will score next time???

Galatasaray 1:2 Athletico Madrid

66' Keita 63'Simao

90'Forlan

Red Card: Caner 82'

Galatasaray didn't play better then Athletico. In Madrid There was better Galatasaray...Again Kader Keita scored goal at the absence of our Forwards he made his job. Again Galatasaray played without Forward,

The man of the match was terrible 4th refree. I don't understand why UEFA pays money to 4th Refree. Not to see the position 1 meter away from them?

When the score was 1-1 and GS was attacking, at 79' Caner pressed to Parea and got the ball and Parea touched the ball when he was falling and change the balls stability it was in front of the 4th ref but unfortunately no penalty. After that in 2 min Caner got the 2 yellow--->Red Card and match solved.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Galatasaray is Falling Down;

Galatasaray's star Footballer Abdelkader Keita sold to Qatar Al Saad with 8,15M Euro Fee. Galatasaray will not able to find a Keita even to 10 M this is sure...

Galatasaray's Manager Haldun Ustunel resigned who was the responsible for the transfer and brough the stars such as Keita, Elano, Reijkaard to Galatasaray...

Galatasaray's and Turkish NT's powerful midfielder Mehmet Topal sold to Valencia...around 4 M

Galatasaray's young Captain and the Best footballer Arda Turan on the way of England...

Meanwhile There is not any transfer accept some second hand Turkish footballers.

This season will be disaster for Galatasaray if it goes on like this. They have to make at least 3 big signing and some auxiliary signings to wake the team-supporters up.But Unfortunately NO HOPE...

• 2 weeks later...

After Albanian Loric Cana transfer from Sundeland second foreigner transfer is Colombian winger Juan Pablo Pinto from Monaco.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/...id=1506183.html

Is there anybody watched him?

Meanwhile Leo Franco left the team (thanks God), and Kewell will stay one more year...It seens that nobady pays 8M for Elano so he will also stay and Giovanni Dos Santos will ...?

Galatasaray needs a good Goalkeeper...Is Tzovras too expensive?:)

• 1 month later...

Galtasaray' last second transfers: Before time is over they transfered Zvjezdan Misimovic from Wolsburg,

http://www.galatasaray.org/en/futbol/futbo.../haber/1081.php

And rented young deffender Emiliona Inisua from Liverpool,

http://www.galatasaray.org/en/futbol/futbo.../haber/1082.php

I know Misimovic, he could be what Galatasaray was looking for. But don't know anythibg about Inisua...

I wish they could do this transfers before Galatasaray leave Euro League. But without o good goalkeeper it will be a difficult year.

Archived