Phantis Forums

Galatasaray Thread

That second goal was a beauty.....that was a laser!

As for the lion :LOL: thats so cool they brought an actual lion to the stadium.... :LOL:

But a good day for Galatasaray...its a pity Fener will go to the champions league over BJK and Sivas.....but the head to head totals are fair....

Anyways many more titles to GS, and there in a good position to qualify for the CL again!

well.. mate,

not in such a good position..

because our last great campaign (2001-02) in Europe no longers effects the coefficients, we probably are going to face teams like Barcelona, Juventus, Milan, Arsenal, Liverpool, Schalke in the third qualifying round. I hope we'll be as lucky as Fenerbahce, as they played with Anderlecht this season when they could have had Valencia, Arsenal, Liverpool...etc..

<_<

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good signing.....

whats been happening with GS in the transfer market so far? anything?

Nothin' really so far.. It looks as if we've got into the excitement of winning the Championship. Only moves in the transfer market for Galatasaray so far is we've had three official bids rejected for Dario Simic, Daniel van Buyten and Valerian Ismael. The newspapers keep writing that Jonathan Zebina or Ivan Cordoba could land at Ataturk Airport at anytime but I don't think there's any truth in it. Because of the appointment of Skibbe as head coach, a few papers wrote we'd be interested in Stephan Kiessling too but I don't think we can afford him.

The players who have left are Hakan Sukur who was released from his contract and Ak Orhan who was on loan at Ankaraspor last season... Rigobert Song is also believed to be on his way out...

a mere update..

Galatasaray have signed Elmas Ferdi from Ankaraspor and Yaser Yildiz from Kartalspor. Both were on free transfers. Yaser scored 12 goals last term in the League A and Ferdi is an explosive winger who had problems with injuries. Ferdi's signing, along with Aydin Yilmaz returning from loan at Buyuksehir Belediyespor, is believed to be a replacement beforehand for Arda who had a good EURO 2008 and is believed to be on his way out this summer or the next.

Galatasaray's experienced centre-back Rigobert Song was not offered a new contract and was snapped up by Trabzonspor on a free. I have a weird feeling we'd miss his experience, though.. <_<

Galatasaray are interested in two foreign keepers, one of which is Itadje. The other one is Isaksson. I think we'll sign one of them in a week's time...

Galatasaray have reached an agreement with 30-year-old winger Harry Kewell. The player was a free agent and the deal to bring him to Ali Sami Yen Stadium seems to be €1.3m a year for three years...

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Galatasaray have reached an agreement with 30-year-old winger Harry Kewell. The player was a free agent and the deal to bring him to Ali Sami Yen Stadium seems to be ?1.3m a year for three years...

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

really?? Harry Kewell would want to go to GS? After all that drama/tension with Leeds and GS?

Wow.......As the say......Money konusuyor !

I guess its good signing. I mean I dont know what has happened to him latley if hes playing or injured, I havent followed.

Whats the story on Arda? Is he rumored to go or will he stay on?

Nice jerseys though !

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/comments/...7-11088,00.html

Welcome Harry Kewell,,,

not only ''money konuşuyor'' drakos he came to a 103 years old club, a champion for 17 times Turkish League many cups and UEFA and Super Cup owner has around 25 bilions supporters all around of the wrold... :nw: :nw: :nw:

''The Leeds funs murdered by Besiktaş supporters the reason was not about football fanatism...''

For Galatasaray best profit to have new generation at this season, young and after Euro 2008 experienced players such as; Mehmet Topal, Hakan Balta, Servet Cetin, Arda Turan, Emre Gungor if Skippe can make a syntehesis with ''Harry Kewell'' ''Linderhoth'' and ''Cassio Linkoln'' its not difficult to play at least quarter final on Champ League...my wish was for Lucescu to be coach for this season because its a dobth ''Skippe' performance :huh: ''

it's definitely not money konuşuyor because €1.3m a year for a player at Kewell's calibre is a bargain imo.. he hasn't played properly for the last year or so but hey.. he's coming from Liverpool, isn't he?! :)

it's definitely not money konuşuyor because ?1.3m a year for a player at Kewell's calibre is a bargain imo.. he hasn't played properly for the last year or so but hey.. he's coming from Liverpool, isn't he?!  :)

Well I mean like, he is not still bitter against Galatasaray from the Leeds incidents. I assumed he might be, and maybe theyre paying the guy a high enough salary for him to forget... I dont know... maybe its........ money konusmuyor ? (if thats correct :LOL: )

I think hell work out well, but just coming from Liverpool is not always good enough.

Afterall, Igor Biscan came to PAO from Liverpool :o

I looked at the link for news......and noticed some of the comments....

They think that the player is on his way out for Australia becasuse hes playing in Turkey :LOL: yeah because Australia is so loaded with talent! :LOL:

If anything, Kewell could be well on his way back up with GS.

Afterall, Igor Biscan came to PAO from Liverpool :o

huuu!!! that was a phantom signing, ain't it :LOL:

and what they mean about the olympics is Kewell has asked his NT coach not to pick him for the Olympics Squad because he's going to play in Turkey, for Galatasaray... The NT Coach didn't pick him up as one of his three over-age players as a result..

• 3 weeks later...

Galatasaray have signed 30-year-old Portuguese centre-back Fernando Meira from Vfb Stuttgart for a fee of €2.5M. The Portuguese player signed a four-year contract worth €1M per year. He will wear #5 at Galatasaray squad next year..

I'm getting really hopeful now... :whistle:

---------------------------------------Aykut-------------------------------

--Ugur-------------Meira-----------------------Servet-----------Balta---

--Arda------------Linderoth-----------------Mehmet Topal----Kewell---

---------------------------------------Lincoln------------------------------

---------------------------------------Nonda-------------------------------

doesn't look too bad, does it?! :tup: :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Galatasaray have inked Italian goalkeeper Morgan de Sanctis from Sevilla CF on a year's loan. The 30-year-old custodian will wear # 26 for the forthcoming season. He is expected to be the team's first choice goalkeeper.

Galatasaray have also added Turkish-German left back/winger Alpaslan Erdem from SV Werder Bremen Amateure. The promising youngster signed a three-year-contract worth €90,000-a-year. He will wear # 60 for the forthcoming season.

Galatasaray, unseeded for CL Third Qualifying Stage, drew Steaua Bucureşti out of all 16 seeded teams. It looks like a good draw as teams like FC Barcelona, Juventus, Arsenal and Glasgow Rangers have been avoided. The first game will be played at Ali Sami Yen Stadium on August 12.

GS i thought i knew you better than to put Rangers in the same category as Juventus, Barca, Arsenal, Liverpool etc..... You should be much happier to avoided PAO in the last seconds of the draw this year!

GS would POUND Rangers, they are quite a mediocre team. Dont let the unbeleivable luck of UEFA Cup last year tell you different. Steaua IMO is a tough draw.....Steaua thinks they can do it too....

I think GS will win though.......Stronger team, Steaua is good but they didnt seem to be the Steaua of the UEFA Cup they did so well in last year in the CL....So I doubt theyll be much better this year. I do know that they signed AEK backup striker Pantelis Kapetanos...... Would be interesting to know how he plays, he was supposed to be a big propsect, but kind of faded over the years....maybe hell make form with Steaua? Keep an eye on him for us if he plays, I am at least quite curious. He might be good, he might be awful.

Either way, my guess is GS will have an exciting 3-0 in Ali SamiYen and a bore 0-0 in Bucurest to go through...

well.. i'll be heading for military service by then but i'll try to have a look..

as a follower if not a fan of Italian football, what do you make of our new goalie De Sanctis? I thought he was a very good goalie when at Udinese but warmed the bench behind a mediocre Palop at Sevilla last term.. I think I can trust your ideas on him! ;)

Military Sevice? :o

Good luck and stay safe man....

De Sanctis - i didnt realize he was at Sevilla...he was solid with Udinese but not that I remember that much of him for that reason...I think he could do well with GS, no reason he shouldnt be one of the top GK in Turkey...He was bench with Sevilla, but this is Sevilla who is a great team....Palop is tough competition...maybe he was not so good last year but he made is reputation the years before i thought...

After signing big names after big name this transfer season, Galatasaray is also believed to have reached an agreement with Valencia CF right-back Miguel. The Portuguese full-back already wants a move out of Mestalla and the Turkish club may well be his new destination. The financial details haven't been disclosed yet..

Miguel deal done according to Webaslan

GS i thought i knew you better than to put Rangers in the same category as Juventus, Barca, Arsenal, Liverpool etc..... You should be much happier to avoided PAO in the last seconds of the draw this year!

GS would POUND Rangers, they are quite a mediocre team.

and what do you know......

Rangers have been eliminated by KAUNAS of Lithuania :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

GO HOME RANGERS!!!!!!!! :xxx: :xxx: :xxx:

in separate note....Miguel.....man seriously...how is this "new PAO" letting players like Miguel, Meira go to GS ( no offense to GS in terms of size as a club, but we supposedly had this mega budget and have nothing to show for it except Gilberto)

2-2 in AliSamiYen....not the best result for GS , Nonda hit 2 goals...

Theyre going to Romania for a win. I think they can definitley do it, itll be tough but a real challenge for the team...Nonda gave a lot of problems to Steaua, and GS made some good unconverted chances + a penalty not given , but Steaua sitll had some chances of their own 2nd half...

Archived